09/26 - Mod Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
it just takes not turking all day then have 5 cups of coffee. but you turk all day. if I had turked all day I definitely wouldn't want to now.
ok i was trying to write stuff. it's not working out too well. except working when there is 'stuff', and caffeine, this will be my focus tomorrow. because i really sucked at this today.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

DKH

Reaction score
So...apparently the 12 cent glass door hits are wrong if the info doesn't appear on the link and N/A is entered, or actually maybe it was just the one that had no average listed, I dunno, I thought of averaging myself, but thought theyd get upste. I got one rejection and trying to clarify. I'm glad i got to tired to do more. Also a couple rejections (out of maybe 200) of Takashi whatever hits rejected bc I slipped and hit enter before done. my fault, hoping that I can reverse anyway.

And yay....something i can't pass up even though im too freaking tired to keep my eyes open and didn't make crap today.
Edit: and i really wanna buy stuff for once.
So what do we put for the glassdoor hits when the number isn't there?

D

Deleted member 526

ok i was trying to write stuff. it's not working out too well. except working when there is 'stuff', and caffeine, this will be my focus tomorrow. because i really sucked at this today.
don't feel bad. everyone has days that are slower than others. not your fault.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
So what do we put for the glassdoor hits when the number isn't there?
I am a little confused, it shows i submitted 4, 2 approved already, one pending, one rejected, I think only one of mine actually had all the numbers and I was putting N/A when it didn't. So that may not have been the problem. The one rejected said:
Rejected
Wrong values. Instructions not followed.
I think the rejected one showed just the minimum and maximum and no average, because only two employees had entered something so far. I thought about calculating it myself, but thought I should just stick with what was there, apparently I was wrong. I did email her about this and the 'N/A's so I'll post when she answers. They didn't seem bad otherwise, and pay fast, so I hope she answers soon.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I think the hardest part of turking (assuming you have a good work ethic and are motivated) is just the mental aspect of following each decent day with another decent day. Seeing your PE drop back to 0.00 at day change and putting yesterday in the past and not thinking about it. Thoughts?

Reactions: Azazael

buga kingz

drama queen
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the hardest part of turking (assuming you have a good work ethic and are motivated) is just the mental aspect of following each decent day with another decent day. Seeing your PE drop back to 0.00 at day change and putting yesterday in the past and not thinking about it. Thoughts?
I don't think of turking as anything but an unimportant technicality. If you asked me honestly what I did today for work, I'd say I went to the grocery store, binge watched Twilight Zone and Lady Dynamite, played Kung Fu on the NES, and oh yeah, I made 70 bucks while doing that. I think about the fun stuff and turk in the background and the money comes and goes.

Idk if that counts as actual advice, but :ghost:

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Very true. I did unexpectedly well (for me) the last couple of days, and today I got $23 so far, and it just really was more upsetting then it should be. I know that I just cannot do well on some days though I put the effort in, it's at least partly health related, which really is no different than someone just being burned out or other stuff going on or whatever, And is not a good way to go about anything. So I don't have a suggestion right now, but could sure use one.

Catastrophizing...that's the word, I read it somewhere, and realized I tend to catastrophize things, which is just dumb.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
oh look, its raining giphys again >.>
I'm trying to figure out if my enthusiasm for these easy hits, is metered out by the modest income produced by such activity.

Ah bless. Turning on some tunes and crankin' em :rolleyes:

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think of turking as anything but an unimportant technicality. If you asked me honestly what I did today for work, I'd say I went to the grocery store, binge watched Twilight Zone and Lady Dynamite, played Kung Fu on the NES, and oh yeah, I made 70 bucks while doing that. I think about the fun stuff and turk in the background and the money comes and goes.

Idk if that counts as actual advice, but :ghost:
That would be the opposite of what I do, I really enjoy other people's perspectives on things here, so definitely counts.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyway...goodnight, hope to read great advice in the morning, good question or thought or whatever Peachy @PeachyRider . I need to quit rambling now, and want to be up for zoltars...finally got them figured out (as in how to actually do a queue full and much more hopefully before they expire) on Saturday.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Its contract work, so you're better thinking about long term rather than day to day.

Are you making enough to pay bills? To save? To pay taxes? Those are my motivators.

Every day is different, and you're going to have bad days, at some point. But if you have the confidence and knowledge, the good will outnumber the bad. In regards to mTurk, its about minimizing those bad days without spending 16 hours a day to do so, for me. A work/life balance, taking the time off when its not worth it to work, keeping myself fresh... That matters more than grinding out every last penny so I have a shiny day on my ledger. And that keeps the 'mental aspect' in check.

Azazael

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if my enthusiasm for these easy hits, is metered out by the modest income produced by such activity.

Ah bless. Turning on some tunes and crankin' em :rolleyes:
thats kinda what i do, turn on pandora or a movie as background noise and whip up my script and go at them.

Reactions: Concise
Status
Not open for further replies.