10/31 - Wah Wah WoooooOOOOooooOOOooo Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rather the teens trick or treat than not. I certainly did in HS..
...really? Huh. Although, I mean...teens don't want to admit to it, but most of the ones I've ever met were much more childlike than they weren't. That doesn't seem as weird as people in their 20s doing it.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
...really? Huh. Although, I mean...teens don't want to admit to it, but most of the ones I've ever met were much more childlike than they weren't. That doesn't seem as weird as people in their 20s doing it.
Well I mean by teen I mean over 16, like high-school. I think my town might have a rule against it? Or that's what my parents told me as a kid to discourage me. BUT, I meant I'd rather them trick or treat than get into trouble.

I'm just a poop. If I see the girl around I'll apologize to her.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I have friends who have older kids who are disabled and don't mature in the "normal" (cough) fashion. Let them trick or treat, I don't care how big they are. All are welcome at my home.
Awww. I was thinking of college kids going to frat parties and whatnot, not that sort of thing. In the case of developmental disabilities it seems pretty harsh to apply the same rules.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
When I was still teaching I would word things like this for the older students in the class to do things with their kids, and so as not to be like "hey you young folks planning on getting krunk for Halloween/whatever holiday, would you like an opportunity to not have responsibilities on holiday?"
This. Nice way for a teacher to ask if people want to take the test prior to imbibing. Either that, or a subtle warning that "We are having a test this day, don't start trick or treating (cough) too early in the day!!"

Reactions: Despairagus

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
When I was still teaching I would word things like this for the older students in the class to do things with their kids, and so as not to be like "hey you young folks planning on getting krunk for Halloween/whatever holiday, would you like an opportunity to not have responsibilities on holiday?"
LOL I should have thought of this, maybe that's all my prof meant.

Reactions: Despairagus

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I used to think that it was only for little kids (so don't feel bad) but I changed my mind a while ago.

Now, if you show up at my door in costume I'll give you candy. I don't care if you look 65, as long as you don't look like a creepy child molester, I'll give you candy. I give adults with kids candy if they are dressed up!

I have friends who have older kids who are disabled and don't mature in the "normal" (cough) fashion. Let them trick or treat, I don't care how big they are. All are welcome at my home.

I didn't get it together fast enough this year, but next year I'm doing the Teal Pumpkin thing so those with allergies know I have "safe" items and/or candy.
I'd do the same if people came out this far. If you show up in a costume, you're getting candy. Now if a teenager+ shows up without a costume, I might be less likely to give out candy. Gotta put forth a little effort :o And I do mean little, I went as a flower bush one time because we couldn't afford a costume. I literally just wore a flower dress, brown tights, and put sticks in my hair. I'm pretty sure I already said this recently, oh well. I think kids should just be allowed to have fun till they have to start working cause, you know, they're kids.

Anyway I forgot what my point was, there's a kid yelling in my ear about her candy being stolen and it's just not fay-air.

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about social groups(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Aharon [A16W34LA6RDU56] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 2700
Available: 1
Description: survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Exc: [113754-113165] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
:anchor:[/td][/tr]

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Discrimination of shapes in rapid sequences (~33 minutes, ~432 trials, fullscreen, continuous sections) | Accept
Requester: Ron Dekel [A1S6HC1ARVBRF6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$5.02] [Pay=2.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.44] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.65] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.90
Duration: 7920
Description: You will be shown rapid sequences of shapes and asked to identify what was shown.
Qualifications: Participated_Test23 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 2000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I have $3.50 of hits left in my queue. Then I'm done for the day. I just don't wanna anymore today, unless something really good posts.

I'm totally on track for daily and weekly goal, so I can give myself the rest of the day off.

Miklast

Builds robots sometimes
Reaction score
Figured out how tapermonkey works and now i got a short script for the maxwell hits. Saves only a couple seconds but its definitely cut down the time.

Been meaning to jump back into coding, might as well start now haha

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Harsh Tomar for work related to 30ZKOOGW2XUTBUZ6CNKHDR0QIJXA1E.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Extremely good accuracy!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

**Categorization batch from yesterday

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Take our quick survey! | Accept
Requester: Opinion Labs [A1JLR0AW7ML3Q3] Contact
TO: [Pay=2.84] [Fast=4.40] [Comm=1.80] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=23] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.45
Duration: 3600
Description: Looking for your opinion on an email
Qualifications: Account1Takers DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score
UGH! I'm sorry. I feel bad for how I reacted to this teen (I was in the middle of trying to blow through something and am having issues with neighbors, thought it was them and not a trick or treater. NO ONE trick or treats here anymore!)

I'd rather the teens trick or treat than not. I certainly did in HS. I'm just rattled, I guess. I kind of do feel like maybe it's time to not trick or treat when you're like... an adult.

Man I kinda feel bad now.
if you're old enough for the people answering the door to be legitimately scared of you then you should probably stop trick or treating

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you kind people! Now I won't spend the rest of the day wondering about this. You've eased my mind considerably.

...I guess this means I have to go take that test now.

Happy Halloween, all.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: Captain Catbeard

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwsssssss!

I miss it when kiddo was little and still so super cute in Halloween Costumes.

He's going to look awesome tonight handing out candy. But at 14 and in the throes of puberty, I just can't go with super cute and cuddly (ssssshhhhh don't tell him I said that, he'd be crushed still...)

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about parentiing and your (3-17 y/o) child's behavior | Accept
Requester: Audra P. Olazabal [AM1C5UHMPF9ME] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 86400
Description: Study on the relationships between parenting and children's creativity, and to validate a new assessment of creativity.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 70; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
adsgf[/td][/tr]

Reactions: MarkC
Status
Not open for further replies.