10/29 - Mellifluous Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
Lies, so much drama going on over here. Why, just now I was staring at the wall imagining ways to annoy the neighbor demons.
Start calling the police on them, anonymously. I've had trashy neighbors. Called on them for every little thing, every noise after 10PM, every note they left complaining about ON STREET, NON-ASSINGNED PARKING, every time they let their grass go uncut for a month, every time garbage of theirs got in someone elses yard (almost daily), every time their dog barked after 9 (local ordinance), when they didn't inspect their car (illegal to park on the street).

Eventually they said screw it and moved into a trailer park.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Start calling the police on them, anonymously. I've had trashy neighbors. Called on them for every little thing, every noise after 10PM, every note they left complaining about ON STREET, NON-ASSINGNED PARKING, every time they let their grass go uncut for a month, every time garbage of theirs got in someone elses yard (almost daily), every time their dog barked after 9 (local ordinance), when they didn't inspect their car (illegal to park on the street).

Eventually they said screw it and moved into a trailer park.
I never thought to call them anonymously! It's a private lot (owned by the complex) so I don't think the cops have any jurisdiction over the parking situation, but the rest they sure as heck will.

I'm also going to get the # for the main office and harass the heck out of them until they make it clear to these bozos that they can't behave this way.

Reactions: esprit-hyperdoux

jan

Reaction score
Title: Rate name/word associations as stereotypes. WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised. | Accept
Requester: MSRNE researchers [A1F9W6UY3YL34J] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$42.41] [Pay=3.94] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.35] [Fast=4.89] [Comm=4.67] [Fair=4.86] [Reviews=149] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.16] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Which associations between names and English words are stereotypes?
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Despairagus

DCI

Reaction score
No one should use the police as their own personal annoyance machine. The majority of the calls that they get are probably from the same handful of drama llamas trying to get revenge on their neighbors. Imo people should get tickets for wasting the time of police, because it wastes tax money and distracts from more important things.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No one should use the police as their own personal annoyance machine. The majority of the calls that they get are probably from the same handful of drama llamas trying to get revenge on their neighbors. Imo people should get tickets for wasting the time of police, because it wastes tax money and distracts from more important things.
I agree, which is partially why I've never called them. BUT, these people are also blocking a fire lane, I believe, and I'm not in the business of not calling that kind of thing out either. If there were a fire when they were double parked, it would be an issue (it keeps anyone from driving through that portion of the parking lot. This is an old complex so the lots aren't very large)

I am 100% going to begin a phone campaign with the complex owners, though.

also there is property damage involved (my car when it's parked near them) so... kind of it it would be valid at this point. Idk, I don't like talking to cops.

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Title: Choice Task | Accept
Requester: EMP Lab [A12MA4NS33Z0U0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.84] [Pay=2.43] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.85] [Fast=3.88] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.86] [Reviews=40] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.93] [Pen=1.06 days] [Res=null] [Rec=25%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: This short survey investigates judgments and decisions. This study should take 20-30 minutes and you will be compensated $2.00 for your participation. You must be over 18 years old to participate.
Qualifications: Study 1 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
I would very much enjoy watching them mow a lawn they don't own anymore lmao
When he lived here he'd mow twice a day, no joke. The first time I seen him come back with his mower in the back of his truck, I took a picture and sent it to my boyfriend... "You can't make this shit up."

Reactions: Despairagus

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, no need to be sorry. It can be super annoying. Since we moved here 4 years ago we've had to deal with our neighbors having loud parties til late in the night (or should I say, the morning lol), usually around holidays or their family birthdays; several neighbors have confronted them face to face and the cops have come several times, but they just bump the music back up when they leave. It's very infuriating, to say the least, definitely drives me nuts not being able to block out the noise or sleep lol
I had two sorority girls who lived underneath me that would do the same thing. (Partying and blaring music til 4am).

I then started waking up at 6:30am the morning after blaring "What's new Pussycat" on repeat through the floorboards.

Never had a problem with them after that. :bode:

cassius

Reaction score
Over the weekend, I found a cat up in one of the trees on our property. Once we got her to come down, she took off. She ended up coming back the next day. She's very young and long haired, doesn't look like she has/had been outside very long. I posted in our local facebook groups, but I honestly think someone dropped her off. So my kids have named her Marshmello. This is the 3rd cat in the past 2 years. People need to stop dumping unwanted pets in the country, assuming they'll just end up on a farm or something.
i live in the city but they will come in from the farms and drop them off here if they know of the area. so many of us TNR and care for colonies. i've stressed for all that is worth that i do not take in cats, only trying to care for the colony that was left by a resident when she passed. i think it helps but kitties still show up from time to time and we do the best we can for them.

Reactions: jan

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
Their job is to enforce the law. IF people are breaking the law to the point where it is problematic for neighbors, causing a decline in property values, and keeping people up at night, then the police should be involved.

There's a pretty good likelyhood that people who are so trashy that they cause disturbances daily also are into some other shady shit.

Mine, for instance, were heroin addicts and had a puppy mill in their basement that nobody knew about.

They also weren't feeding their kids.

Source: 10 years working in 911 center, directly with police.

Last edited:

RancidYetti

[redacted]
Reaction score
Good morning fellow humans. My wife and I took last week off work but didn't really feel like going anywhere, so she went out and bought Chrissy Teigen's new cookbook and we made a bunch of incredible food all week. Best vacation ever.

Let's get some damn money.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I never called 911 personally for that same reason. I found out there was a non-emergency number they have that I called instead.

Reactions: DCI and Despairagus
Status
Not open for further replies.