12/03 - Taco Tuesday!

Do you like surveys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XWarrior

Reaction score
Before this, yes. I completed at least 6 of his HITs successfully. The way he's processing this setback, pointing back at the worker, rather than the obvious location of the problem? Eh. We can disagree. Granted, we're being treated differently presently.

Sharing knowledge on here, gives us options, and choices.
I think in a short time things will be reversed, regardless of what the requester and others are posting. Especially if he is going to continue to do research, the only time I have seen a requester in this situation not reverse things is when it was a scam from the start (which it was not) or when they are done with things and not planning on returning, but that is rare. Give it time, and hopefully the requester stops digging a bigger hole (reputation wise) with the defensive/reactive posts. After all for a requester they must protect their reputations at all costs if they are legit.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Holy shit. I actually caught one!....Now let's see if I can actually do it

Edit: Nope. It was already complete :ROFL:

Try catching the Android/Ios one, i qualified and took 10 min. First one all year

• Love
Reactions: XWarrior and LucyO

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A five to ten minute psychological survey about action | Accept
Requester: Javier Gomez-Lavin [A2YNHF86JTPQ2K] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.18] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: You'll be asked to read a short fictional case and answer a few questions
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: XWarrior

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
I think in a short time things will be reversed, regardless of what the requester and others are posting. Especially if he is going to continue to do research, the only time I have seen a requester in this situation not reverse things is when it was a scam from the start (which it was not) or when they are done with things and not planning on returning, but that is rare. Give it time, and hopefully the requester stops digging a bigger hole (reputation wise) with the defensive/reactive posts. After all for a requester they must protect their reputations at all costs if they are legit.
Okay. I'm sharing what is currently occurring objectively, so other workers can compare their experience, should it be similar. You're welcome to share yours as well.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Before this, yes. I completed at least 6 of his HITs successfully. The way he's processing this setback, pointing back at the worker, rather than the obvious location of the problem? Eh. We can disagree. Granted, we're being treated differently presently.

Sharing knowledge on here, gives us options, and choices.
In his reddit post he was quite clear that there was a fuckup in their changes and he's going to be working to make sure this doesn't happen again. I don't really blame him for pointing back at some workers, I feel like workers generally aren't as willing to admit their mistakes as he is in this situation, but despite this I feel like his focus is on the error on their backend than the workers. It seems to me that reaching out is part of the step to figuring out what went wrong and how to fix it.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
In his reddit post he was quite clear that there was a fuckup in their changes and he's going to be working to make sure this doesn't happen again. I don't really blame him for pointing back at some workers, I feel like workers generally aren't as willing to admit their mistakes as he is in this situation, but despite this I feel like his focus is on the error on their backend than the workers. It seems to me that reaching out is part of the step to figuring out what went wrong and how to fix it.
Okay. I'm sharing what is currently occurring objectively, so other workers can compare their experience, should it be similar. You're welcome to share yours as well.

Reactions: LucyO

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Inquisit

Title: Number Guessing Game(~ 30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: V Job [ATXPEQDB1CZJT] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.62] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.55] [Fast=4.91] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=44] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:40:00
Available: 0
Description: A number guessing game to study implicit learning computer algorithms, bonuses available

XWarrior

Reaction score
Yes I got that, I have been keeping up on it and saving face actions are only delaying reversals for many, I was saying, just give things time, and I am "down" with the cause... Power to the Workers...

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Yes I got that, I have been keeping up on it and saving face actions are only delaying reversals for many, I was saying, just give things time, and I am "down" with the cause... Power to the Workers...
Unrequested advice is a common thing on Mturk work forums. Power to the... something. You are heard.

XWarrior

Reaction score
Unrequested advice is a common thing on Mturk work forums. Power to the... something. You are heard.
Did not mean to offend, I am still in reject mode, and was just stating the requester "face saving" responses and comments are slowing his reversals down. He has a stellar like past, and things will correct, I was not trying to be insulting or give unrequested advice, sorry about that.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Did not mean to offend, I am still in reject mode, and was just stating the requester "face saving" responses and comments are slowing his reversals down. He has a stellar like past, and things will correct, I was not trying to be insulting or give unrequested advice, sorry about that.
I am very clear on your repeated perspective. You may have the last word, though, as you wish.

Reactions: XWarrior

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Didn't you used to have an avatar? - You need one :)

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Short qualification test | Accept
Requester: SmithOscar [AKL99MZHRN058] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.62] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.16] [Fast=4.83] [Comm=4.75] [Fair=4.98] [Reviews=84] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.03
Duration: 10:00
Available: 3650
Description: Short qualification

Reactions: XWarrior and LucyO

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from The Choice Lab for work related to 34F34TZU7W9W7P9N53W8KN17KDHJ21.
The value of your bonus is: $7.87 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus from a FACW study.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
Lower than last week but I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.