10/19 - Fall Weather Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be a whole lot worth working on. I guess I missed out on Alexandria's today. Hub made pork chops so I'm going to eat dinner. :happy:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
IRBs should establish a base rate that's acceptable to pay your research subjects and trying to pay someone 2 dollars for a 90 minute survey should be considered an ethics violation

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
IRBs should establish a base rate that's acceptable to pay your research subjects and trying to pay someone 2 dollars for a 90 minute survey should be considered an ethics violation
I was just looking at that thinking the same thing. I know a lot of these are underpaid, but that went above and beyond in that category.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Look at all of the reject potential:
WARNING - You will not receive payment for the hit if:

1) You do not complete the survey.

2) Upon completion, you fail to give your Worker ID on the last question of the survey.

3) Upon completion, you fail to give your Worker ID in the above textbox.

4) Upon completion, you fail to give an ID on the last question of the survey that matches the ID placed in the above comment box.

5) You have already taken this survey.

6) You do not meet study participant requirements posted in the Informed Consent.

Reactions: Jerami and Starslip

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score

2) Upon completion, you fail to give your Worker ID on the last question of the survey.

4) Upon completion, you fail to give an ID on the last question of the survey that matches the ID placed in the above comment box.

6) You do not meet study participant requirements posted in the Informed Consent.
Not that any of this is unusual, but they seem awfully bossy for not wanting to pay anything for a 90 minute survey.

Reactions: KYKITTY

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The $2/90 minute HIT has a threat to reject if you try to complete it twice.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Some of them do.

A lot of IRBs also make it a requirement that you be compensated for your time even if you don't finish the study, which is obviously often ignored on mturk.

Some also have requirements that you can't PAY TOO MUCH as it could be construed as "undue influence."

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Michelle Cho for work related to 37VUR2VJ6BAOXY1U27V7YQ3TOSU1CT.
The value of your bonus is: $14.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for completing the transcription HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

The day of bonuses continues.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Michelle Cho for work related to 37VUR2VJ6BAOXY1U27V7YQ3TOSU1CT.
The value of your bonus is: $14.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for completing the transcription HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

The day of bonuses continues.
Ooh, how long ago did you do it? I finished about 2 hours ago

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Translated:
If you have taken this study before or can't enter your AMT ID properly, your submission will be rejected. Pretty standard. Just looks like a lot when listed like that.:)

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I just had to save a cat cause it got its toe bean stuck in a part of the cage and I started crying because he was so sad and crying and that is just ridiculous.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Translated:
If you have taken this study before or can't enter your AMT ID properly, your submission will be rejected. Pretty standard. Just looks like a lot when listed like that.:)
Or like a lot when they are paying $2 for 1.5 hrs. But, yeah, pretty standard, just something about the big WARNING makes it stand out more.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I just had to save a cat cause it got its toe bean stuck in a part of the cage and I started crying because he was so sad and crying and that is just ridiculous.
What's a toe bean?

Reactions: Metallica
Status
Not open for further replies.