10/10 - Trick Daddy Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
could be. could also be wishful thinking on the part of literally all of the other 49 states. the governor there issues travel warnings not to visit other states. he should've spent that time inspecting their wildfire readiness. the important thing is just get as many people as possible to safety.

what about all those rich people, and the celebrities, they handing out water, setting up daycare, helping the elderly? hope so.
California isn't really like that. And that state has just been through like a decade of historic drought and a much warmer than average summer, so the conditions for something like this to happen were ripe. That area in the north bay is not as populated as other areas of the bay area. It's more spread out, with large areas of forests, vinyards, hills, whatever. All kinds of fuel. As much as we like to think we have mastery over nature, sometimes we just can't do shit.

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Please help our research! This is an interesting one! | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Tiffany [AX80S7TVJCNZL] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.36] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 12] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Please give us your opinions regarding loyalty programs!
Requirements: Vacation Frequency - Every Year is 1; Location is US

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
Requester lied -- not interesting. Lots of open-ended questions. No completion code.

jakey baby

Certified Muppet
Reaction score
So I just got done watching the newest episode of the flash (no spoilers, dont worry) but i swear to god i cry more while watching the flash than i do ever, do anything anything else.

Reactions: Michele and <Gucci>

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
California isn't really like that. And that state has just been through like a decade of historic drought and a much warmer than average summer, so the conditions for something like this to happen were ripe. That area in the north bay is not as populated as other areas of the bay area. It's more spread out, with large areas of forests, vinyards, hills, whatever. All kinds of fuel. As much as we like to think we have mastery over nature, sometimes we just can't do shit.
Yeah I wanted to respond to that too but was watching video... with all the other fires in the state they were spread thin to begin with and there just isn't anything they can do. I think Cali is one of if not the most prepared for fire, CalFire is amazing but there is only so much they can do. Right now they are basically just following the fire and hoping for a chance to try to stop it if the winds let up.

Reactions: aveline and <Gucci>

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Perception and Judgment of Number Rules Study | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: University of Richmond Cave Lab [A3ERH5CKWY17T0] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.15] [Fast: 4.82] [Comm: 3.33] [Fair: 4.95] [Reviews: 46] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.75
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: This study looks how people interact with problems or rules in subjects such as algebra, physics, engineering, and science. You may be asked to solve problems or make simple judgments. Your session is expected to last ~10 minutes.
Requirements: Masters has been granted; Location is US
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Reactions: <Gucci>

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
A perfect example of nothing they can do is the fires here right now. Saturday night it was a 200 ish acre sort of contained/controlled fire and then 80 mph winds kicked up and bam had like 7 or 8 fires start up even miles away from it.

Reactions: aveline and <Gucci>
D

Deleted member 526

A perfect example of nothing they can do is the fires here right now. Saturday night it was a 200 ish acre sort of contained/controlled fire and then 80 mph winds kicked up and bam had like 7 or 8 fires start up even miles away from it.
kay pack your vehicle if you haven't yet. remember you can do something, even if it seems bad. I remember feeling kind of helpless when 1 was near me. you're not, you can be prepared still and you'll be okay.

Reactions: SAJ and <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.