Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Go Astros

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Anyones panda crazy auto panda button not showing up?
I'm not actually using it right now, but I have the script installed, and I have noticed several recent updates. I think he is updating things for the new worker site.
Thanks everybody. You guys are giving me some great ideas.

I know the near by college has free Wi-Fi. I haven't been around there since 2012 when I was taking some classes.
If you are near a college campus, then there are possibly many perks available.
Depending on the size of the campus, it might well be possible to eat up to two meals a day for free, at lecture and event receptions. I've had multiple roles on college campuses, and one thing that seems solid is that almost no one challenges you if you act like you belong there. This isn't even faking it. Most events are technically open to the public.
Many academic libraries have some sort of open public access. It is possible that a low-level employee might just GIVE you access if you ask. I mean they might just give you a library card and login. One little known thing about academia is that there is very often almost NO supervision, unless someone is trying to get rid of you, so employees on different levels can do whatever they want.
There might also be some way to get a parking pass. You might have to pay for it, but that could be a solid way to store a car.
There might also be ways to get an academic department to sign you up as some sort of affiliate. If you have any sort of substantive connection to any department, this might give you an entry point. This at least gives you a sort of "official" answer for why you are always on campus.
Getting a part-time job at a university often gets you an ID card that gives you full access to all campus perks. I have had at least one low status job at a major university that mostly involved doing nothing. Had I known about turking I would probably would have made as much turking while "on the job" as I got from my wage. But the perks were great, and I often had literally hundreds of books checked out from the library.

Reactions: Daniel and Bliss

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not actually using it right now, but I have the script installed, and I have noticed several recent updates. I think he is updating things for the new worker site.

If you are near a college campus, then there are possibly many perks available.
Depending on the size of the campus, it might well be possible to eat up to two meals a day for free, at lecture and event receptions. I've had multiple roles on college campuses, and one thing that seems solid is that almost no one challenges you if you act like you belong there. This isn't even faking it. Most events are technically open to the public.
Many academic libraries have some sort of open public access. It is possible that a low-level employee might just GIVE you access if you ask. I mean they might just give you a library card and login. One little known thing about academia is that there is very often almost NO supervision, unless someone is trying to get rid of you, so employees on different levels can do whatever they want.
There might also be some way to get a parking pass. You might have to pay for it, but that could be a solid way to store a car.
There might also be ways to get an academic department to sign you up as some sort of affiliate. If you have any sort of substantive connection to any department, this might give you an entry point. This at least gives you a sort of "official" answer for why you are always on campus.
Getting a part-time job at a university often gets you an ID card that gives you full access to all campus perks. I have had at least one low status job at a major university that mostly involved doing nothing. Had I known about turking I would probably would have made as much turking while "on the job" as I got from my wage. But the perks were great, and I often had literally hundreds of books checked out from the library.
Do we know where bliss is at? I'll use my social worker database to compile a list to pm her

Leon Powalski

Contributor
Reaction score
I hit a cap on the John Doe HITs after submitting a total 289 of them today.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Rejection from the $7 Coaching Study because I read "too" fast. Love it when I'm rejected for doing a good job.
jerks...it looks like that's kind of what they do from what I read in their to

Reactions: Kliq

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
This has to be the slowest work night ever. No phone calls, no one crying to me saying I broke the internet.. nothing. My co-worker is playing cookie clicker. Are you guys doing anything interesting?

Reactions: Evergreen Queen
D

Deleted member 526

sometimes I wish I had an irl nightshift job where I never have to talk to anyone or do anything hard

edit: I just realized that means turking nvm :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This has to be the slowest work night ever. No phone calls, no one crying to me saying I broke the internet.. nothing. My co-worker is playing cookie clicker. Are you guys doing anything interesting?
nothing really, just watching some show on Acorn called Reggie with Martin Clunes from Doc Martin...fooling around with cyrptocurrency faucets and about to make some sleepy time tea

Reactions: Metallica
D

Deleted member 526

Title: Short survey | PANDA
Requester: andrew meyer [A27MITQOTS1AQW] (TO)
TO Ratings:

????? 5.00 Communicativity
????? 4.78 Generosity
????? 5.00 Fairness
????? 4.74 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 49
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Answer a variety of questions
Time: 3 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US
3:31 plus supposedly has a bonus

Reactions: Bliss

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
sometimes I wish I had an irl nightshift job where I never have to talk to anyone or do anything hard

edit: I just realized that means turking nvm :LOL:
That's pretty much my situation, but imagine having superiors who are terrible with any technology, and you're the only person who can fix it for them at 2 AM. It goes from easy to hell pretty quickly.

D

Deleted member 526

Title: 4 Question Survey about what frustrates you (18+ US Only) | PANDA
Requester: Alexander Furmansky [A1K6X24Z0XV62E] (TO)
TO Ratings:

????? 0.00 Communicativity
????? 3.67 Generosity
????? 5.00 Fairness
????? 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5

Description: Tell me what frustrates you in your daily life. Super simple market research survey
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 92; Location is US
3:31

D

Deleted member 526

Title: Answer a Survey About Self-Forgiveness | PANDA
Requester: Halle E. Ross [ACORVI4S1RTZE] (TO)
TO Ratings:

????? 0.00 Communicativity
????? 5.00 Generosity
????? 0.00 Fairness
????? 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3

Description: This project involves answering some surveys about self-forgiveness, gratitude, and well-being, engaging in a brief writing task, and completing the surveys again after 2 weeks
Time: 3 hours
Hits Available: 23
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US
18:44

Status
Not open for further replies.