10/30 - Timbre Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
Contacted requester about lack of code at end of survey, letting them know that it could create problems.
Got nice email, thanking me.
Good requesters out of the wood-works.

10 minutes + writing for 20 cents...and you know the hits will all be completed too, smh.
That's 5 cents short of getting a piece of Double Bubble :excellent:

*edit*
I hit send before finishing my thought, because I am dumb. Fixed it.

Last edited:

Sarcasmologist

Profanity really makes the sentence!!
Contributor
Reaction score
i need help with something... the hats for my kids costumes are felt and won't hold shape. they are supposed to be condiment funnel tops... how can i fix this?

Reactions: EnterNameHere

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
i need help with something... the hats for my kids costumes are felt and won't hold shape. they are supposed to be condiment funnel tops... how can i fix this?
do you have any old card board boxes? you could use it as some sort of liner to keep it propped up.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Watered down "school glue" in a spray bottle. Make a mold to keep their shape overnight then, spray liberally with the glue solution. Leave in a warm place to dry. Or an ultra heavy dose of hairspray but, school glue is cheaper. You are only thinning it to make it spray-able so, quantities aren't super important. The more glue in the mix, the stiffer it will be.:)

EDIT Felt responds sort of like papier mache. It will absorb the glue so it will be stiff throughout. If you wash it in warm water when you get home, it will come out, if that's necessary.

DBL EDIT It's like a dumbed down version of how felt hats are made.:)

Last edited:

Captain Catbeard

Hornswaggler
Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly some wire around that first seam in the middle and making a cone up to the top? Or a sheet of something thick rolled into a funnel? (Like walmart placemat taped/glued together?)

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Dollar-store poster board cones, laundry starch, white glue (but watered down to starch-consistency.) Use a hair-dryer if you're in a hurry to dry the start or glue. (And those will be less cumbersome than the cones.)

Sarcasmologist

Contributor
Reaction score
do you have any old card board boxes? you could use it as some sort of liner to keep it propped up.
i tried a cardboard rim and made an elastic band to hold it on their head, but it was too uncomfortable and i filled the cone with paper to make it stand up, but after having to cut a hole in the cardboard the paper wouldn't stay in... i got so frustrated last night i went to bed early lol...

i think the glue thing might work... my daughter is wearing hers to school tomorrow so i need to fix it tonight.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i tried a cardboard rim and made an elastic band to hold it on their head, but it was too uncomfortable and i filled the cone with paper to make it stand up, but after having to cut a hole in the cardboard the paper wouldn't stay in... i got so frustrated last night i went to bed early lol...

i think the glue thing might work... my daughter is wearing hers to school tomorrow so i need to fix it tonight.
I used to stick my hair straight up about 8 inches, in a mohawk, in the mid 90's. I used Elmer's glue. It never let me down. No joke:D

Sarcasmologist

Contributor
Reaction score
POSTERBOARD!!! maybe posterboard to make the cone and some of that felty wire stuff for the rim... and glue to set?

i seriously love halloween... had the costumes for weeks and just realized they were all bent out of shape... literally lol

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score

Do the inside of the hat if you're worried the felt-glue combo might discolor or leave a weird sheen.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Do the inside of the hat if you're worried the felt-glue combo might discolor or leave a weird sheen.
They could just spray the inside and there would be minimal 'shine'.

EDIT That's exactly what you said. LOL. Sorry.

unique_id

Reaction score
If you have a spool of craft wire around and just need a quick fix, you could glue/tape some strands of it inside and then just gently bend it into the shape you want.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
POSTERBOARD!!! maybe posterboard to make the cone and some of that felty wire stuff for the rim... and glue to set?

i seriously love halloween... had the costumes for weeks and just realized they were all bent out of shape... literally lol
Are you talking about making new ones with posterboard? Or just making these ones work. Because, if you do the glue thing the posterboard and wires will only be needed while drying.

Sarcasmologist

Contributor
Reaction score
i hate is going to be bad weather tomorrow we might have to find inside fun..

Ethan 3- mustard
dylan 4- ketchup
me (age unknown) - hot dog
amaya 14- mountain dew can
and my neice is a box of popcorn if it ever shows up

i'm gonna head to dollar tree after i vote

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.