11/18 - Friendly Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weakman

Reaction score
Can't wait until Sunday for the Dallas Cowboys to kick some ass.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
We're in Florida. My mom was an RN for 20 years and has all of that stuff committed to memory and first thing tomorrow she's gonna get on the phone. We may have to leave messages since it's a weekend but Escambia County and Tallahassee will be hearing from us at length.
[I may have messed up the QUOTE part of this.] Excellent steps to take. Luck, and keep us informed. And tell her Christopher (or "some Turkers") say hello! :)

Reactions: RaffRiffofTurk

vickiJ

Contributor
Reaction score
My mother is in a nursing home. She insisted that she needed to go to the bank. They loaded her and her wheelchair into the van and drove her to the bank, helped her in to the bank to cash a check for $400 to pay for having her lawn mowed. She gave the guy that "mowed her lawn" the cash. (I pay 190 to get her and my sister's lawn mowed.)

I immediately called and said, "do not take my mother anywhere ever again without calling me first."

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Rant incoming, but I will keep it one or two posts since I know this isn't the best place for rants. The nursing home my grandma was at just called us and asked me if I knew where she was. They dropped her off for her appointment 7 hours ago and just now noticed she hadn't gotten back from it and if I hadn't written my number and who I was to her down on her corkboard her night nurse STILL wouldn't have known. Who in the FUCK thinks an 81 year old woman need 7 hours to see a doctor?! And I mean they knew NOTHING. They didn't know she'd been admitted, they didn't know why, they didn't know what room she was in nothing. Meanwhile I had all of that information within 20 minutes of getting my grandma's message... at 3:30 this afternoon. Alright rant temporarily concluded. I'm breathing, I'm calm... or I will be.
That is pretty dang scary. I'm really sorry, how awful!

Reactions: RaffRiffofTurk

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Rant incoming, but I will keep it one or two posts since I know this isn't the best place for rants. The nursing home my grandma was at just called us and asked me if I knew where she was. They dropped her off for her appointment 7 hours ago and just now noticed she hadn't gotten back from it and if I hadn't written my number and who I was to her down on her corkboard her night nurse STILL wouldn't have known. Who in the FUCK thinks an 81 year old woman need 7 hours to see a doctor?! And I mean they knew NOTHING. They didn't know she'd been admitted, they didn't know why, they didn't know what room she was in nothing. Meanwhile I had all of that information within 20 minutes of getting my grandma's message... at 3:30 this afternoon. Alright rant temporarily concluded. I'm breathing, I'm calm... or I will be.
Your grandma should add the nursing home to her emergency contacts as well as you on a bracelet or something similar so that if anything of the sort ever happens again everyone will be kept in the loop without relying on their intuition/motivation or your grandma remembering to make a call.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
So if anyone here did the Draper HIT that did tasks on the XDATA site how many of the tasks did you have to do?
Cause I did a shit ton and several people over at the new MTG said I did like 6x the stuff they did...(*feeling really shitty*)

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
Your grandma should add the nursing home to her emergency contacts as well as you on a bracelet or something similar so that if anything of the sort ever happens again everyone will be kept in the loop without relying on their intuition/motivation or your grandma remembering to make a call.
She has one. I am sure you understand my frustration. She not only has a medical bracelet but a life alert pendant and her doctor's office knew she came from the nursing home and the nursing home knew she was there. The only reason I didn't personally take her was because I was taking my mother to wound care for diabetic ulcer at the same time as my grandma's appointment. I mean I am not sure how I could have made it any easier on them.

Reactions: Blue
Status
Not open for further replies.