10/31 - Wah Wah WoooooOOOOooooOOOooo Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Complete a 5 minute survey for $0.60(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.53] [Pay=4.20] [Fast=4.10] [Comm=4.50] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.66] [Fast=4.55] [Comm=3.93] [Fair=4.54] [Reviews=477] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=0.44] [Pen=1.71 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=75%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=9]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 2700
Available: 1
Description: Answer survey questions to earn money
Qualifications: Exc: [865565715-113203] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Instead of candy, you should tell them something spoopy like "taxes and death"
:ROFL::hilarious::ROFL::hilarious:
This is my favourite sentence, today.

The word spoopy makes me giggle because it's stoopid and has poop in it. And, in my head, I read it 'deadpan'. So, when I got to the end, I was surprised by the uncommon wit. A+:)

Reactions: Metallica

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Also this teenager was dressed like Pennywise (the new one)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Trick or Treater shows up, first time in like literally years, and they look like they're at least 16. FFS.

EDIT: also they rang the bell twice, knocked, waited a second, then KNOCKED MORE. Dang these kids!
Someone has been telling Monster that this is her last Halloween that she's allowed to trick or treat/dress up because she's "too old." She's devastated especially since she can't go this year cause our Mom is in the hospital (just a tiny surgery) and no one could take her.

I hate whoever told her that.

edit: For some reason your post reminded me of that.

Last edited:

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Someone has been telling Monster that this is her last Halloween that she's allowed to trick or treat/dress up because she's "too old." She's devastated especially since she can't go this year cause our Mom is in the hospital (just a tiny surgery) and no one could take her.

I hate whoever told her that.
UGH! I'm sorry. I feel bad for how I reacted to this teen (I was in the middle of trying to blow through something and am having issues with neighbors, thought it was them and not a trick or treater. NO ONE trick or treats here anymore!)

I'd rather the teens trick or treat than not. I certainly did in HS. I'm just rattled, I guess. I kind of do feel like maybe it's time to not trick or treat when you're like... an adult.

Man I kinda feel bad now.

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Experiences with Dentists | Accept
Requester: Zanetta Baker [ALGKHFJGETNS7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=13.64] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 1200
Description: Read reviews of dentists and answer questions about how you think the patient perceives the dentist based on their review
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
:anchor:[/td][/tr]

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about oral hygiene | Accept
Requester: Catie Isham [A1N43Z4J2ENHI0] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 3600
Description: This survey is about oral care. It will take around 10 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 89; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Motivation in Different Contexts(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Self-Regulation & Motivation Lab [AYR9TXBLTYJNY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.98] [Pay=4.27] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.27] [Fast=4.75] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=28] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.53] [Pen=1.76 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=1] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 10800
Description: Read about different ways to approach tasks and rate how different activities would motivate you
Qualifications: Exc: [-130468582-112999] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
UGH! I'm sorry. I feel bad for how I reacted to this teen (I was in the middle of trying to blow through something and am having issues with neighbors, thought it was them and not a trick or treater. NO ONE trick or treats here anymore!)

I'd rather the teens trick or treat than not. I certainly did in HS. I'm just rattled, I guess. I kind of do feel like maybe it's time to not trick or treat when you're like... an adult.

So, you're saying I can't go now? Man. :(
Tbh though, I guess I'd rather a 16yo go trick or treating than throwing eggs at my house, or boozing it up.:p Who knows. It's uncommon, for sure but, whatever floats their boat.

Last edited:

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Which brings me to a question I've wanted terribly to ask some people; how about you guys?

So my math prof has been emailing us all week about how we can take this week's math test "before or after we go trick-or-treating." It seemed like oddly specific wording, but I didn't think much of it (only to find out yesterday that unlike every other test she's assigned, this one CAN ONLY be taken today. But that's another post that I don't have time to make right now, and no one wants to hear anyway)

My question is: while obviously I in my late thirties with no children am not going to be trick or treating, in what possible decade are traditionally college-aged people going to be doing it? Has that ever been a thing?
(I mean, maybe it's a thing in the tiny cow town my college is actually in, which makes me extra glad that I didn't move there because if it's that weird about Halloween, who knows what else it's weird about in strange and offputting ways.)

It just seems really, really obvious to me that trick or treating is a thing you either do as a child or with children, and not otherwise. If other people have different points of view I'd be interested to hear about them.

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Sorry, didn't mean to do that. You know how I start rambling on anything even partially related to me.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, you're saying I can't go now? Man. :(
Tbh though. I guess I'd rather a 16yo go trick or treating than throwing eggs at my house, or boozing it up.:p Who knows. It's uncommon, for sure but, whatever floats their boat.
Oh for sure! I do feel like a turd, I have seen this girl around the neighborhood and she seems like a swell kid.

I think I just knee jerk reacted to her b/c I'm a turd and have anxiety and had to run down a flight of stairs to her banging so hard on the door.
Sorry, didn't mean to do that. You know how I start rambling on anything even partially related to me.
No, thank you for doing so. I reacted that way because I was scared and that's dumb of me to put on this girl. She just wants some candy. I want candy, so I can understand that. She's going to have a bad time in this hood, though. I'm going to chase her down and give her a la croix (kidding.)

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

I used to think that it was only for little kids (so don't feel bad) but I changed my mind a while ago.

Now, if you show up at my door in costume I'll give you candy. I don't care if you look 65, as long as you don't look like a creepy child molester, I'll give you candy. I give adults with kids candy if they are dressed up!

I have friends who have older kids who are disabled and don't mature in the "normal" (cough) fashion. Let them trick or treat, I don't care how big they are. All are welcome at my home.

I didn't get it together fast enough this year, but next year I'm doing the Teal Pumpkin thing so those with allergies know I have "safe" items and/or candy.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Which brings me to a question I've wanted terribly to ask some people; how about you guys?

So my math prof has been emailing us all week about how we can take this week's math test "before or after we go trick-or-treating." It seemed like oddly specific wording, but I didn't think much of it (only to find out yesterday that unlike every other test she's assigned, this one CAN ONLY be taken today. But that's another post that I don't have time to make right now, and no one wants to hear anyway)

My question is: while obviously I in my late thirties with no children am not going to be trick or treating, in what possible decade are traditionally college-aged people going to be doing it? Has that ever been a thing?
(I mean, maybe it's a thing in the tiny cow town my college is actually in, which makes me extra glad that I didn't move there because if it's that weird about Halloween, who knows what else it's weird about in strange and offputting ways.)

It just seems really, really obvious to me that trick or treating is a thing you either do as a child or with children, and not otherwise. If other people have different points of view I'd be interested to hear about them.
When I was still teaching I would word things like this for the older students in the class to do things with their kids, and so as not to be like "hey you young folks planning on getting krunk for Halloween/whatever holiday, would you like an opportunity to not have responsibilities on holiday?"

Status
Not open for further replies.