08/28 - 'See'ing Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you all.
Unfortunately, I can't do any Zoltar work right now. My state seems to get the crap end of the stick, at the moment, when it comes to mTurk work. I do try my best to do what I can find that is available to me. I tend to do a lot of surveys, but I also know the importance of growing my HITs count. Finding good batches is difficult. I keep getting stuck with Scout It or p94 (Boooo!). I miss Global Education.
As a rule I will never do a Brelig(Scoutit) I would rather spend the time learning as opposed to working for pennies on the hour.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Social Networks and Interactions: An Inquisit Study | PANDA
Requester: Jennifer T Kubota [AOZ6M26K9AUEX] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.38 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.10 Generosity
★★★★ 4.47 Fairness
★★★★ 4.49 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 77 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Respond to questions about social networks and take a reaction time task. Average time: 1 hour. Please make sure both your browser and Inquisit web app are up to date. Eligibility will be assessed prior to starting the task.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: IntergroupContactExclusion has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 65;Self-Idenitified as Black has been granted;Location is US

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, just derailing the current conversation, but are we really going to have to live with the fact that it now apparently takes 15+ hours to transfer money to amazon payments when it used to take 5 seconds? Have they said they're having system issues or is this just how it is now? I had hoped this was a one time thing but this is the third transfer I've made that hasn't been instant.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
So, just derailing the current conversation, but are we really going to have to live with the fact that it now apparently takes 15+ hours to transfer money to amazon payments when it used to take 5 seconds? Have they said they're having system issues or is this just how it is now?
No one knows and Amazon's not saying.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Quick survey - how would you decide? | PANDA
Requester: Hillel Bavli [A3D73VAY7ISH9Z] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.67 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You are a juror. Read a short scenario and decide how much to award.
Time: 15 minutes
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: 08.03 Block Past Workers has not been granted;Location is US

Reactions: <Gucci>

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
So, just derailing the current conversation, but are we really going to have to live with the fact that it now apparently takes 15+ hours to transfer money to amazon payments when it used to take 5 seconds? Have they said they're having system issues or is this just how it is now? I had hoped this was a one time thing but this is the third transfer I've made that hasn't been instant.
Unless it starts taking over the 24 hours they probably will just say "Well, it does say it can take up to 24 hours to process."

If they were to say anything at all.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"improvements" ______________insert scum bag steve here.

Reactions: Starslip

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Watching Bubbles in the Bathtub | PANDA
Requester: David R Stevens [A24UO1UN0P7O0M] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 47 | TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: Hi, my name is Bubbles. Please take my survey.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $0.06
Qualifications: Bodacious is not less than 18

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
The most important part is dedication and setting a minimum daily goal for your required monthly expenses. Hitscraper for surveys 50 cent and above, turkmaster for all hits setting timers for requesters and pandas for the surveys you miss, imacros for certain tasks, monitor the forums constantly and use TurkAlert to gauge when requesters post in tandem with monitoring your email and monitor hits that are posted on TurkAlerts recent HITS list which auto refreshes every minute, AHK if you so choose to make batch work more efficient, turk on multiple monitors and or multiple devices and basically just monitor all of these things staying at your computer all day doing as many surveys and or batches that post to reach your daily goal.

Reactions: DankoRamone

Spicy Unagi

Let the pain begin.
Reaction score
all of the information to do 200/week is on the internet, these forums, other forums, the reddit. just keep reading.
For me It's all about consistent work every day. I like knowing how much I can assume I'll make if I put some work into it. So what I did is look for the hits I see out there every day. Some may be pennies, .02 or .05 cents. Be sure to look at TO and make sure they are not the ones who will reject easily or bad pay. Run those panda's on slow times or when you are busy with other daily stuff like eating. The more you find the more it adds up. Then you use all the resources out there like forums, scripts, chat rooms and searching on mturk itself. Don't rely on just one. Find the right times to use them. Running scripts that search for hits may not be efficient all day if you have daily panda's running. Find good times to use them like the mornings when surveys get posted. Use the forums to find things you didn't know about. Use hit monitor offline to find the good hits from good requesters without running into PRE problems. I also put my min goal low according to what those daily hits will give me. Everything else is just a topping on that min goal. Most important find the way you work the best. Don't compare to others because that might just get depressing. And don't be pressured to work on a hit if you don't feel comfortable with it.
Thank you so much for your advice! :blush:

Spicy Unagi

Let the pain begin.
Reaction score
As a rule I will never do a Brelig(Scoutit) I would rather spend the time learning as opposed to working for pennies on the hour.
Yeah. I later realized that Scout It jobs were too risky and a waste of time. I should have spent that time studying and practicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.