10/27 - Flipping Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone who answered my question, @Mentor and non-mentors! I've been playing it safe and doing just what you guys have said, only what I can afford to be rejected. Sometimes I question myself though...wonder if I am playing it too safe (as I watch that money just disappear). It really helps to have all of your feedback. You're the best!!!! :)

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally I've never worked for a requester with no TO but really that would depend on the AA. Generally I don't do scared money at all. It would also depend on how much padding you have. Get up to around 150,000 approved and you should be pretty safe to eat some rejections, nothing major of course, as long as you keep your percentile at or above 99% you should be good.
Who is you and what did you do with our TP?

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thanks, ecko @ecko and TurkingMaster @TurkingMaster ! At what point do you stop stressing over possible rejections and go for batches from new requesters with no TO? How can you tell if they're going to pan out or not?
As long as you're not scamming, I'd say to never sweat rejections ever. New requesters can be some of the best money out there, but by the 2nd or 3rd batch, they'll be over-hyped and probably knocked down a paygrade or two. That nervous extra 10 minutes on the forum discussing whether or not something will go through could be better spent making more money...or shitposting.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well, part of the game is that you don't always know how those sorts of batches will end up. If you're at a lower number approved, it's best not to do more than what would make you drop 1% at worst if they all rejected. Once you get to higher numbers you won't even notice the rejections. :wink:
Um, no. You just don't care short of a few stabbings :stabbing:

Reactions: Jaded

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Bye bye good 5s. I like those. Not some obscure auto part that I have to google to figure out wtf it is. Give me polos and sandals any day.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
As long as you're not scamming, I'd say to never sweat rejections ever. New requesters can be some of the best money out there, but by the 2nd or 3rd batch, they'll be over-hyped and probably knocked down a paygrade or two. That nervous extra 10 minutes on the forum discussing whether or not something will go through could be better spent making more money...or shitposting.

I agree. Because I don't batch as much as most, I don't have as many HITs completed as most. That said, I still do a bunch of scared money. I make a good amount from it and have never been permanently burned.:)

Do scared money. Don't do stupid money.
If the pay is super sketchy or the HIT seems scammy, don't.
If the HIT seems written well(works/spelling/etc) and the pay seems fair for the job, do 'em up and tag me!:)

Binxybaby

Reaction score
less than 2 mins
Title: Take this short survey | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: GT [A1J24AKRYQEYZ0] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.14] [Fast: 4.60] [Comm: 4.15] [Fair: 4.46] [Reviews: 174] [ToS: 3]
TO 2:
[Rate: $11.89/hr] [Pen: 0.65 days] [Res: 100% of 1] [Rec: 67% of 3] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.18
Duration: 8 minutes 30 seconds
Available: 8
Description: Not Available
Requirements: df88b84d816d3358b3793a61b73d80e93913e627 has not been granted ; Total approved HITs is not less than 500; 3fd5483060adc0abd44b36e3161cd6be4c981659 has not been granted ; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96; Location is US

Reactions: Leon Powalski

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Personally I've never worked for a requester with no TO but really that would depend on the AA. Generally I don't do scared money at all. It would also depend on how much padding you have. Get up to around 150,000 approved and you should be pretty safe to eat some rejections, nothing major of course, as long as you keep your percentile at or above 99% you should be good.
Also keep in mind the AA is largely irrelevant. While the hits may slide through without getting rejected there's nothing stopping the requester from blocking you later for "unacceptable" work.

turkLion

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone who answered my question, @Mentor and non-mentors! I've been playing it safe and doing just what you guys have said, only what I can afford to be rejected. Sometimes I question myself though...wonder if I am playing it too safe (as I watch that money just disappear). It really helps to have all of your feedback. You're the best!!!! :)
Also, I forgot to mention I recommend always doing high hourly batches. If the hit pays 50 cent and you can do each one in a minute or less, go HAM. Do as many as you can as long as you stay above 99%.

Reactions: micky

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Also keep in mind the AA is largely irrelevant. While the hits may slide through without getting rejected there's nothing stopping the requester from blocking you later for "unacceptable" work.
Up to 30 Days, regardless of AA, correct?

turkLion

Contributor
Reaction score
This is true.

Reactions: Jerami
D

Deleted member 526

guess I got back just in time for 5's to end. that's okay I crossed some things off my list of things to do.

Reactions: Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.