09/17 - Sampling Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesicu

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling it may be domestic. It's in the heart of the Gay area of Manhattan. And near the big movie theater.
I'm wondering if it's linked to the bombing in Seaside, NJ this afternoon. It's only about an hour away.

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The west coast news isn't showing much on tv! I'm going to channel surf to try and find more info.

Once again, glad you're ok! I hope everyone you know is, too!
Thanks, Tricker! CNN had better pictures.

Reactions: tricker

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's linked to the bombing in Seaside, NJ this afternoon. It's only about an hour away.
The authorities are wondering that too. Though I was born and bred in NJ, moved here in 04. Seaside is a weird place to do that.

Jesicu

Contributor
Reaction score
The authorities are wondering that too. Though I was born and bred in NJ, moved here in 04. Seaside is a weird place to do that.
Normally I'd agree, but setting it off during a military 5k feels like it was supposed to be big news. Less about the town, more about the attention wounded military would get. Since 2 out of the 3 bombs didn't go off, and all other area events were evacuated (we were in Point and the whole town pretty much closed down), I'm thinking the bombers headed north.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn now we've got a beef.
there are a lot of great pears. bartlett are ok, but bosc are better - the trick is to put them in a cardboard box and throw it away

on the other end of the spectrum, d'anjou pears are excellent, when they're ripe, and are much better than apples

Reactions: Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.