10/29 - Mellifluous Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you. I think everyone here is taking a lot of lessons from our favorite neighbor, Fred Rogers, and are trying to turn this into a positve. I'm usually a pretty cynical dude, but man...
I know what you mean. Live in Kansas City so we have major crime, and all lives are important, but things like this really make you think.

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Live in Kansas City so we have major crime, and all lives are important, but things like this really make you think.
It's just really hard to fathom somebody walking into a place of worship and shooting like 20 people (many elderly, who survived the Holocaust) because they believe in some ridiculous anti-Semetic/racist conspiracy theory...

I'm more than a bit inspired to get through the week here and then do some good this weekend.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Over the weekend, I found a cat up in one of the trees on our property. Once we got her to come down, she took off. She ended up coming back the next day. She's very young and long haired, doesn't look like she has/had been outside very long. I posted in our local facebook groups, but I honestly think someone dropped her off. So my kids have named her Marshmello. This is the 3rd cat in the past 2 years. People need to stop dumping unwanted pets in the country, assuming they'll just end up on a farm or something.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
me when my neighbor has parties :shifty:
We are having a parking dispute. We have parked in the same area for the last 5 years. SUDDENLY this summer they decided it was an issue that we parked there. I have found dents on my car and my husband has been parked in (As in they double park overnight across the back of his car, and another car of a disabled gentleman) twice. The woman there also stares daggers like a psychopath if she sees us outside.

We are going to the office to complain, but I'll also be calling the police on them from now on when I hear them fighting. I am very steamed up about it lol

edit: spots in question are "in front of their apartment" which makes them in front of OURS as well since we're just on opposite sides of the building and are facing the grass, not the parking lot. Essentially they're upset that we're not parking in a foreign lot and hiking to our home.

Last edited:

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
We are having a parking dispute. We have parked in the same area for the last 5 years. SUDDENLY this summer they decided it was an issue that we parked there. I have found dents on my car and my husband has been parked in (As in they double park overnight across the back of his car, and another car of a disabled gentleman) twice. The woman there also stares daggers like a psychopath if she sees us outside.

We are going to the office to complain, but I'll also be calling the police on them from now on when I hear them fighting. I am very steamed up about it lol

edit: spots in question are "in front of their apartment" which makes them in front of OURS as well since we're just on opposite sides of the building and are facing the grass, not the parking lot. Essentially they're upset that we're not parking in a foreign lot and hiking to our home.
Hopefully the office can get it resolved for you. I wonder what set them off if it wasn't an issue before :thinking:

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hopefully the office can get it resolved for you. I wonder what set them off if it wasn't an issue before :thinking:
Thanks, sorry for complaining. I'm so steamed up about it and really want to march over there and give them a piece of my mind, but I'm not planning on moving out any time soon so that's not a good idea at all.

I genuinely think they have serious marital problems and also some mental health issues, so I'm trying to just feel pity for them but it's pretty hard.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, sorry for complaining. I'm so steamed up about it and really want to march over there and give them a piece of my mind, but I'm not planning on moving out any time soon so that's not a good idea at all.

I genuinely think they have serious marital problems and also some mental health issues, so I'm trying to just feel pity for them but it's pretty hard.
I know how you feel. Luckily, my evil neighbors moved, after some long and hard years dealing with them haha.

Although even though the house is sold and they moved into a new place, it's been like 2 months and no one has moved in yet....and the old neighbor still comes back several times a week to mow....

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I know how you feel. Luckily, my evil neighbors moved, after some long and hard years dealing with them haha.

Although even though the house is sold and they moved into a new place, it's been like 2 months and no one has moved in yet....and the old neighbor still comes back several times a week to mow....
I would very much enjoy watching them mow a lawn they don't own anymore lmao

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

Nah, no need to be sorry. It can be super annoying. Since we moved here 4 years ago we've had to deal with our neighbors having loud parties til late in the night (or should I say, the morning lol), usually around holidays or their family birthdays; several neighbors have confronted them face to face and the cops have come several times, but they just bump the music back up when they leave. It's very infuriating, to say the least, definitely drives me nuts not being able to block out the noise or sleep lol

Status
Not open for further replies.