Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Kat8mouse

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
All joking aside... I'm the worst insomniac I've ever met. I go days at a time, just can't slow down... can't stop reading... experimenting... working... whatever the fuck I'm doing I just can't stop... and when I do finally manage to stop I still have to get past the omnipresent migraine. So I know that struggle all too well. I hope you get a good nights sleep.
I hear you. 3 -4 days is about where I get to . Then 5 hours of sleep and back to doing things. My brain just doesn't turn off , like most. Part of my being "on the spectrum," combined an above average IQ. Lol. I'm always analyzing, calculating and inventing/modifying, in my head. I'm used to it. Like now, Been up for 2. Not even remotely tired. Just a bit bored.:)

I just don't forget anything. I did one hit, remembered 30 words, shown for 3 seconds after one round with a brain wiping word search in between. I'm a bit mental.

Last edited:
Reactions: thirdeye7 and Blue
D

Deleted member 481

I'm hoping this batch gets finished soon. I already hit $50 but I can't seem to stop. Although, if the dog ones are left up, there will be like 5,000 remaining.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I hear you. 3 -4 days is about where I get to . Then 5 hours of sleep and back to doing things. My brain just doesn't turn off , like most. Part of my being "on the spectrum," with an above average IQ. Lol. I'm always analyzing, calculating and inventing/modifying, in my head. I'm used to it. Like now, Been up for 2. Not even remotely tired. Just a bit bored.:)
I get stuck on shit and can't let it go till I've done something about it. Written it down... taken the photo just the way I saw it in my head... finished that little spice rack project I want to do in the kitchen... whatever the fuck it is I get stuck on will just not let me go till I've exhausted it. There's always a new script to write... or a photo to take... or a grey water recycler to make...

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Deleted member 481

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I get stuck on shit and can't let it go till I've done something about it. Written it down... taken the photo just the way I saw it in my head... finished that little spice rack project I want to do in the kitchen... whatever the fuck it is I get stuck on will just not let me go till I've exhausted it. There's always a new script to write... or a photo to take... or a grey water recycler to make...
Yup. It will drive me mad forever if it's not completed, whatever it is. I luckily don't write anything down. It's just in there.:)

Reactions: Blue

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup. It will drive me mad forever if it's not completed, whatever it is. I luckily don't write anything down. It's just in there.:)
I have memory problems since the brain cancer... so I also obsess over the unknown things I'm certain I've forgotten. So I map and index everything. My brain map web from the last ~7 years is a monolithic monstrosity.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have memory problems since the brain cancer... so I also obsess over the unknown things I'm certain I've forgotten. So I map and index everything. My brain map web from the last ~7 years is a monolithic monstrosity.
I couldn't imagine dealing with that! That said,I don't think anyone could really imagine it until it happens.

Reactions: Blue

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine dealing with that! That said,I don't think anyone could really imagine it until it happens.
It can be both a blessing and a curse. Sleeping is often like a complete reboot of the system... if I've been angry at the twit-in-chief or my lady of the house or I've been depressed about something it is just straight up gone next time I wake up. Never existed. There truly is a sort of bliss to ignorance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 481

OK, I'm calling it a night. 3AM seems like a good time to stop. Gonna sleep in today. See y'all in afternoon:
Today's Projected Earnings: $60.00 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7)
HITsValue
Viewed922$65.59
Submitted843$60.00
Approved843$60.00
Returned40$2.83
BonusesN/A$0.00

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I doubled my normal daily goal (only $40, I'm no Fester....) Time for a quick 3am nap until 530 when I get the boys off for school... :/

cassius

Reaction score
It can be both a blessing and a curse. Sleeping is often like a complete reboot of the system... if I've been angry at the twit-in-chief or my lady of the house or I've been depressed about something it is just straight up gone next time I wake up. Never existed. There truly is a sort of bliss to ignorance.
I'm not being sarcastic here. I had a friend who had brain cancer. She didn't fare so well. But I have to ask, if the brain is changed, are you still the same person you were before? I heard old hippies say they wished they'd never taken LSD because of the changes in the brain. They said they were never the same. I've noticed it with psyche drugs and refuse to take them now. So seriously, are you the same person you were before? Not counting the changes everyone goes through with life.

Turkin Nappa

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
jeeze, Barcodes AND Fabiz? Someone opened the floodgates to money today

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not being sarcastic here. I had a friend who had brain cancer. She didn't fare so well. But I have to ask, if the brain is changed, are you still the same person you were before? I heard old hippies say they wished they'd never taken LSD because of the changes in the brain. They said they were never the same. I've noticed it with psyche drugs and refuse to take them now. So seriously, are you the same person you were before? Not counting the changes everyone goes through with life.
Everything you experience in your life changes who you are in some way. That said... my basic personality is still mostly the same. I have a shorter temper now but that is probably more due to having a migraine for the last 7 years. There are some things I used to love and can't stand now... some things I find I really like that I hated before. Having memory problems can feel like your own mind betraying you... it is really easy to lose confidence in your yourself, especially when trying to deal with people. Etc and so on. I'd say the basic software is the same... what I retain and what I lose is pretty goddamn random... so it's a bit like running on a ram drive...

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It can be both a blessing and a curse. Sleeping is often like a complete reboot of the system... if I've been angry at the twit-in-chief or my lady of the house or depressed about something it is just straight up gone next time I wake up. Never existed. There truly is a sort of bliss to ignorance.
ROFL! I was just typing blessing and curse about remembering everything! Luckily, I do remember but, my ASD makes it so I have to actually put in effort to care, which has taken years to learn how to act sincere about a made-up feeling but, whatev's. If I don't put any effort in, I just couldn't give a shit because I'm wired not to and I come off as cold or aloof. To me it's just rational and logical.Like a fucking Vulcan.:(

"Oh. Your pet died. Damn, I'm hungry. Are you hungry?"
Wait, he looks sad. What's the sad one again? Oh, yeah.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. That really sucks."
God, I hope that was the right one.
Well, he didn't make a strange face. Yup. Nailed it.

I still can't wrap my brain around the blame thing. I've tried for 40 years. I know the definition but I can't figure out why you would need to invent a word for that in the first place. I see it and I don't even think about who did it. How would that change the situation I find myself in, whatever that may be. I'm odd.
Don't worry. I already know.:p

EDIT It does make me feel different from everyone. And, it's not a visible difference so, obviously, people don't adjust or account for it.:)

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
Everything you experience in your life changes who you are in some way. That said... my basic personality is still mostly the same. I have a shorter temper now but that is probably more due to having a migraine for the last 7 years. There are some things I used to love and can't stand now... some things I find I really like that I hated before. Having memory problems can feel like your own mind betraying you... it is really easy to lose confidence in your yourself, especially when trying to deal with people. Etc and so on. I'd say the basic software is the same... what I retain and what I lose is pretty goddamn random... so it's a bit like running on a ram drive...
Thank you. I wonder if brain injuries and such can actually change a person from who they were to someone they now become. Of course so do the people who know how to do the research. I remember my friend's mom saying something to me that haunts me to this day. She told me she'd lost her daughter to that brain disease. She no longer was the daughter she knew. She didn't mean it in a mean way, more a hurt way and that is what makes it so haunting. In some of those tumors as you know I'm sure, they destroy frontal lobe tissue when they work on getting rid of the tumors and that can change people.

Reactions: Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.