11/20 - Roman Numerals Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
The chirping is definitely nowhere near the TV setup. It's DirecTV so I don't know if that matters. I think it's coming from either one of the two in the hallway, the master bedroom, or the one we haven't put on the wall yet. I've been carrying that one around most of the day. haha

That is certainly the most logical, but batteries have recently become sacred in this house with the new addition of RDRII (controller batteries) and all the crap kiddo is going to need AA's for next month. Plus, it's kind of funny how intermittent the chirp is for now..
3 days ? fuck that would drive me fucking mad

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Our box isn't near the tvs/computers either. IDK if other carriers use the dang things, I looked it up and mine is a Fios box.

I always bring it up whenever someone has a beeping issue b/c it took us a really long tearfilled time to figure it out!
That guy did spend a lot of time in the attic when he did the install. I hope it isn't coming from up there. I'll have to do some digging. Thanks for bringing it up, because that's something I would have never thought of.

Reactions: Despairagus

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
That guy did spend a lot of time in the attic when he did the install. I hope it isn't coming from up there. I'll have to do some digging. Thanks for bringing it up, because that's something I would have never thought of.
We thought it was our smoke detectors and discovered it was the thermostat for the A/C, just a thought.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
We thought it was our smoke detectors and discovered it was the thermostat for the A/C, just a thought.
Another very good point, thank you. I assume there would be some sort of low battery notification on the thermostat screen, but maybe not. :thinking:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Well shucks. The library limits us to 6 digital checkouts per month. Guess it's gotten SO popular that they have no choice.

No wonder they asked us for more funding, lol.

Looks like I'll be using Scribd to supplement my listening. It's only $8.99 a month for unlimited (ish, they will throttle you if you listen too much) so between the two I don't need unresponsive Audible.

Methinks they've gotten too big for their britches if they can't fix a very simple issue within 2 weeks of me being told, "Yep, we can do that, no problem!"

Reactions: Merovign

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Another very good point, thank you. I assume there would be some sort of low battery notification on the thermostat screen, but maybe not. :thinking:
We have a main controller, who was nicely saying ... low battery, but it wasn't the device with the low battery. It was complaining for it's friend that was chirping upstairs.

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Online Shopping Survey | Accept
Requester: b-research [A16C9E7DVXREJ0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.48] [Pay=4.89] [Fast=null] [Comm=3.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.53] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.90
Duration: 30:00
Available: 569
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.2
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Starslip

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
The chirping is definitely nowhere near the TV setup. It's DirecTV so I don't know if that matters. I think it's coming from either one of the two in the hallway, the master bedroom, or the one we haven't put on the wall yet. I've been carrying that one around most of the day. haha

That is certainly the most logical, but batteries have recently become sacred in this house with the new addition of RDRII (controller batteries) and all the crap kiddo is going to need AA's for next month. Plus, it's kind of funny how intermittent the chirp is for now..
Always use rechargeable batteries for any kinda controller. Worked wonders for the Wii era of battery-sucking controllers.
Worth the cost, if you get the right ones. Batteries are expensive.

Reactions: 4ourfuture
Status
Not open for further replies.