11/05 - Tin Can Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XWarrior

Reaction score
Prolific Problem

I've done quite a few HITs on Prolific but , from time to time, I see a HIT on Prolific that still needs scads of respondents. I try and accept it and get a CODE such-and-such and can't grab the HIT. Unable to accept the HIT, I query the Prolific staff asking for clarification. I've never gotten an adequate answer to the problem or been told what the code mean, so I keep asking the question: why can't I accept this HIT, and what does CODE such-and-such MEAN.

Yesterday I went thru this with P and at first got a boiler-plate response about maybe my IP isn't on their whitlist, blah blah blah, all problems or concerns which were addressed a couple of years ago.

So I had the "can't grab the HIT" problem last night, AGAIN queried P about the problem, and this morning, I get THIS from Prolific:

"Hi there,

We're doing our best to make sure as many people can take part as possible while maintaining data quality, security, and the integrity of our platform.

You may be experiencing problems accessing or receiving studies because you are on holiday or in a different country listed than the one listed on your account.

You are not banned from Prolific, however, if you continue to consistently experience these errors, I'm afraid it means you may not be take studies from this particular Internet connection.

Please note that we have security measures in place so you will not be able to withdraw your money from a different country.

Best,
Prolific Support Team"

I don't like the third paragraph,and ***especially*** don't like the implication of the last one. [ANGER]

I'm going to cite how many surveys I've successfully done for them so far this month, but how do I handle that last FU**ing para? Cause I'm a bit pissed.
The majority of that is a "canned" response and there are many other things I can factually say about them but will not. The data issues and more..... It is best to focus your efforts on Mturk, go for more qualifications from places like https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/ (check on that often especially for expiring ones) and do lower paying hits from solid requesters which builds into other things in time. In all honesty and with that response, protect yourself and data and stop doing work through them. Otherwise do the work you can, and do not message them again or what you think will happen will, even though it is all on their end, just forget about them and drive on!

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

Markb

Reaction score
Title: Collect School Break Data 18/19 | Accept
Requester: Stax [A12MND8BV82H2B] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 15:00
Available: 98
Description: Search for school district name on the internet and school break information
Qualifications: Masters Exists

Did anyone do these yesterday?

HIT approval rate
0%

Reactions: savvy

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Collect School Break Data 18/19 | Accept
Requester: Stax [A12MND8BV82H2B] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Duration: 15:00
Available: 98
Description: Search for school district name on the internet and school break information
Qualifications: Masters Exists
Did anyone do these yesterday?

HIT approval rate
0%
I did a couple yesterday just to see how they were. They are still pending.

Reactions: savvy and Markb

HelloHello

Reaction score
Very light writing (summing up a paragraph in one sentence 3X)
Title: Evaluating Ideas(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Hyunsun Park [A6389JD0UA6QU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.94] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.57] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 42
Description: short survey (10~15 min) for $1
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [5733146-180209] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Reactions: Veltora Otew

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Scenario Study(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.35] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Good] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.65] [Fast=4.52] [Comm=3.93] [Fair=4.57] [Reviews=497] [ToS=2]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 0
Description: In this survey, you will read and answer questions about scenarios.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.