Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I can see why people installed it, I mean at first glance it looks pretty damn cool with all the stuff it can do.

But at the same time, fuck sakes people, quit installing shit like that when you know that what it is doing is going to put your ass in Amazon jail. (Or just installing something because someone else told you to, which I guess is a valid reason for newer people)
Yes I had a feeling this would happen I just didn't think it would start so soon.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
From my understanding, its an extension that sorta provided the things MTS does, but also goes beyond that by offering a captcha auto-completion type thing (author claims to have fixed it) that went against Amazon's ToS and made basically anyone a Master.

Again, I'm not too clear on this, but I know 100% that the auto-completion feature was/is a thing.
So, captchas are where they draw the line?

This son of a bitch made ten cents in a minute while doing A9s. Let's ban him!

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
So.. show of hands; how many people think Amazon would suspend you for using that Stax thing? I've had 4 people PM me today about getting suspended, there's some discussion about Stax going on in the suspension thread, and someone on the subreddit got suspended today or yesterday and mentioned they were using Stax.

Don't install extensions just because you see it on reddit >_>
I would just stay away from it because when amazon puts you in jail its a life sentence. The support/help desk is non existent for mturk and if you do get someone they dont know how to help you. So if you get banned, its back to retail for you. As much as we all trash mturk, we have a pretty sweet thing going when the batches and surveys are flowing. This is the easiest job in the world even though its a bit repetitive and its a grind

Mr_AvocadoMan

Reaction score
Title: Rate Dating Profile Photos of Men | Accept
Requester: Ben Peterson [AFEG4RKNBSL4T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.29] [Pay=3.63] [Fast=4.88] [Comm=4.33] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.45] [Fast=4.68] [Comm=3.98] [Fair=4.52] [Reviews=323] [ToS=3]
TO2: [Hrly=2.83] [Pen=0.06 days] [Res=40%] [Rec=95%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.03
Duration: 300
Available: 12
Description: Give your impression of a man in a dating profile photo. (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.)
Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; BP Group B EqualTo 6; BP Qual EqualTo 4; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
You don't get them at all? when did that start?
errr, I don't know how long it's been.
last time I had a captcha was when I was doing the cornel sentence writing batch. every 35-40 hits, and I would get a captcha.
not even every 35. it was fluctuating.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Can people get fleas, asking for a friend.
Yes. They usually don't stay unless you are infested or keep getting reintroduced. But, yes. They prefer fur. But, will snack on people. And if you get enough of them on your stuff, they'll be around for a while.

Reactions: GoldenTemple

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
errr, I don't know how long it's been.
last time I had a captcha was when I was doing the cornel sentence writing batch. every 35-40 hits, and I would get a captcha.
not even every 35. it was fluctuating.
Wow, an actual improvement for once.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes. They usually don't stay unless you are infested or keep getting reintroduced. But, yes. They prefer fur. But, will snack on people. And if you get enough of them on your stuff, they'll be around for a while.
dammit toby

I'm telling you, its just bot panic. That's why 80% of my surveys all start with a captcha now.
I have trouble feeling sympathy for anyone "smart" enough to use something to autofill something that checks if you are a bot/using autofill for things. But I just walked in so I don't know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.