11/15 - Trilogy Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
I think with Alaska the coastal currents actually help give them moderate winters in the populated areas and there is no way to contact anyone who lives in the interior of Alaska for a survey on how much it sucks to be where they are. lol
That is a good point. The article pointed out that Alaska is a whole other lifestyle, the people who live there know and have expectations of a horrible winter so that justifies them being #3 I guess.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I think with Alaska the coastal currents actually help give them moderate winters in the populated areas and there is no way to contact anyone who lives in the interior of Alaska for a survey on how much it sucks to be where they are. lol
yep, the Jet stream goes right to Anchorage. Or it used to, been several years since I've been there.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
That is a good point. The article pointed out that Alaska is a whole other lifestyle, the people who live there know and have expectations of a horrible winter so that justifies them being #3 I guess.
Sounds like the mentality of people who live in the U.P. They love it up there, despite the absolute garbage winters because they know what to expect.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Kiddo is home sick for the third day. Poor thing cannot stop coughing. Her big Christmas gift is being delivered today and I have no idea how I'm going to sneak a massive box possibly covered in images of her play-kitchen into the house let alone hide it. :grimace:
Lock her in the bathroom for ten minutes and RUN AND MOVE THE BOX! or make it into a hide and seek game? Oh man lol have fun however you manage it

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
Read some article that ranked the states by most miserable winters, not necessarily the worst, just most miserable. #1 was Minnesota, #2 was Michigan and #3 was Alaska. Pretty messed up there are states considered more miserable than Alaska who goes 67 days without sunshine.
I challenge anyone to try to get through mid december in Nebraska. It's frozen hell on earth

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, lol. The winters are pretty harsh. Lived in Wisconsin for a long time and those winters are brutal too.
My Dad was stationed in Alaska for a couple of years in the 50's. I enjoyed it, but then, I was a kid of about 8.

FrenchToast

Reaction score
Sounds like the mentality of people who live in the U.P. They love it up there, despite the absolute garbage winters because they know what to expect.
Definitely agree. We have cabins in the UP and northern lower. It is like a totally different world than downstate. I do enjoy it though, seems simpler, like older times or something. LOL

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Definitely agree. We have cabins in the UP and northern lower. It is like a totally different world than downstate. I do enjoy it though, seems simpler, like older times or something. LOL
oh, agree. That's why I have a cottage up on Lake Saint Helen :D It's nice to go to the woods and relax. Society is simpler up there.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Read some article that ranked the states by most miserable winters, not necessarily the worst, just most miserable. #1 was Minnesota, #2 was Michigan and #3 was Alaska. Pretty messed up there are states considered more miserable than Alaska who goes 67 days without sunshine.
Anything I recall about Alaska with any disparagement is the earthquakes they have up there. Exciting.

FrenchToast

Reaction score
oh, agree. That's why I have a cottage up on Lake Saint Helen :D It's nice to go to the woods and relax. Society is simpler up there.
Nice. The other best thing about up north is property is so CHEAP! Our frends just bought a cabin and 10 acres in Roscommon Co for less than $25k

Reactions: sofaslug and Liz

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Now I understand why living near Anchorage was so .... nice.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Nice. The other best thing about up north is property is so CHEAP! Our frends just bought a cabin and 10 acres in Roscommon Co for less than $25k
yeah, I got my 3 bedroom cottage on a half acre less than 500 ft from the lake at the end of the street for $32,500. Also Roscommon county.

Status
Not open for further replies.