11/08 - Fire Ant Fricassee Friday!

Do you vape?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Multiple study ends before Thanksgiving and the potential payout is $16.00. I had trouble initially installing the app. Tablets or smartphones only.

Title: Survey about thoughts, feelings, and current events(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Affective Science & Health Laboratory [A37YTRXG1FWGX7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.77] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.72] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.38] [Reviews=35] [ToS=2]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 28
Description: This study involves a series of surveys asking about your thoughts and feelings about current events
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [1288907864-180890] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
Glad you posted this, I forgot all about it and didn't install the app yet!

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
New pay issue aside, I'm pretty happy with Amazon today because I contacted them about having to wait ANOTHER week for my order they sent to a Khol's pickup place (and how that ever happened ?????) and they are overnighting it.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Glad you posted this, I forgot all about it and didn't install the app yet!
It said something about doing it by 7 pm. Anyway, probably good you waited because they had to revamp it.

Reactions: Blakkat

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I asked this last night but I didn't really get any answers so kind of hoping for a little insight here..

I'm quitting my job in 2 weeks and moving to a new city with no job lined up yet, probably because I'm an idiot.

For you full time turkers out there, what is your typical day like in terms of earnings?
If you'd rather PM me to discuss this, i'd appreciate any help.

Just trying to make sure I won't drown financially... lol
Your situation is so eerily similar to someone I know that it's making me :tinfoil:

chrisd6

Reaction score
Your situation is so eerily similar to someone I know that it's making me :tinfoil:
Hah, what state do you live in?
Doubt it's the same.. just glad to know there's others in my spot i guess

Reactions: ducky

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hah, what state do you live in?
Doubt it's the same.. just glad to know there's others in my spot i guess
Florida. It's just the same in that they just put in their 2 weeks just yesterday and are moving states w/o a job lined up

chrisd6

Reaction score
Florida. It's just the same in that they just put in their 2 weeks just yesterday and are moving states w/o a job lined up
I'm in Georgia. Never know, I've seen weirder coincidences!

Are all the full-time turkers usually off by this time or am I asking a question not often talked about here? Not new to mturk, new to here

HelloHello

Reaction score
Sayonara - 2 User Testings, my $75 Discussion.io and a nice smattering of low paying surveys and I'm done for today. Getting that app installed for Affective Science frustrated me greatly.

Reactions: Blakkat

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in Georgia. Never know, I've seen weirder coincidences!

Are all the full-time turkers usually off by this time or am I asking a question not often talked about here? Not new to mturk, new to here
The forum is generally deader in the evening, and the weekend is coming up so it's gonna be even quieter. I know lots of full-timers that make 100+ per day; sometimes it's easier and faster to reach that if you have good closed quals and they happen to post that day, or if good batches happen to post on a given day. Otherwise it could be an all-day affair grinding surveys or semi-decent batches.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Sayonara - 2 User Testings, my $75 Discussion.io and a nice smattering of low paying surveys and I'm done for today. Getting that app installed for Affective Science frustrated me greatly.
Ugh, I think I am going to give up on installing.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, but I am doing on Android. My setup data wasn't received, sent email for help

chrisd6

Reaction score
The forum is generally deader in the evening, and the weekend is coming up so it's gonna be even quieter. I know lots of full-timers that make 100+ per day; sometimes it's easier and faster to reach that if you have good closed quals and they happen to post that day, or if good batches happen to post on a given day. Otherwise it could be an all-day affair grinding surveys or semi-decent batches.
Gotcha, thanks for this! I usually hit $15-30/night after work which isn't enough to sustain me obviously but I may have some optimism that I can survive if I do this full time for a little while!
I'm not all too aware of what batches to look for as it seems they usually pop up in the daytime, so I guess this will be an interesting learning experience.
I haven't exactly given myself another option anyway

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Tell us what you think! | Accept
Requester: Lab for Social Research [AUIV2U68T1REV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.40] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.38] [Fast=4.04] [Comm=2.67] [Fair=4.46] [Reviews=56] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.08
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Short survey that pays $1.08
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Moral character photo rating survey 2/5(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Erika Carlson [A17U171Y2O7SDQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.68] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This is the second survey in the Moral Character Photo Rating Study, which aims to investigate how people form moral character impressions. If you are eligible, then upon completion of this survey you will be invited to complete the remaining 3 surveys in the study. Compensation increases with each survey. You must complete this HIT within 2 days (by November 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM) or you will automatically NOT qualify for the next survey.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hey guys, I asked this last night but I didn't really get any answers so kind of hoping for a little insight here..

I'm quitting my job in 2 weeks and moving to a new city with no job lined up yet, probably because I'm an idiot.

For you full time turkers out there, what is your typical day like in terms of earnings?
If you'd rather PM me to discuss this, i'd appreciate any help.

Just trying to make sure I won't drown financially... lol
I'm not sure if it's really a good idea to compare yourself to others without really knowing their quals or skillsets. It's not easy to make a livable wage on this platform and I would suspect that the vast majority of people that are making the larger amounts have a lot of good quals and have spent years honing their skills and improving their work flows. Just because someone chimes in and says "I turk full time and make x amount" doesn't necessarily mean that it will be that easy for someone that's just moving to full time. So I would just be mindful of that.

We're also heading into the slowest time of the year and people probably won't be making in late Dec/early Jan what they're making right now. It's really tough and having just one or two good quals could be the only thing allowing you to cover your bills (depending on what you require).

I'm sure people have already told you all of this and I don't know what your MTurk situation is like, but I just want to make sure you're aware that things very well might not go the way that you plan. One of the worst things about this work is just how unpredictable it can be.

To answer your question though, I try to shoot for around $80 per day, but it fluctuates wildly (I made nearly $300 yesterday and not even $20 today). I could go higher if I need, but I'm lazy and enjoy my free time (I also spend a ton of time here), so I usually just make the bare minimum of what I need to live off of. That said, though: I have masters, a decent amount of very old quals, I can make my own tools and scripts, and I have a social circle that helps with all of that as well and can alert me to stuff. That all really helps. I've seen people make decent money on here without all of that, but it's really hard. That requires a massive time commitment that will probably eat up your life and burn you out very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.