09/10 Season Opener Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
lol I got Harvey a few days after mine here. Do you still have power?
I'm in central FL, the northeast (worst) portion of where it's supposed to make landfall. So we're just getting the very outer bands right now. We should start to get tropical storm force winds around noon and those should last for about 30 hours. The hurricane force winds are supposed to last 6-8 hours and we're getting the worst of it overnight. So we shall see! My sister is in southeast Florida and it's already getting nasty there. This storm is a beast.

Melly

Pew Pew!
Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Man, I hope people google the owners of these vacation rentals before they book them. I just started doing one and while looking for the address found a whole bunch of shit on this dude listing a room in his house.

blackpupjean

Reaction score

psminty

Reaction score
hai everyone

hai @Staff (promised i would only use this power for good lol)

I'm in south florida and power just went out. me and the fam are safe though. Since I gotta conserve laptop energy for important stuff, can someone (anyone) tag me or pm me if ocmp5 (or a godlike 20.00 per hour batch) drops today. I can't run my computer all day :(

thanks. luv u guys
still have my electricity... for now :nailbiting:

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Title: Short survey about emotional support at work | PANDA
Requester: Amy R Aaron [A1M9IUQYOGDWLO] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Answer some questions about how you seek out support for personal and professional challenges
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: Employment Status: Employed full time (35+ hours per week) is 1; Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US

I bit under 2 minutes, a bit long for pay, but not bad

Reactions: tempo

blackpupjean

Reaction score
I'm in central FL, the northeast (worst) portion of where it's supposed to make landfall. So we're just getting the very outer bands right now. We should start to get tropical storm force winds around noon and those should last for about 30 hours. The hurricane force winds are supposed to last 6-8 hours and we're getting the worst of it overnight. So we shall see! My sister is in southeast Florida and it's already getting nasty there. This storm is a beast.
I thought it was going to hit the West coast. In any case, stay safe

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
geezus, i'll be thinking about you and all the Floridians here

i guess that's what separates Irma from Harvey. Houston didn't really get winds that powerful for that long. It was just an onslaught of rain for days. Mother Nature has been crazy this year

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
Reactions: bxpretzel

nana

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Stock Market Task | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: GOAL Lab [A1JE0PH4SRMIYQ] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.58] [Fast: 4.12] [Comm: 3.86] [Fair: 4.20] [Reviews: 41] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $4.50
Duration: 5 hours
Available: 1
Description: In this research study, you will be perform two types of tasks: (1) a stock market simulation, and (2) a customer billing task. The study is expected to take approximately 60-90 minutes. In addition to the base payment of $4.50 for completing the study, bonus payments of are available based on performance in the study.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
Sending this back if anyone wants to try to catch it. Hope it's not going to be one of these days - Our records indicate that you have previously participated in a similar study.

Reactions: jan

Evergreen Queen

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I thought it was going to hit the West coast. In any case, stay safe
It is. The hurricane force winds now extend 80 miles from the center, which is half the width of Florida. The entire storm is 500 miles wide. The northeast portion of the storm is the worst, which is what will most likely be going over us. There's a chance we will be seeing the eye wall for a good portion of the hurricane force winds (6-8 hours). It's definitely not as bad as it will be for southwest Florida and the Keys, but we are still looking at 80-100 mph winds.

Reactions: kryss and jan

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Ryan Hamilton [A39K0LU7SBU1G3] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 5.00][Fair: 0.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 0.00]
Description:
Give us your opinion about our products
Time: 20 minutes
Reward: $1.70
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, Location is US
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Ryan Hamilton [A39K0LU7SBU1G3] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 5.00][Fair: 0.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 0.00]
Description:
Give us your opinion about our products
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $1.70
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, Location is US

like a minute each

blackpupjean

Reaction score
It is. The hurricane force winds now extend 80 miles from the center, which is half the width of Florida. The entire storm is 500 miles wide. The northeast portion of the storm is the worst, which is what will most likely be going over us. There's a chance we will be seeing the eye wall for a good portion of the hurricane force winds (6-8 hours). It's definitely not as bad as it will be for southwest Florida and the Keys, but we are still looking at 80-100 mph winds.
yup, that's pretty windy.

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

Evergreen Queen

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
geezus, i'll be thinking about you and all the Floridians here

i guess that's what separates Irma from Harvey. Houston didn't really get winds that powerful for that long. It was just an onslaught of rain for days. Mother Nature has been crazy this year
Yep, I've been talking about that a lot. You can't really compare them because they were just two different kinds of evil beasts. Devastating in both cases, nonetheless. Mother Nature has definitely been wild lately. And we're just now hitting the peak of the season!

Thanks for the warm thoughts. :glomp:

Reactions: jan and Peachy

psminty

Reaction score
boyfriend's sister has both her home and business in Marathon... doubt that either will escape without a lot of damage

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.