09/21 - Wake Me Up on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phusia

I am a meat popcicle.
Reaction score
are frozen vegetables in the boxes and bags processed? should I buy fresh spinach and cook it and freeze it? or is it the same thing if I buy frozen boxes and bags of spinach and corn and carrots?
Well, "processed" just means it's not raw, which technically frozen food is not. But I think what you're aiming for is just not a bunch of shit in your food. For this, the nutrition label is your best friend. Things you know are bad in large quantities (e.g., sugar/salt) at the top of the ingredients list? Avoid! Check the list of ingredients: Are there a bunch of things you don't recognize? Avoid! (That second guideline is not a hard-and-fast rule, moreso something to help you out until you know what different ingredients are. Just because we don't know exactly what it is doesn't mean FOR SURE it's bad, of course.) You'll start to get a feel for what's just used as filler in food, and doesn't actually have any nutritional value.

I found a site that doesn't look like it's run by crackpots. :p Maybe check it out when you have a chance? http://www.eatright.org/resource/fo...acts-and-food-labels/avoiding-processed-foods

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If you don't have a slow cooker, I would recommend getting one, I like the digital ones the best that way I can control the temps much more better. Pretty much anything made in a slow cooker can be frozen and used later with just a few exceptions
Or a pressure cooker. Have only done beef stew so far but I love mine.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Identify facial expressions | PANDA
Requester: Alan Cowen [A2862FWM2LCOP0] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.39 Generosity
★★★★ 4.78 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 21 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will rate the emotions expressed by 30 faces
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97;Total approved HITs is greater than 50;Location is US

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
eggs (protein) I have two each morning. Protein also helps you feel full.
apples - I sometimes put almond butter on them
make your own popcorn - cheaper and healthier than chips and fills you up.
corn and peas are fine frozen - saute them in butter...add whatever else ( for me its chicken thighs - cheaper and more flavorful).

Also,I always buy these at Walmart.
I though it said you put apple butter on your apples. weird and redundant. Almond butter tho sounds awesome. why didn't i think of that?

Reactions: MrTrentSD

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
maintain that thing or it can and will turn into a ticking time bomb
No joke. When I was a kid one of my friend's mom's exploded when she was making something. Scared the crap out of me and I've been terrified of them ever since. I only use mine for canning, and even then not the pressure part. It's just *made* for canning so works great for the boil seal.

Reactions: Devil_Dawg
Status
Not open for further replies.