11/15 - Feel Good Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
You wouldn't know if you got a block unless you tried to work for someone and got the "need qualifications" message while knowing for a fact you had the qualifications.
They don't send emails out anymore like they used to.
Smith Oscar blocked me :wink: That's how I know. There was an issue with his HIT and instead of assisting me, he just cut me off.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
He did look a little tweaked :thinking:
Sounds like he would be, by the way I've got two massive 85 foot Oaks trees right over my porch and yes they can throw out a massive amount of leaves, I get a fresh batch every morning in the fall. At least it seems to be the off year for the acorn drop, which I think only happens every two years, those are especially painful to get up off the porch and they are especially painful to step on in my bare feet.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Some comfort should be taken that it happened to multiple people. Little sketch because who knows how bad the algorithm really is but good also because there was no isolated incident it seems. I'm gonna keep turking the same way I always do.

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
Choice Lab has been broken for me since last week. When they had the system issue (was it on the 4th?) it locked me up. Told me to submit HIT with some code with date and system issue, but I told them it timed out. I asked if they can close it out on their end. Never replied to my emails. Caught 4-12 and was unable to participate in any of them. Emailed every single time, no response. However, the one I did submit, I made a $9 bonus. Wish I caught them all. I actually enjoyed the HIT

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Three massive oak trees :cliff: So many leaves and acorns.

Nature's Legos :shifty:
I hate those acorns. They drop so hard they bounce back up off the ground and peg me. I swear the squirrels are up there throwing them at the ground.

And then the ground cover of acorns, I can't even walk without rolling across the top of the acorns there are so many. When the wind blows they dump on the roof and sound like a hailstorm. :frustrated:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I hate those acorns. They drop so hard they bounce back up off the ground and peg me. I swear the squirrels are up there throwing them at the ground.

And then the ground cover of acorns, I can't even walk without rolling across the top of the acorns there are so many. When the wind blows they dump on the roof and sound like a hailstorm. :frustrated:
semi related spiteful squirrel story: this neighborhood kid was throwing rocks at a squirrel sitting in a tree. it ran out on a branch over his head and peed on him.

Just thought I'd share.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

semi related spiteful squirrel story: this neighborhood kid was throwing rocks at a squirrel sitting in a tree. it ran out on a branch over his head and peed on him.

Just thought I'd share.
Spam Squirrel @Spam Squirrel

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
So they not only want me to message them "for the hit" to report the problem, but also will be manually checking my location all for 30 cents.

"For some reason we were still unable to verify your country location. We ask you to please assist us in getting this protocol correct. Please enter your MTurk worker ID below and contact the requester for this HIT to report the problem.

Once you click Next, you will be taken to the survey (and certifying that you are taking this survey from the U.S. and not using a VPS). We will be checking locations manually for those who reach this point and you will be contacted if this check identifies you as violating these requirements."

Random Jobber

Reaction score
So they not only want me to message them "for the hit" to report the problem, but also will be manually checking my location all for 30 cents.

"For some reason we were still unable to verify your country location. We ask you to please assist us in getting this protocol correct. Please enter your MTurk worker ID below and contact the requester for this HIT to report the problem.

Once you click Next, you will be taken to the survey (and certifying that you are taking this survey from the U.S. and not using a VPS). We will be checking locations manually for those who reach this point and you will be contacted if this check identifies you as violating these requirements."
I've had this happen a few times and I never messaged them and they always approved anyway

Reactions: XWarrior

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score

Just thought I'd share.
Between the raccoons, the cats, the possums and those really strange snakes that put off an awful odor when you come near them, I do have to admit that the squirrels are the least irritating of all the lovely natural wildlife in my yard. Minus the cats of course, any animal that lays around all day and sleeps and only gets up to be served dinner, can never be called "wildlife".

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Social Issues Opinions(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Gordon Hodson [A32JWRUQG44A6G] [TurkerView]
Description: survey takes approximately 10-15 minutes; payment of $1.00
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 4 min, 45 sec
Catchability: Great
Pros: Progress bar is accurate.
Cons: Questions in one section only have one answer. If you don't agree with something then you get a pop up message that you didn't answer all questions,so you have to select to continue without answering to proceed.
No code at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.