Status
Not open for further replies.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
4/4 rejects from them last week. Apparently they screwed a lot of people over (not to mention all the mailbox spam from them)

Reactions: C to the J

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short Health Survey Possible Bonus | PANDA
Requester: Steven Jones [ABMYWTFQIEWKR] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 0.00]
Description:
This survey is only for individuals who live in Louisiana
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 9
Reward: $0.35
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US;
Anyone in Louisiana?

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Azazael

Reaction score
Description:
Anyone in Louisiana?
i love how they say that but didnt bother to throw a LA state qual on it

Reactions: lsutiger25

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Description:
Anyone in Louisiana?
Thanks! We never get those....I just wish they would open A9's to us

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
4/4 rejects from them last week. Apparently they screwed a lot of people over (not to mention all the mailbox spam from them)
Did they even give you guys a reason? That is pretty crappy.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 10:00 minutes of real-time decisions on retainer | PANDA
Requester: Turk Master [A1W0AO7RK4E7DY] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 2.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Receive $0.15 to be on retainer for 10:00 minutes, and an extra $0.01 for every task
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: None
This is time consuming but I usually get a $1 bonus, making it worth it. And the bonus pays quickly

Tini

I'm an angel
Contributor
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Oct 08, 2016.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 1,185

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 1,178
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- Bonus reward earned: $0.21
- HIT reward earned: $128.03
- Total Amount earned this week: $128.24

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Howdy My Peeps! :D

Soooo... I'm back to turking somewhat full time after a failed adventure in my first teaching job. There was just too much violence in that school. My son (kindergartner) was pushed backwards down a slide and broke his collar bone. At least that's what he says, but I've gotten 4 different stories from other teachers and the principal said "this stuff just happens because we can't watch everyone at all times". On top of that I had several students punching each other and stabbing each other with pencils in my classroom (2nd grade) and I was not allowed to write referrals or enforce discipline. The most I could do was ask them to go get a drink of water and think about what they'd done and I was only allowed to send a note home to parents. Friday was my last straw... Two of my students verbally and physically threatened three other students on the playground stating "You'd better run pussies or I'm going to beat your ass!" while making punching motions with their hands. Of course the students ran, and they were chased with even more threats. I called our Dean of Students and put my foot down saying that they needed to be written up as I DO NOT tolerate bullying in my classroom. The 2 students were pulled out of my class for maybe 5 minutes and upon returning they interrupted my lesson coming back in laughing and saying they didn't get written up or even in trouble!!! Lots of "I told you so's" directed to me... and of course the students that are being bullied were visibly upset. Needless to say I'm done with this school and am pursuing other opportunities. Right now I plan on subbing and checking out other schools before I decide where I'm going to accept a full time position. I'll be trying to make up the difference in money with turk. Luckily teacher's are in high demand here... I just refuse to work for a school that practically encourages violence and bullying.

Sorry for the long rant, but I needed to get this off of my chest. I feel so bad that my hands were tied and I was unable to help the students that were facing the bullying...

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Soooo... I'm back to turking somewhat full time after a failed adventure in my first teaching job. There was just too much violence in that school. My son (kindergartner) was pushed backwards down a slide and broke his collar bone. At least that's what he says, but I've gotten 4 different stories from other teachers and the principal said "this stuff just happens because we can't watch everyone at all times". On top of that I had several students punching each other and stabbing each other with pencils in my classroom (2nd grade) and I was not allowed to write referrals or enforce discipline. The most I could do was ask them to go get a drink of water and think about what they'd done and I was only allowed to send a note home to parents. Friday was my last straw... Two of my students verbally and physically threatened three other students on the playground stating "You'd better run pussies or I'm going to beat your ass!" while making punching motions with their hands. Of course the students ran, and they were chased with even more threats. I called our Dean of Students and put my foot down saying that they needed to be written up as I DO NOT tolerate bullying in my classroom. The 2 students were pulled out of my class for maybe 5 minutes and upon returning they interrupted my lesson coming back in laughing and saying they didn't get written up or even in trouble!!! Lots of "I told you so's" directed to me... and of course the students that are being bullied were visibly upset. Needless to say I'm done with this school and am pursuing other opportunities. Right now I plan on subbing and checking out other schools before I decide where I'm going to accept a full time position. I'll be trying to make up the difference in money with turk. Luckily teacher's are in high demand here... I just refuse to work for a school that practically encourages violence and bullying.

Sorry for the long rant, but I needed to get this off of my chest. I feel so bad that my hands were tied and I was unable to help the students that were facing the bullying...
I am sorry you had to deal with that. It sounds horrible. :(

Reactions: Liz and PhantomCatt

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score

I'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that, it sounds like you'd fit in perfect with our schools here....they hold a very high zero tolerance policy..

Reactions: PhantomCatt

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score

I have always hated how this all goes on the teacher. Sounds like more of a parental problem to me. My kids were scared to death to get in trouble at school for fear of what happens when they get home.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score

That sounds stressful. I wonder if you could call the school district and speak to someone to tell them what is going on at that school. Even if you are not going to be there anymore it might make life better for some of the students getting bullied.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
I'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that, it sounds like you'd fit in perfect with our schools here....they hold a very high zero tolerance policy..
I thought that's what most schools do considering how things are... apparently I was sadly mistaken with this "prestigious charter school". I thought it was supposed to be better than public schools. My opinion is now that charter schools are a joke and I need to go to public schools.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
I have always hated how this all goes on the teacher. Sounds like more of a parental problem to me. My kids were scared to death to get in trouble at school for fear of what happens when they get home.
Sadly most of the parents didn't care... or couldn't even speak/read English well enough to understand what I was trying to tell them. Without support from parents or administration I felt like there was nothing I could do to provide my students with a safe learning environment.

Reactions: lsutiger25 and Liz

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly most of the parents didn't care... or couldn't even speak/read English well enough to understand what I was trying to tell them. Without support from parents or administration I felt like there was nothing I could do to provide my students with a safe learning environment.
I agree. It's so sad you have to deal with this and even sadder for the children with zero responsibility for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.