11/15 - Beat the Devil Out of It Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I always get tripped up over the question about putting women on a pedestal, cause I know exactly how they're trying to interpret those responses, but I tend to believe you should put anyone you're in a relationship with on a bit of a pedestal...
I think putting people on a pedestal just ends up backfiring in the long run. You have to realize people have flaws and insecurities and they do dumb shit, and if you idolize them they're gonna end up letting you down because no one can live up to that.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, I finally heard back from the Requester that I commented about earlier that Rejected me, and then gave 2 bogus replies on why I was rejected. Apparently my answer to one of the questions was significantly different from most of the other people that completed the survey that they're rejecting me (and calling it "failed attention check")
...So now I'm being rejected for having a different opinion?
I feel like if you're going to disregard results that don't agree with what you think the answers should be, you have no place running a scientific study or in the sciences at all.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't know. Apparently because I have a penis my emotional intelligence is somewhere between pocket lint and hairball. Not a big deal though... who needs to think when the answer is supposed to be "you should have no opinion at all"...
I hope this isn't always how men feel! I'm raising a future man I'm I'm trying hard to let him know his opinion matters and he has superior emotional intelligence! (He does...now I just gotta make sure society doesn't beat that out of him.)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think putting people on a pedestal just ends up backfiring in the long run. You have to realize people have flaws and insecurities and they do dumb shit, and if you idolize them they're gonna end up letting you down because no one can live up to that.
I feel like it would be easier to see someone's flaws if they were on a pedestal. But, you should walk a mile in someone's shoes before you judge them. Then you're a mile away and have their shoes.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
So, I finally heard back from the Requester that I commented about earlier that Rejected me, and then gave 2 bogus replies on why I was rejected. Apparently my answer to one of the questions was significantly different from most of the other people that completed the survey that they're rejecting me (and calling it "failed attention check")
That's crap. Any researcher worth their salt knows there are always outliers and their responses are extremely valuable.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, but at the same time you've got to see them as at least a little bit better than pretty much anyone else in at least some way, or why be with them at all?

Reactions: Pleco and tricker

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
That is incredibly insightful coming from a fleabag.

Last edited:

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't know. Apparently because I have a penis my emotional intelligence is somewhere between pocket lint and hairball. Not a big deal though... who needs to think when the answer is supposed to be "you should have no opinion at all"...
wo man u need to calm down

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok then....

Also, though I don't feel like trying to figure out why it makes a difference, prob. doesn't, SkipTransit @SkipTransit usually it's the avatar that will throw me off, yours has 'both' and just realized now you aren't female lol. Anyway that was interesting, and very familiar statements.

Now back to being bored out of my skull hoping something shows up soon.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but at the same time you've got to see them as at least a little bit better than pretty much anyone else in at least some way, or why be with them at all?
At least better than anyone else *for you.*

I still have my ex (and father of my children) on a tiny pedestal. Not that I want to be with him romantically, I just think he's a pretty amazing guy and we made some awesome kids and I'm glad I had my kids with him over any other man I ever dated.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
I've emailed them again (I waited over 5 hours for their last reply) I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post my TO rating and we'll see if they have anything else to say, also it gives me more time to come up with a more diplomatic rating (I don't like angry/out of spite ratings).

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm with Pleco @Pleco on this one. I was in a relationship once where I was put on a pedestal to such a degree that I felt like I wasn't allowed to be a fully functioning person. I think there's a difference between having standards and thinking someone is so much better than they'll never do any kind of wrong most of the time. It's way, way too much pressure. I do agree, though, that people should definitely have standards - otherwise there really isn't a point.

Reactions: Pleco

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
"Expectation is the mother of all heartache."

I think the secret to a happy love life is seeing a persons flaws and loving them FOR those flaws, not in spite of them. It's a difficult thing to accept someone entirely as they are.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope this isn't always how men feel! I'm raising a future man I'm I'm trying hard to let him know his opinion matters and he has superior emotional intelligence! (He does...now I just gotta make sure society doesn't beat that out of him.)
no
as a guy you are either
a) unemotional, and tend to accept that whatever the She says is good, is good
b) are whiny, emotional, and are just generally upset that they aren't getting everything they feel they are entitled to

this is probably why most guys are less likely to reject a girl than an equal situation for a girl rejecting a guy.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"Conform OR ELSE"

Reactions: SkipTransit

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
no
as a guy you are either
a) unemotional, and tend to accept that whatever the She says is good, is good
b) are whiny, emotional, and are just generally upset that they aren't getting everything they feel they are entitled to

this is probably why most guys are less likely to reject a girl than an equal situation for a girl rejecting a guy.
wat lol

SkipTransit

I'm Bigger on the Inside
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok then....

Also, though I don't feel like trying to figure out why it makes a difference, prob. doesn't, SkipTransit @SkipTransit usually it's the avatar that will throw me off, yours has 'both' and just realized now you aren't female lol. Anyway that was interesting, and very familiar statements.

Now back to being bored out of my skull hoping something shows up soon.
White dude, yeah. Sorry. Hopefully an enlightened one though. Or at least I try to be. I'm sure some survey will tell me otherwise tomorrow though. (sigh)

Reactions: T. Leela
Status
Not open for further replies.