10/30 - Timbre Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaPisa

Reaction score
i need help with something... the hats for my kids costumes are felt and won't hold shape. they are supposed to be condiment funnel tops... how can i fix this?
Do you have any extra felt or any unnoticeable place you can test the glue before applying it liberally? I ask because I used felt to make two of my kids costumes a few years back - they were Gnomeo and Juliet, so similar big felt hats, except with a curve, because gnomes. Where I applied spots of glue to adhere trim pieces to the felt on their outfits, it was definitely visible. Someone mentioned crafting/floral? wire, and that might add some structure inside the hat without a lot of weight. You might even try floral foam stuffed up in there? I hope you get it figured out in time!

Reactions: Sarcasmologist

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oookie I'm going to go ride horses in pretend-you're-a-cowboy #1 until Fo76 finishes this tease of a loadup. Will report back how happy/sad I am about it tomorrow, if I ever get in.

Enjoy your evenings, guys!

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about a paid membership | Accept
Requester: Rochelle Edwards [A2M0JL2CL04DUE] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.71] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.62] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 3600
Available: 8
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Trucker

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So, it's emails like this that make me want to take a whole month and focus on Quora...

"Quora Partner Program: Ask Questions and Increase Your Earnings
250 partners earned over $100.00 and as much as $51,956.96 last month. Ask more questions and increase your earnings."

~$52k?! That's a good month for someone.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Do you have any extra felt or any unnoticeable place you can test the glue before applying it liberally? I ask because I used felt to make two of my kids costumes a few years back - they were Gnomeo and Juliet, so similar big felt hats, except with a curve, because gnomes. Where I applied spots of glue to adhere trim pieces to the felt on their outfits, it was definitely visible. Someone mentioned crafting/floral? wire, and that might add some structure inside the hat without a lot of weight. You might even try floral foam stuffed up in there? I hope you get it figured out in time!
I agree that there can be some discoloration. That's why I'm a firm believer in the full soak method.:D I feel, if you cover the whole thing, it will all be discolored equally. But, good suggestion.:)

Reactions: LisaPisa

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Survey about a paid membership | Accept
Requester: Rochelle Edwards [A2M0JL2CL04DUE] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.71] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.62] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.60
Available: 8
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]
Endor HIT.
2:16 min | $15.88/hr

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
POSTERBOARD!!! maybe posterboard to make the cone and some of that felty wire stuff for the rim... and glue to set?

i seriously love halloween... had the costumes for weeks and just realized they were all bent out of shape... literally lol
I used something like this a few years ago on a costume that wasn't stiff enough. Worked like a CHARM. You just have to have something cone shaped for the hats to dry on.

https://www.joann.com/stiffen-quik/3642246.html

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
edit: that was just the fastest link I could find to the stiffener spray type stuff I used. I'm sure other places carry it, like a Hobby Lobby or Michael's. And it washes out, so that is awesome.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Or a good couple years lmao
I kind of understand the formula for perfect questions but, the easy ones are all taken by the other person who figured it out before me.:( Now that I am on equal ground, with regard to how to make money, not questions, on Quora, I feel like my only option is to skip a generation, in the types of questions I'm going to ask. Otherwise, I'll be one step behind and redundant questions get merged to the original.:( So, I'll have to leap to somewhere unexpected. The way to make money, once you know what pays, is to start with a question template, then modify that for region, religion, ethnicity, gender, topic. But, once you do that, the next question sort of writes itself. It's like Boggle where you have "its" and then you get "itself" and maybe even "self", if you haven't already milked that question template dry. Then you have to modify the template slightly. If you're all over the place, you may make money some months but others, not so much. If you find templates that work, you can tweak them until they are great, run them dry and, as the responses drop off, move on to a new topic. Then a new template, and your earnings will plot on a curve, rather than spikes and lulls.

Anyway, I'm going to have to take his template to it's final evolution. And, it'll be a weird one. And while it's making money and they see that I'm on to them, they'll start to go all fast and furious, trying to change all the topics to exhaust the template. While they're doing that, they won't notice me changing the template significantly. By the time they realize that and switch to my template to do what I just did to them, I'm going to move on.

Sorry. I talk a lot when plotting to take over the world.:p

Last edited:

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Trustworthiness in Advertising Survey | Accept
Requester: Angela Listy [A1M2H0HAEXONBY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.54] [Pay=2.80] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.99] [Fast=4.35] [Comm=3.30] [Fair=4.07] [Reviews=310] [ToS=4]
TO2: [Hrly=0.03] [Pen=2.63 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=53%] [Rej=1] [ToS=1] [Brk=8]
Reward: 0.49
Available: 1
Description: Answer a survey about the content we consume.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Listy: when 50 cents is just too damn lavish[/td][/tr]

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
That's funny I literally just asked Quora to stop sending me digests because all the the questions were *tragically* dumb. And mostly not even questions, more making an argument as a question.

edit: Mind you they never mentioned to me there was *money* in them thar hills!

Reactions: Jerami

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Michelle Cho for work related to 3QXFBUZ4ZL1HN78X6H1AZJT5YH3GU2.
The value of your bonus is: $6.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for completing our transcription survey.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never even heard of Quora. Is that sad?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That's funny I literally just asked Quora to stop sending me digests because all the the questions were *tragically* dumb. And mostly not even questions, more making an argument as a question.
That's what the second highest earner does. They post insidious questions that incite trolling and divisive responses. But, they do it by adopting the persona of someone who is tragically, socially clueless. They say things that nobody would ever ask, EVER, with a "straight face".

"My daughter got a "B" on her report card. I grounded her for a month and took away her phone. What else can I do to make her understand that B's aren't acceptable?"

"My son says he's running away. I asked him how he would get by , since everything in the house is owned by me. How can I make him understand that I own everything under my roof, because I bought it and it's in my possession, even if I bought it for him?"

That's the second highest earner. Also the third, fourth and fifth. lol. They spam with those questions that you almost can't not respond to.

"So, I was trying to eat my lunch and a homeless person asked me for spare change. I was disgusted. Why are there still homeless people in America?(Question would have been sort of ok here, then) Is it ever not their own fault for just not working hard enough, or doing too many drugs?"

But, the person who makes the most, has asked some really great questions that pay VERY well. You get paid by how many links are clicked, from your question. Reads help a little and, so do responses but, they just draw people in. Then it's the links that pay. But, you want them to link to products, externally, rather than clicking to another question. So, the people who make those troll questions get a bunch of internal links, which pay pennies, compared to external links to products. But, you can't get paid for links to products if your question doesn't relate to any products, at all. That's the difference between a $100 question and $1000 question. You can't get one of those troll q's to more than $100. A solid question about an iphone or Tesla could net you a grand.

EDIT Also, I was about to tell them to stop emailing me, until they started to pay me.(invite to partner program)

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: How good does this sound? | Accept
Requester: Joanna Nykiel [A36FDJWI8X5KXH] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Short task - rate sentence on a scale of 1-7
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 75
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Is MTS hit catcher working for you guys? My panda button doesn't appear to be adding things to my catcher.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Iconary! 20 cents, but kinda fun :D

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Title: How good does this sound? | Accept
Requester: Joanna Nykiel [A36FDJWI8X5KXH] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews