11/09 - Thank Everyone and Everything It's Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score
when i ran those spanish language hits a while back, we got a big proportion of the results back from venezuela, about a third probably. i don't *know* the workers were venezuelan because we don't collect ip info (amazon doesn't provide that & it's none of our business anyway) but the task was to "write a sentence containing an address", and when you see one worker has given you a bunch of addresses in e.g. caracas, you're entitled to assume they live there i guess! anyway i had to go over the responses pretty carefully to annotate them (it's all for machine learning purposes) and as far as i could tell they p much all did a great job! i just feel bad for people who are forced into the position of doing shady stuff like spoofing their location just to try & make ends meet

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Have you not been jamming out to their song Don't Go Breaking' My Heart for the past couple of months?! Their new song is called Chances.
They had a Las Vegas residency and going on a world tour in 2019!
Oh my lord, and that, ladies and gents, is how you know you're getting old! When music groups that were popular in your youth are doing RESIDENCIES IN LAS VEGAS! Ohh boy... :grandma:

I don't like the Backstreet boys so I was unaware they weren't all fat and retired by now.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh my lord, and that, ladies and gents, is how you know you're getting old! When music groups that were popular in your youth are doing RESIDENCIES IN LAS VEGAS! Ohh boy... :grandma:

I don't like the Backstreet boys so I was unaware they weren't all fat and retired by now.
They actually all look really great! They aged well.
And yah..Britney and BSB in Las Vegas..my favorites. I feel old lol

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah... the groups I listen/listened to are still around, but seeing pop groups, and Clueless-inspired clothing, and other things back make me feel ancient still.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah... the groups I listen/listened to are still around, but seeing pop groups, and Clueless-inspired clothing, and other things back make me feel ancient still.
Mm I saw Radiohead this summer and when Thom Yorke looked more like a dad on his way to drop the kids off at soccer than a rock star I felt uhh... existential dread lmao

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
when i ran those spanish language hits a while back, we got a big proportion of the results back from venezuela, about a third probably. i don't *know* the workers were venezuelan because we don't collect ip info (amazon doesn't provide that & it's none of our business anyway) but the task was to "write a sentence containing an address", and when you see one worker has given you a bunch of addresses in e.g. caracas, you're entitled to assume they live there i guess! anyway i had to go over the responses pretty carefully to annotate them (it's all for machine learning purposes) and as far as i could tell they p much all did a great job! i just feel bad for people who are forced into the position of doing shady stuff like spoofing their location just to try & make ends meet
Venezuela also been filling up Ebay for the last year.
They are selling everything that isn't nailed down.
It's been good for collectors.

Now if only that same quality of work you got done on your batch was done by the rest of these rogue turkers everything would have went smoothly.
No one would have even noticed the spoofers most likely.

Reactions: Despairagus

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
About the only groups left from my "era" (which was quite long due to older brothers) are the Rolling Stones and the Four Freshmen.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ok actually now I get what you're saying.
Yea people with the Venezuela location qual are legit.
They earned their accounts and quals.

The issue was only with the rogue spoofers.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I only logged on to complete a follow up survey and ended up getting quite a few in a hurry. Even threw some back. Not at all interested at looking at pictures for 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.