09/26 - Mod Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I still have my wisdom teeth, but one of them broke when I was grinding my teeth in my sleep and one of the shards went into the side of the tooth next to it that had a cavity...it was poking the nerve and got infected.
After trying to hold out for like a week and it just getting worse, I got it pulled this morning.

Which would be awesome, except he cracked my sinus cavity and some of the bones in my gums. So now I'm taking painkillers for a while
and people tell me not to be afraid of the dentist, i'll show them this next time

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
it isn't even that.
there's a lot of days that I don't want to wake up
and the only reason I haven't ended it yet is because I have a kid, and I'm responsible for her
I know I have something of a sense of humor, but to be honest,
there are days every now and then when I just feel too tired to do anything,
and I'm sick of being here, anywhere
but mostly, I just feel tired
Hey you? You awesome person you? Keep on not ending it. And not just for the kid's sake, for your sake. Cuz you're great. And the world needs you. And your kid needs you, but the best thing she needs is an example of how to be a great adult.

I say this having been there. PM me if you need to, any time, and PM me and I can send you a way to reach me off this forum. Cuz, you know, you're great and people care!

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard this from parents so many times. you need a rest. a for real rest.
no, I only get my kid every weekend.
I didn't get her this past weekend because her mother and the boyfriend were going camping with my kid's 3 year old sister, and his sister and her seven year old daughter, and the boyfriend's parents.
the original plan was for them to all go on a family camping trip, and my kid to come to me instead, since it was the weekend
she asked if she could go along with her mom
and even though it's time that I'm missing,
i'm not greedy or selfish, and her memories are more important than mine
i really miss her. and it's only been 8 days since i've seen her
but i didn't want her to resent me for not letting her go,
and i'd rather that she went whether she liked the camping or not,
so that she'd have the memory and the chance to decide for herself if she liked it

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I still have my wisdom teeth, but one of them broke when I was grinding my teeth in my sleep and one of the shards went into the side of the tooth next to it that had a cavity...it was poking the nerve and got infected.
After trying to hold out for like a week and it just getting worse, I got it pulled this morning.

Which would be awesome, except he cracked my sinus cavity and some of the bones in my gums. So now I'm taking painkillers for a while
I am so sorry! :( I'm also extremely glad that I read this after having one of my wisdom teeth removed!

Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't get her this past weekend because her mother and the boyfriend were going camping with my kid's 3 year old sister, and his sister and her seven year old daughter, and the boyfriend's parents.
the original plan was for them to all go on a family camping trip, and my kid to come to me instead, since it was the weekend
so that she'd have the memory and the chance to decide for herself if she liked it
Not many have that attitude, she's a lucky kid.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
Good lord that actually sounds horrifyingly painful. I hope they gave you good pain pills.
Hydrocodone. I started taking it before the numbness wore off cause I knew it was gonna suck if I didn't. Also ice pack- my cheek was swollen like a stuffed hamster until they gave me one.

Dude literally lifted my head and held it against his chest while two assistants held my hands because it was so hard to remove. One of them even sang to me a little :ROFL:

Reactions: tricker and Pleco
D

Deleted member 526

that's really unselfish. a lot of parents wouldn't been so focused on the child. maybe you could see a psychiatrist or someone to help you make sure you are taken care of as well. the happier and more rested you are, the better off your kid will be.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
oh shit. Upper teeth. I have sinus/upper teeth problems a lot.

tooth pain sucks. I spent like 3K 2 years ago to fix mine. And that was after insurance paid its part (which was basically shit nothing)

I hope you feel better soon! I have all my wisdom teeth still but they have stayed under the gumline so, so far, are causing no issues.
That's what they wanted to do at first, but we have no insurance so I was like - nope

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
you're a good parent

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
You're a good parent. You put her first. Go you. Do you know how many people can't do that? Many. And you're not one of them.

Reactions: Deleted member 526
Status
Not open for further replies.