11/03 - Shine on you Crazy Diamond Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I just noticed one requester suggesting you start the survey before accepting the HIT, so if it tells you you're going to be able to complete the survey you can accept it, and if it tells you "no thanks" you don't have to waste the accept.

Which I think still only makes sense for newbies, which I am, so you learn something new every day.

Edit: Aaaaaand it was gone right after I hit "preview." There's a downside to this, it could be gone after you check the survey but before you accept!

Last edited:
Reactions: C to the J

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I just noticed one requester suggesting you start the survey before accepting the HIT, so if it tells you you're going to be able to complete the survey you can accept it, and if it tells you "no thanks" you don't have to waste the accept.

Which I think still only makes sense for newbies, which I am, so you learn something new every day.
Don't do that, it's bad advice. If it's a good hit it'll be gone by the time you get to accept it.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
At first glance I thought JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh was being called a name and was all damn but then I put on my glasses. I don't think I've ever seen someone use "snigger" in a sentence before I guess.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
These are so nice for a lazy Saturday... I wish it was more $$ for 4 mins though. But still. I could also be sitting here catching nothing.

Reactions: Merovign and MarkC

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
At first glance I thought JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh was being called a name and was all damn but then I put on my glasses. I don't think I've ever seen someone use "snigger" in a sentence before I guess.
UK versus US.
Snicker is the usual variant seen in text form in the US.
I'm used to both, at this point :p.

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
Title: Visual memory experiment (Bonus up to $1.50!) [cs21] | Accept
Requester: William Dallinger [AUYKYIHQXG6XR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.27] [Pay=4.28] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.29] [Fast=4.48] [Comm=4.11] [Fair=4.92] [Reviews=101] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=5.07] [Pen=1.52 days] [Res=67%] [Rec=32%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=10]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Remember the exact position of a small dot inside a large image (bonus of up to $1.50).
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

There are some Dallingers available, depending on your level of masochism.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Edit: Aaaaaand it was gone right after I hit "preview." There's a downside to this, it could be gone after you check the survey but before you accept!
One thing you'll have to understand is that the requesters know absolutely shit about how the Mturk marketplace works.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You made this?! It's so cute!!!! :hearteyes:
I did, thank you!! I used an Elmo shaped pan so that part was easy - I don't normally decorate cakes so I was practicing to see if it's feasible to make it for my daughter's birthday (looks like yes!). Will need to supplement with some cupcakes since it's not very big though.

Now I need cake. I like Fluttershy.
I could do... a yellow and pink Elmo :thinking:

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
I did, thank you!! I used an Elmo shaped pan so that part was easy - I don't normally decorate cakes so I was practicing to see if it's feasible to make it for my daughter's birthday (looks like yes!). Will need to supplement with some cupcakes since it's not very big though.

I could do... a yellow and pink Elmo :thinking:

:celebrate2:

Reactions: Sondi and Merovign

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
UK versus US.
Snicker is the usual variant seen in text form in the US.
I'm used to both, at this point :p.
Don't quote me as a typical Brit. Too many Enid Blyton stories as a child and Agatha Cristie as an adult have had a 'jolly hockey sticks' effect on my vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.