08/25 - Tortuous Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turker4hire

Reaction score
After having done hundreds of Loxes without rejection over the last few days, I did a second one today after doing one and getting rejected for shits n giggles and it got rejected too. So 100% rejection rate today for me, I guess I'm going to leave it alone which sucks cause I liked it as a filler.
I've gotten 1 rejection from Lox in 3 years. I didn't protest it, though. The day I got it, I took a phone call, and figured that I clicked the wrong box during the call.

Reactions: GTR and katarina

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
I've gotten 1 rejection from Lox in 3 years. I didn't protest it, though. The day I got it, I took a phone call, and figured that I clicked the wrong box during the call.
Yeah I thought maybe I did a whoopsie with the first hit, that's why I did the second hit. It's possible I messed up with both of them but I'm scared to do another one, these 2 rejections put me up to 12 rejections out of 45k hits done...mehhhhh

turker4hire

Reaction score
Yeah I thought maybe I did a whoopsie with the first hit, that's why I did the second hit. It's possible I messed up with both of them but I'm scared to do another one, these 2 rejections put me up to 12 rejections out of 45k hits done...mehhhhh
I wouldn't worry about 12 rejections out of 45k hits, that's a great approval rating! I have 69 rejections out of almost 48k hits.

Reactions: GTR and katarina

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Hi I haven't been around for a year and a half or so and really need to get back to turking, hoped I could ask some quick questions, 1. any one ever have luck ever changing their location with Amazon? it seemed like it was hard to make happen, 2. opinions if any real point/benefit of trying, from Colorado to Calif? 3. Curious about whether last 6 months helped or hurt Turking? 3. I remember a link here to give requesters a hint about how to put of make-up hits, by squatty I think, can't find it, anyone know where that is? I was emailed to select the hit (survey) again, don't answer anything and submit. But of course it won't let me bc I already accepted it yesterday. 4. less quick question but if anyone whats to give me a clue of anything major I missed in that time that's worth knowing, that would be awesome but not expected, Ok that's all thanks :D and hope everyone is good, and sorry I've been off too long to remember if this is likely going to be seen as a really annoying post, but I was always pretty clueless anyway :wink:
I changed my location when Amazon suspended my account like 4 years ago for address verification... so it was all on the phone where the person who finally understood what I was talking about (after 2 other attempts) agreed it was stupid that we can't change our own location completely. She had to manually update mine on the back end somewhere. I think it's a good idea to get that going so you don't get a surprise lock-out of your account like I did.

GTR

Reaction score
oh, i do remember one thing... 'real' turkers use a bottle. 😜
I'm a hardcore turker
I use a portable toilet as my desk chair
I have a mini-fridge right beside me
if someone knocks on the door, I just yell at them thru my workroom window
if I get pizza delivery, I tell the delivery person to hand it to me thru my window
so, no real need to ever leave my computer... :)

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short sets of surveys about behavior (Total duration: ~5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Shin hye Kim [A3S6V94YH9HLTX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.95] [Pay=Good] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.50] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: This study involves writing a short essay on your experience and requires your opinion on two separate surveys.
Qualifications: previous survey respondents DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

turker4hire

Reaction score
If you aren't already, be sure to read Lox's instructions whenever a new batch drops. Lox sometimes changes what they are looking for. I have seen a few different variations in the instructions on how we're supposed to rate the photos.

Reactions: katarina

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Cybersecurity Knowledge Assessment: Windows OS Pilot 1(~ 45 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Cyber Pilot [ACR9DIWUBQ7BU] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 6.00
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 43
Description: Complete a cybersecurity knowledge assessment on Windows OS containing 70 questions. Those who score in the top 5% will be eligible to receive a $2.00 bonus. Requirements: (1) have a background in cybersecurity, (2) cannot have already completed this HIT (duplicate responses will NOT be accepted/compensated).
Qualifications: TP Panel: 1989414341 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; Exc: [7166732-222922] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 75; Location In US

GTR

Reaction score
Just got a rejection from Lox...zzzzzzzzz

At least it's just one ^^
I hope you are not doing the ones that pay less than 33 cent
and those are underpaid as it is

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
If you aren't already, be sure to read Lox's instructions whenever a new batch drops. Lox sometimes changes what they are looking for. I have seen a few different variations in the instructions on how we're supposed to rate the photos.
The two that I did were 33 cents, but not from the large batch, they were tricklers, and they were mostly greater than 25 when it's usually the latter. I decided to try again and I've done 5 in this batch that just loaded and all approved. Maybe you are right, and the instructions were different. Thanks! :)

GTR

Reaction score
Just got a rejection from Lox...zzzzzzzzz

At least it's just one ^^
they have golden questions in each hit, so if you miss some of them too many times they reject
but send them a message as they have made mistakes and overturned the rejections, worth a try

GTR

Reaction score
The two that I did were 33 cents, but not from the large batch, they were tricklers, and they were mostly greater than 25 when it's usually the latter. I decided to try again and I've done 5 in this batch that just loaded and all approved. Maybe you are right, and the instructions were different. Thanks! :)
best to return the almost all greater than 25, those are bad news

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
best to return the almost all greater than 25, those are bad news
Yep I think I'm going to do that from now on, return those! I did send them a message on the rejections asking them to show me the golden questions I missed, so I could be clear on the correct answer and improve on further hits. We will see if I get a reply.

Reactions: GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.