Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to see the "community" has matured from just a few short years ago..... I can recall mentioning it on MTF that I unfortunately became homeless and was working online when not at work etc etc and I for real got comments of " How can he have a computer if he is homeless" and other things :shrug:

Sorry to read you are about to go through this Bliss @Bliss you'll get through it and be stronger from it. Always open for a chat if you have any questions and whatnots. I did it for a little over 2 years at one point so probably can share some tips/hacks etc etc

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
oh err... I have a very, ...EXTREMELY strong dislike for chris farley.
you can search the forum for that name, and you'll see where/when I apparently bothered several people

Then ignore him and look at the absolutely stunning visage of the late Patrick Swayze.

I didn't know, but I am sure you have your reasons.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Then ignore him and look at the absolutely stunning visage of the late Patrick Swayze.

I didn't know, but I am sure you have your reasons.
let's just say he's a complete jerk in real life.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just starting to do some now, so I don't know yet. It seems more likely though. Especially if you got a messge that said something like, all of our hits are being done by other workers,
No, I just started getting an error loading hit page.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Be careful, my sweet. I have a lot of balconies in my vicinity. Come over.
Speaking of balconies, any churches below? We used to throw balloons as the weddings were exiting, one time we got a funeral procession though. This was Venezuela and there were many tears and a hairy dude that came running up the stairs for us,lol. I think balconies are my Achilles.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No, I just started getting an error loading hit page.
Hmmm...I get that sometimes with certain requesters when I've opened more than one hit by accident. And also when I've returned one and have to wait before I can open another one (like the duration of the hit). But if it wasn't one of those, then maybe someone who's been here longer knows.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm...I get that sometimes with certain requesters when I've opened more than one hit by accident. And also when I've returned one and have to wait before I can open another one (like the duration of the hit). But if it wasn't one of those, then maybe someone who's been here longer knows.
I cleared my cache and I'm gonna wait about another 30 and try again.

Reactions: Michele

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
let's just say he's a complete jerk in real life.

Well, a lot of celebrities are like that.

My parents took me with them to see Vince Gill in concert when I was young. I saw tons of women that bought a single rose for $20 a pop just to give them to him.

He literally said to them, "I am here to just sing and play guitar. I am not going to come up there and shake your hand or take those from you so just lay them on the stage and I'll continue the show."

Even my young self said... "What a dick this guy is."

Kenny Rogers, same thing. My wife was in a choir that backed his concert. Afterwards he said, you get one group photo with me. When some people asked for single shots, he said "I'm busy and you're lucky you are getting that."

I always thought that he was hilarious in his films and such. He always had a way to make me laugh. Never met him in real life.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of celebrities, the thing my daughter is doing this weekend is with dancers from SYTYCD, she has a littlecrush on Fik-Shun and realy likes Allison. I hope they are nice to her little heart.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Often! The library is good since it is free. Just bring some snacks/water bottle in your bag to step out for breaks if you are going to be there all day. Coffee shops are great and most are cool about staying there for hours as long as you buy something. I prefer a local one near me since it is never too crowded unlike the Starbucks up the street. I've never had a problem and worked there every day from almost open to close for a month when I was between internet providers. The only downside to working remotely is that you are stuck working on their hours. Many restaurants have wifi as well so maybe one is open late near you that you can use as well again as long as you buy something. You can charge your devices while you work remotely and many find it less distracting especially with some headphones.
I do most turking from Starbucks, for various reasons. This may be one reason why my page load times can be very bad. That is not good. (But my antique laptop may be a factor.) On the other hand there are some pluses. The Starbucks I go to is usually not super crowded, and I like the workers and they know me. (Not every Starbucks is the same...) If you do go to Starbucks, you should most definitely get a Starbucks card, since you can usually get free refills on coffee. I think this is technically at the discretion of the workers, but if they like you, then this is no problem. Another good thing is that you get free bonus items every so often, and you can use these to buy a sandwich. I usually only buy a normal coffee, and then get refills, and every so often I get free sandwiches. Although sometimes I do buy a pastry.... You're basically paying for a place to sit and use the wifi.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I do most turking from Starbucks, for various reasons. This may be one reason why my page load times can be very bad. That is not good. (But my antique laptop may be a factor.) On the other hand there are some pluses. The Starbucks I go to is usually not super crowded, and I like the workers and they know me. (Not every Starbucks is the same...) If you do go to Starbucks, you should most definitely get a Starbucks card, since you can usually get free refills on coffee. I think this is technically at the discretion of the workers, but if they like you, then this is no problem. Another good thing is that you get free bonus items every so often, and you can use these to buy a sandwich. I usually only buy a normal coffee, and then get refills, and every so often I get free sandwiches. Although sometimes I do buy a pastry.... You're basically paying for a place to sit and use the wifi.
If you are gold level you can have all the coffee and tea refills you want!

Reactions: Achilles2357

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of balconies, any churches below? We used to throw balloons as the weddings were exiting, one time we got a funeral procession though. This was Venezuela and there were many tears and a hairy dude that came running up the stairs for us,lol. I think balconies are my Achilles.
I live in Salt Lake City. You can't throw a stone without hitting a church.

Was the hairy dude hot?

Reactions: stuffalleysays

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My local spot has a good rewards program as well and the staff is awesome. I do tip and buy food occasionally as well. I've gotten free pastries just for being there at close too. Go to the best spot for you. :)

Reactions: Bliss

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Often! The library is good since it is free. Just bring some snacks/water bottle in your bag to step out for breaks if you are going to be there all day. Coffee shops are great and most are cool about staying there for hours as long as you buy something. I prefer a local one near me since it is never too crowded unlike the Starbucks up the street. I've never had a problem and worked there every day from almost open to close for a month when I was between internet providers. The only downside to working remotely is that you are stuck working on their hours. Many restaurants have wifi as well so maybe one is open late near you that you can use as well again as long as you buy something. You can charge your devices while you work remotely and many find it less distracting especially with some headphones.
I'd also recommend Planet Fitness, potentially. 10 dollar a month gym membership gets you access to their wifi, there are tables at the front where you could work from, and you'd have access to showers, bathroom, and lockers. I say potentially because I've never tried sitting there for hours and you might get some odd looks but I doubt they'd really care.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'd also recommend Planet Fitness, potentially. 10 dollar a month gym membership gets you access to their wifi, there are tables at the front where you could work from, and you'd have access to showers, bathroom, and lockers. I say potentially because I've never tried sitting there for hours and you might get some odd looks but I doubt they'd really care.
Good tips if there is one near you Bliss @Bliss.

Reactions: Bliss and Starslip
D

Deleted member 526

is anyone else doing the smaranda's. completely confused. hope I'm doing these right.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So what you're saying is I should make taco salad? Or should I order pizza?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.