10/31 - Trick or Treat Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well it looks like i can still make my old minimum goal most days at least, more than i expected that i'd be doing right now.

PE $52.52

Last edited:

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a thought I'd like to throw out there, while people are talking about the size/age of trick or treaters - maybe don't worry too much about it, because you don't know if they have special needs.

For perspective, my son is 16 years old, 6'4 and 230 lbs. He also has special needs, and he still loves trick or treating :wink:

Besides, this world could always use more kindness. Doesn't hurt to just let people be. I'm not gonna get mad if a 30 year old shows up asking for candy, either. :ghost:

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Just a thought I'd like to throw out there, while people are talking about the size/age of trick or treaters - maybe don't worry too much about it, because you don't know if they have special needs.

For perspective, my son is 16 years old, 6'4 and 230 lbs. He also has special needs, and he still loves trick or treating :wink:

Besides, this world could always use more kindness. Doesn't hurt to just let people be. I'm not gonna get mad if a 30 year old shows up asking for candy, either. :ghost:
Right, and if they're trick or treating, they're not doing other things they shouldn't be doing. I say let kids stay kids as long as possible!

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
The teen male was costumed and got his candy treat so I didn't deny him there.

I suppose trick or treating is safer than parties for teens anyway. There have been a rash of teen murders here in the last few weeks at parties and one in a park in a sketchy part of town playing pokemon-go at 12:30am in the morning.

Beak

Reaction score
I dumped about 2 pounds of mini candy bars (mainly Snickers) on some kid at 7:30. It was clear we weren't going to have many and I had a pile of them left. I don't think kids here trick or treat anymore really.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
I dumped about 2 pounds of mini candy bars (mainly Snickers) on some kid at 7:30. It was clear we weren't going to have many and I had a pile of them left. I don't think kids here trick or treat anymore really.
Watch now 50 kids show up and you have to start splitting fun-sizes in half.

• Haha
Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

Beak

Reaction score
Watch now 50 kids show up and you have to start splitting fun-sizes in half.
Nah, that was the last one. I had some other junk around I could have used if I had more. I buy some chocolate and a bag of Willy Wonka stuff and give them their choice. Usually they take chocolate. He got a whole bowl full. If they aren't here by 7:30 or 8:00 we don't see them.

Leatherass

Reaction score

I agree, but for me some sort of a costume is required on Halloween to get free candy, that's just the way it is.
Otherwise come knock on my door anytime and I'm happy to share what little I have with any person that is respectful, I'm always happy to share a meal.
A teenager, middle aged person or senior citizen that comes around and is disrespectful and/or is trying to make a jerk out of me will not.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Nachos or wine? WIne is cheap and nachos are homemade but basic with cheese, sour cream, salsa and sliced jalapenos.

Status
Not open for further replies.