11/21 - Must Squash Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a complete noob at Turkin'... but I'm killer at finding deals... Feel free to let me know the more difficult/unusual things you are looking to find (Christmas or birthday or any reason lol) and if I can, I'll find something for ya :) Been seeing cheap Boost cell phones, diaper deals, etc. My way of saying thanks!
We've got a spot for us cheap-asses too :D

http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/deals.1448/

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I've been mostly doing things like (remember, first day was 11/01/16) getting 1000 HITs approved (4 rejected, I'm learning), taking qualifications, installing Chrome extensions, and learning from kind folks like in here. I also have a few other things I do, though I haven't done CrowdSurf since I stopped working on WorkMarket (mostly) and switched to Mturk. I do still get some work from LionBridge, that was close to perfect IMO.
I also do surveys on other sites, and Prolific and Stanford Psych on their sites. But surveys also have to be grabbed instantly, so I've slowed down on those since doing AMT.

Is Lionbridge the one that asks you to work on search engine results or social media?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Announcing: 2 new jobs tonight on Prolific. Distill tells me when the page has change. i think I picked it up here.
Can't believe I'm eligible for 2 in one night.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
So many heres I don't know what's going on.
Oh. sorry. hit...hit thingy that kadauchi posted. dangit not finder, not monitor, not scraper...(daughter pulled the cord out of my PC and it's not up now)...notifier! I got a notification from hit notifier that a hit had been posted from here, and I panda'd it, but came here, even after I refreshed (which it's doing on it's own anyway) I still didn't see it here. I thought that was weird.

AmySchulze

Reaction score
I also do surveys on other sites, and Prolific and Stanford Psych on their sites. But surveys also have to be grabbed instantly, so I've slowed down on those since doing AMT.

Is Lionbridge the one that asks you to work on search engine results or social media?
LionBridge is like the best transcription related work I've ever done. The work tends to go a little like this:
Word to evaluate: BOOK
Click to play User saying the word= says "BULK"
Click to hear Computer saying the word= says "BULK"
a. pronunciations match
b. they don't match
c. not sure

Click if
( ) didn't load
( )can't hear it in example
(x) the word, as spelled, is not what is being said.

USUALLY, however, it's simply click, hear BOOK and click yes they match. Obviously, different words etc. It's all people going "Google" and giving something to Google.. some are hysterical..... Can do 3-5 a minute for 7 cents a HIT... $35 for 500 and could easily do 1000 a day while watching TV and doing other things like FB.

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
LionBridge is like the best transcription related work I've ever done. The work tends to go a little like this:
Word to evaluate: BOOK
Click to play User saying the word= says "BULK"
Click to hear Computer saying the word= says "BULK"
a. pronunciations match
b. they don't match
c. not sure

Click if
( ) didn't load
( )can't hear it in example
(x) the word, as spelled, is not what is being said.

USUALLY, however, it's simply click, hear BOOK and click yes they match. Obviously, different words etc. It's all people going "Google" and giving something to Google.. some are hysterical..... Can do 3-5 a minute for 7 cents a HIT... $35 for 500 and could easily do 1000 a day while watching TV and doing other things like FB.

That's doesn't sound like transcription, sounds like even I can do it. We have similar hits here, where you either talk into your mike or listen to a sentence and rate it. I'll look tomorrow. Very long day today and i'm hitting the sack.

Last edited:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
7-8 minutes.

Title: Internet of Things Preferences | PANDA
Requester: Javed Ramjohn [A3079DZEW62ZZT] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
If you own an Internet connected device other than a phone or computer, complete this 15 minute survey on Internet of Things (IoT devices).
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Masters has been granted;

Reactions: <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.