Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Only got 62 Lind's :bucktooth:

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
I'm saying this in the most polite way possible: this work isn't for everyone. People have different temperaments and handle this type of work differently. For some people, it's fine and for others, it's soul crushing and for others, it's somewhere in between. But it's definitely not going to be tolerable for everyone and some people just aren't build to be able to do it, no matter how hard they want to make it work out.
How much do you net each month from turking?

D

Deleted member 526

I'm sort of apprehensive to ask this, because I know how protective Turkers are of their work; however, I think this question isn't too bad. I wanted to know, to all the Turkers who make over $200+ per week, how long did it take for you to get to that level?

I've been turking now for maybe 3 months, but I got serious about it at the beginning of this month. I'm currently searching for work outside of my home (because I got laid off from my company; it's been over a year of unemployment and dead end interviews) and I really want to boost my income so I don't get evicted from my home. I have nowhere to go if I'm forced out. I've only recently started to learn about scripts and mTurk forums, which I'm excited about, but I'm truly dedicated to making his a full-time job. I still have so much to learn. I'm so baffled by the individuals who've just started turking and make $150+ per week. I feel as though there is something I'm missing out on.

I'm only curious and asking sincerely.
get an irl job. do mturk and other online platforms on your days off and off hours. your situation is too unstable to rely on the internet alone to make money.

Spicy Unagi

Let the pain begin.
Reaction score
I would say go and diversify and sign up for as many work online platforms as you can so you always have work available.
Which work platforms? I'm new to all of this, so I'm trying to also trying to understand the jargon.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't do any Zoltar work right now. My state seems to get the crap end of the stick

I don't believe Zoltar is state restricted is it?

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Live Q/A about an Image (With Captions). | PANDA
Requester: Research Tasks [A1CEBF7WRZ74YK] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.21] [Fair: 4.77] [Comm: 4.38] [Fast: 4.49]
Description:
Ask or Answer questions about an image with a fellow Turker.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1544
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Goody :bucktooth:

nerofmx

Reaction score
I started turk'n when I was unemployed back in November. 3 months ago I got a great job and now I love turk'n just for fun.

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Live Q/A about an Image (With Captions). | PANDA
Requester: Research Tasks [A1CEBF7WRZ74YK] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.21] [Fair: 4.77] [Comm: 4.38] [Fast: 4.49]
Description:
Ask or Answer questions about an image with a fellow Turker.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1544
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Goody :bucktooth:
Is this HIT up regularly? I have friggin 1000 pending now and 4768 approved... I wanna try it out.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Is this HIT up regularly? I have friggin 1000 pending now and 4768 approved... I wanna try it out.
Recently regular. I haven't got a reject from them, just don't expect to make bushels of money from it.

Reactions: Nytmair

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of Media Coverage on Crime | PANDA
Requester: Dr. Russell Webster [A8DBB14OOCWP] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.50 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 4 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This study should take 15-30 minutes. After you give consent, you will participate in an online study on your computer, which will involve reading and responding to newspapers articles on crime. You will then answer some questions about yourself.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: Masters has been granted;Location is one of: US

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I'm sort of apprehensive to ask this, because I know how protective Turkers are of their work; however, I think this question isn't too bad. I wanted to know, to all the Turkers who make over $200+ per week, how long did it take for you to get to that level?

I've been turking now for maybe 3 months, but I got serious about it at the beginning of this month. I'm currently searching for work outside of my home (because I got laid off from my company; it's been over a year of unemployment and dead end interviews) and I really want to boost my income so I don't get evicted from my home. I have nowhere to go if I'm forced out. I've only recently started to learn about scripts and mTurk forums, which I'm excited about, but I'm truly dedicated to making his a full-time job. I still have so much to learn. I'm so baffled by the individuals who've just started turking and make $150+ per week. I feel as though there is something I'm missing out on.

all of the information to do 200/week is on the internet, these forums, other forums, the reddit. just keep reading.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I've never been able to access it. Maybe I'm just too low in rank? idk
It's probably just how fast they go. I think Endor's stuff is usually pretty low qual'd.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

For me It's all about consistent work every day. I like knowing how much I can assume I'll make if I put some work into it. So what I did is look for the hits I see out there every day. Some may be pennies, .02 or .05 cents. Be sure to look at TO and make sure they are not the ones who will reject easily or bad pay. Run those panda's on slow times or when you are busy with other daily stuff like eating. The more you find the more it adds up. Then you use all the resources out there like forums, scripts, chat rooms and searching on mturk itself. Don't rely on just one. Find the right times to use them. Running scripts that search for hits may not be efficient all day if you have daily panda's running. Find good times to use them like the mornings when surveys get posted. Use the forums to find things you didn't know about. Use hit monitor offline to find the good hits from good requesters without running into PRE problems. I also put my min goal low according to what those daily hits will give me. Everything else is just a topping on that min goal. Most important find the way you work the best. Don't compare to others because that might just get depressing. And don't be pressured to work on a hit if you don't feel comfortable with it.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Upload a photo of how you store wipes | PANDA
Requester: Fridge Detective [A158M1QCRSDS3] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Upload a photo of how you store wipes e.g. (wet wipes, cleaning wipes, baby wipes, facial wipes) in your household
Time: 24 hours
Qualifications: Location is US

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think alot of it comes down to work ethic. This is soul crushing. But you can do great at this like kadauchi said. But it's easy to get defeated and wanna give up.

Reactions: TobyF

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Reflections on Life Study | PANDA
Requester: MLW Institute on Aging [A3RT3QGFE7RDC0] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A 15-20 minute research study about life experiences ($.01 for brief screener, $3.00 bonus for full study)
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;Location is US

Status
Not open for further replies.