09/06 - Bon Voyage Vanyanka Tuesday

Have you wished Jaded a happy birthday today?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I remember them paying pretty well when they first started. How bad of a cut was it. I just started turking seriously again about three months ago.
I liked them when they were 1.25 for everything. It was like a gamble. You could get lucky and end up with a 4 minute video or be SOL and get a ten minute video. But the average seemed to be much better than it is now.

Reactions: Deleted member 481

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I haven't done the NoblisCV moderation videos but I can see from their time they modeled their structure off of C-SATs or vice versa. They're awfully similar.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 15-minute survey with a short scenario (Revised). | PANDA
Requester: Kwangjae Lee [A2B9822UHO2FZ7] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.29] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
You will be given a short scenario describing an imaginary brand and a salesperson's look. You will answer 8 questions including an attention filtering question.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Female is 100;

Reactions: coffeeowl

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I haven't done the NoblisCV moderation videos but I can see from their time they modeled their structure off of C-SATs or vice versa. They're awfully similar.
Noblis involve luck as well. If it is an easy video where the person is in the frame the whole time or not in the video at all, they are awesome. If the person is in and out of the frame, they aren't worth it,

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: ducky and Jaded

danawhitaker

Reaction score
I remember them paying pretty well when they first started. How bad of a cut was it. I just started turking seriously again about three months ago.
I'm trying to remember, I can't really quantify it. I don't have my HitDB from that time currently accessible, and even if I did, the time to pay ratio was fairly variable. The pay cut is probably the least of the problems. I'd like to know why they moved away from the system with users having some specific quals. Maybe they weren't getting enough people doing them?

I definitely agree with someone else about the 45 minute timer. That needed significant improvement. I suggested it to them on multiple occasions, and got no response. Too many requesters I think do not understand how workers utilize the system, and that being able to queue HITs so there's not a mad time scramble is an important aspect of that. While I never did multiple of them at the same time, I can see how people would be tempted to do so if they queued enough to have that be a problem. More than once back when they were still decent I'd simply have to shut the PANDA off once I got enough of them to fill the 45 minute window, and then hope nothing else from my TM would pick up during that window.

Reactions: Azazael and ducky

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of pay cuts, here's one: what's the most shameful HIT you've ever done, pay-wise? For me, it was the Oscars when they were around. I've had a few rough surveys too. 20 minutes for a quarter.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm trying to remember, I can't really quantify it. I don't have my HitDB from that time currently accessible, and even if I did, the time to pay ratio was fairly variable. The pay cut is probably the least of the problems. I'd like to know why they moved away from the system with users having some specific quals. Maybe they weren't getting enough people doing them?

I definitely agree with someone else about the 45 minute timer. That needed significant improvement. I suggested it to them on multiple occasions, and got no response. Too many requesters I think do not understand how workers utilize the system, and that being able to queue HITs so there's not a made time scramble is an important aspect of that. While I never did multiple of them at the same time, I can see how people would be tempted to do so if they queued enough to have that be a problem. More than once back when they were still decent I'd simply have to shut the PANDA off once I got enough of them to fill the 45 minute window, and then hope nothing else from my TM would pick up during that window.
That was me that mentioned the timer. :p And I agree, if they want people to do a lot of their HITs, don't set up a timer that only allows for 4 of the $1+ HITs to be completed.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 15 - minute video (please watch entire video) Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | PANDA
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.25] [Fair: 4.12] [Comm: 4.00] [Fast: 4.58]
Description:
This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (upFfFtD9iWqeiAKKa)
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 120
Reward: $1.76
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; C-SATS Block has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of pay cuts, here's one: what's the most shameful HIT you've ever done, pay-wise? For me, it was the Oscars when they were around. I've had a few rough surveys too. 20 minutes for a quarter.
I try not to let it get that bad. I remember one survey that was $1 or $2 and I was 30 minutes into and I emailed the requester and returned it.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i did breligs my first 10 days as a turker

AlphaFemale

Contributor
Reaction score
Speak of the devil

Title: 15 - minute video (please watch entire video) Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | PANDA
Description:
This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (upFfFtD9iWqeiAKKa)
HITs Available: 107
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; C-SATS Block has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Description:

Last edited:

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Speak of the devil

Description:
HITs Available: 107
what?

Vanyanka @Vanyanka was right there.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Description:
:eek:They heard us!

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I am kinda scared that the pay went up.

Reactions: <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.