Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Peachy @PeachyRider I was going to ask you about medical billing because didn't you do that before? I want to do billing, and then maybe coding in the future
Yeah. I worked 3 years for a medical billing company.
you need a certificate/s for coding, but it's not super hard or too long to get

you could possibly even start at a medical billing company
and then just take a coding class on the side till you get the credentials

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
more like 5 - $14.51/hr
Title: Employee Evaluation Survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SW Research [A3V0SRA0FCKG7K] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.57] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=4.75] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=4.20] [Reviews=17] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.26] [Pen=0.42 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 3600
Available: 23
Description: ~10 minutes, $1.25. You will be imagining yourself as a manager for a company and evaluating an employee. This survey has a lot of reading, so please do not take it unless you're comfortable with that.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [3314162-103027] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah. I worked 3 years for a medical billing company.
you need a certificate/s for coding, but it's not super hard or too long to get

you could possibly even start at a medical billing company
and then just take a coding class on the side till you get the credentials
That's cool! I was wondering if you'd be like "no don't do it it's terrible". Doing lots of :thinking: over here about life decisions, money, etc etc

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Website Evaluation (only native English speakers) | Accept
Requester: Patricia Böhm [A8JYSJST420B3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: You will have to complete a search task on a given website and anwer questions about the site. It takes about 15 minutes.You must be native English speaker to take the survey. If you do not carry out the search task, you assignment will not be approved.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
you may be champion in every fantasy league you take part in...
but you're now stepping in the ring... with the
PEACH. THE RIDER.
THE MYTH.
THE ICON.
the wheeling dealing MTC fantasy champion
i hope you like a slice of humble pie
because you've been playing pears your whole life
you've never had a dealing with a Peach
and that's the bottom line

I needed this lol

jan

Reaction score
Well, we just got back from the thrift store.
My sixteen year old bought some high-waisted 'Mom' jeans
and her much older Mom bought some low-waisted skinny jeans
:cool:
The times, they are a'changing.....

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
No worries, I wasn't talking about you in that post, I was talking about the people on reddit who went full mental over it. You shared an opinion in a civilized way. Nothing for you to apologize for.
I really appreciate the kind explanation :) I didn't read a lot from the reddit thread so it's possible I misunderstood what people were discussing when I got back from lunch. I thought I was being blamed for trying to start a forum war and sharing misleading information... so I feel a lot better if that isn't the case. I genuinely like mtc and everyone on it and wasn't trying to start shit :rain:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
That's cool! I was wondering if you'd be like "no don't do it it's terrible". Doing lots of :thinking: over here about life decisions, money, etc etc
honestly medical coding might be good for turkers who don't like a lot of social interaction
some companies let coders work remotely. some don't, but some do

and then people without coding credentials just do other things like inputting patients into the system, etc
lot's of data entry tasks. the company i was working at was split between that and a collection department
i was in the data entry part. the collection part would've drove me mad though.
taking calls from angry people all day. luckily the section i was in didn't take calls. it was just primarily data entry

i didn't mind working there. ofc there was typical office politics and a few coworkers i didn't like
but all in all it wasn't bad

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
honestly medical coding might be good for turkers who don't like a lot of social interaction

and then people without coding credentials just do other things like inputting patients into the system, etc
lot's of data entry tasks. the company i was working at was split between that and a collection department
taking calls from angry people all day. luckily the section i was in didn't take calls. it was just primarily data entry

i didn't mind working there. ofc there was typical office politics and a few coworkers i didn't like
It wasn't a work from home job? Office based?

Reactions: Sondi

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score

my sister in law does that, but she worked in a doctors office for several years first. Not sure how much she makes, never asked.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

When I was a kid I would fill in paperwork for fun, so it's kind of right up my alley. We have a family friend who does it and she offered to help me get started so it seems like a good thing to ramp up for when my daughter is in preschool (or a little before if I find something good).

She just got a part time salary WFH job (as a 2nd job since her original office was part time as well). I'd like to get something that's fully WFH but I don't think I'd mind escaping the house for a little bit while I learn the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.