• KellieS23

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
Yeah... property and income tax is a lot lower than what we're used to in PA though. I think Austin is great for tech, but cost of living is rising there to match...
Everyone says taxes are lower. Your income tax is the same. You pay that like everyone, just where you fit in the charts. Property tax is high. I lived there. It was high and going up from what I see. We lived outside of Houston. Property values are lower than CAL. A lot of people move from california to tx due to less expensive property and they've just sold a home with lots of money to get rid of. But in Houston the sales tax was nearing 10 percent in some places 10 years ago when I left. That only goes up. That is where they get people since the state has no state tax. You can fight your property tax and get it lowered. You can do that but I never thought it was low and paying that sales tax is a killer. What is doesn't have is a state tax. And the place is hot and humid, worse than hades because I don't think hades has that humidity. And don't forget those "water bugs" that are bigger than some kitchen utensils and you never get rid of them. you only control them. I love Texas. The people are great but I hate the weather and the things that go with the state. And don't forget though, they still say pledge of alligence to the US flag and the state flag and say they can leave the republic. Though that's not as easy as they want to think. I never understood the pledge to the state flag because no matter how they look at it they are still pledging alligence to the US to which that flag stands. Okay enough rant. Texas is a great state but it is more expensive than people are led to believe. And that's because it is rumored to have jobs. That's not exactly true either. I always go back to Enron. All those building fronts that looked busy but weren't. And then all those people who lost their jobs and then the people who lost fortunes in stock because of Enron. Who wants to live in a state where that can happen so easily. And the rumor has always been that Ken Lay is not dead but in witness protection. And that comes from Texas. That's what they believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sondi

cassius

Reaction score
hello from harris county! ugh. : (
Been there. Done that. Have fun and don't let the water bugs bite. They don't bite people I don't think. Just get up on their hind legs and sword fight with you.

Reactions: TobyF

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Extended Game | PANDA
Requester: Heather [A2A53C2WMV8L9R] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.38] [Fair: 4.49] [Comm: 4.13] [Fast: 4.29]
Description:
The intent of this study is to collect and analyze data to evaluate an extended game assessment prototype.
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $12.00
Qualifications: Location is US; Extended Games has not been granted;

returning this on the change of the hour.
it says that I've taken it before
hitdatabase disagrees
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
mturkcontent down?

Kliq

Reaction score
Edit. Nevermind

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

Cruxy

Reaction score
Woke up with Kanye West - Heartless stuck in my head....i haven't listened to that song in years.

Good morning everyone.

D

Deleted member 526

seems like some people should have been nominated for hit poster that weren't. I made $$ on some people's survey hits. I will pay more attention. they probably weren't eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.