08/19 - Foreign Film Dub Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Okay, cool. Thank you for your help. Any idea why they lock people out like that? I've never experienced that before and I've been turking for a few years. Craziness.
Google's HITs always lock you out for a set amount of time if you return any of their HITs. Not exactly sure why, I'm sure others know, but it's a thing you've got to keep in mind when doing them. More than one person has missed a tasty batch from accidentally returning a HIT.

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

ohsnap

just me
Reaction score
Okay, cool. Thank you for your help. Any idea why they lock people out like that? I've never experienced that before and I've been turking for a few years. Craziness.
Any hits from the google requesters lock you out for the duration of the timer if you return them. That includes YouTube Artists, YouTube Virals and Jamelios as well Mountains and I'm probably missing some of the google requesters on that list.

Reactions: Pleco

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

ohsnap

just me
Reaction score
Any hits from the google requesters lock you out for the duration of the timer if you return them. That includes YouTube Artists, YouTube Virals and Jamelios as well Mountains and I'm probably missing some of the google requesters on that list.
Doh! I missed Zoltars on that list. Don't return a Zoltar if you want to keep working on them.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
so if one were locked out, this would come up?

"Thank you for working on our HITs! Unfortunately, all of the remaining HITs in this project have been reserved for other workers, and there are none left for you to do. Please check again tomorrow for more HITs to be available. (You must click the "Return HIT" button now to return this HIT.)"

Or just not being able to accept.

Also, can we just give the Vacation Rental people their own thread for their silly PE's? :cigar:

ohsnap

just me
Reaction score
I'm capped and I haven't done any? is it across all google requesters? so zoltars count too?

i get blocked? or what. It's telling me that

Thank you for working on our HITs! Unfortunately, all of the remaining HITs in this project have been reserved for other workers, and there are none left for you to do. Please check again tomorrow for more HITs to be available. (You must click the "Return HIT" button now to return this HIT.)
I haven't noticed the cap applying across the different requesters. I'm not sure what went wrong that people have been capped on YouTube Artists without having done any that day.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How would I go about copying my Hit Scraper Block List onto Hit Finder?

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
55 minutes left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Reactions: Azazael

teddy

Reaction score
Title: *Females only please* Answer 3 questions for $0.05 to qualify for a $1.00 10 minute followup study! | PANDA
Requester: ESClabs [A1U8RL0GPUGR86] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.10 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.39 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.71 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.75 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 80
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Answer 3 quick questions about yourself to see if you qualify for a follow-up romantic preference survey (~10 minutes for $1.00)
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: Facial Ratings is not one of: 1, 2, 3; Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is one of: AU, CA, GB, NZ, US

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm capped and I haven't done any? is it across all google requesters? so zoltars count too?

i get blocked? or what. It's telling me that

Thank you for working on our HITs! Unfortunately, all of the remaining HITs in this project have been reserved for other workers, and there are none left for you to do. Please check again tomorrow for more HITs to be available. (You must click the "Return HIT" button now to return this HIT.)
i was under the impression that it was based on each specific batch (separate caps for mountain, zoltar, yta etc) daily, and if the same req post a different batch, there's a separate cap for it as well (like mountains today)
maybe something's just wrong with yta lately causing that, i don't know why
if you were blocked i don't think you'd even be able to accept the hit, so it's probably not that
that message you posted is indeed the lock out message, though, so you can't work on any more for now

Yuk

Reaction score
How would I go about copying my Hit Scraper Block List onto Hit Finder?
You just copy what's in your HitScraper blocklist and paste it after clicking "Import" on the bottom of the blocklist menu on finder. It's coded to accept the format that hitscraper uses for its block and include lists

Status
Not open for further replies.