10/09 - So This Is Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
That sounds stressful. I wonder if you could call the school district and speak to someone to tell them what is going on at that school. Even if you are not going to be there anymore it might make life better for some of the students getting bullied.
It was a charter school... which is run by a corporation. They don't care as long as they are getting their funding. They're up for an award that comes with lots of money at the end of this month. The catch is they can't have too many referrals on record. So their solution is to just not write the referrals even when they are very much warranted. In my opinion they should receive the award and I'm currently researching who gives out this award so I can inform them of what is really going on at that school.

Reactions: Jesicu

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought that's what most schools do considering how things are... apparently I was sadly mistaken with this "prestigious charter school". I thought it was supposed to be better than public schools. My opinion is now that charter schools are a joke and I need to go to public schools.
Its a shame its like that sometimes...when we lived in Baton Rouge, our son went to one of the most "elite" private schools in the city and when we moved out into the "country" we wanted to try the public schools ( I have a job subbing here too) and we are SOOOOO happy with them. The kids are so respectful and if they aren't they are reprimanded very quickly. We have a very diverse student body ( Upper middle class to low) so I guess that's how they keep everything aligned and safe. Also, I LOVE that even though its public school they wear uniforms too. ( Helps a ton)

Reactions: PhantomCatt

cassius

Reaction score
I thought that's what most schools do considering how things are... apparently I was sadly mistaken with this "prestigious charter school". I thought it was supposed to be better than public schools. My opinion is now that charter schools are a joke and I need to go to public schools.
Aren't charter schools financed by some creepy guy in Turkey? At least here they are and they have a bad rep.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Aren't charter schools financed by some creepy guy in Turkey? At least here they are and they have a bad rep.
They opened a bunch of Charter schools here after Hurricane Katrina and only 1 or 2 ( I believe) are still open. - Most failed as well as the voucher program here.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
It was a charter school... which is run by a corporation. They don't care as long as they are getting their funding. They're up for an award that comes with lots of money at the end of this month. The catch is they can't have too many referrals on record. So their solution is to just not write the referrals even when they are very much warranted. In my opinion they should receive the award and I'm currently researching who gives out this award so I can inform them of what is really going on at that school.
That's good that you are researching that information. It's a shame that no one at the school cared about what was happening.

Reactions: PhantomCatt

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Charter schools can be financed by any qualified organization or individual. There are many, many different charter school companies around the country.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to go get some breakfast. Hopefully there will be some hits when I get back.

Reactions: lsutiger25

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I hope Nathan keeps posting all day. They are really good Sunday Hits. Not too much stress or brain power, a little relaxing.

Today's Projected Earnings: $23.72 + Bonuses: $1.62 = $25.34

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope Nathan keeps posting all day. They are really good Sunday Hits. Not too much stress or brain power, a little relaxing.

Today's Projected Earnings: $23.72 + Bonuses: $1.62 = $25.34
Me too- this was the first time I ever did them

Reactions: Squatty

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Liz @Liz There are yes/no 5's but they are irrigation water valves. I can't quickly tell them apart, so I usually avoid those.

Reactions: Liz

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 11,644

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 11,609
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- Bonus reward earned: $16.19
- HIT reward earned: $581.34