08/18 - The Throttlers Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
The weirder, the better. :) I also consider myself to be somewhat of a nerd, so we do have some things in common, definitely.

Pleco @Pleco Totally. :wink: However, I think you have nothing to worry about there. Me, on the other hand... I can be funny (sometimes) , but definitely not quickly enough to be considered witty.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have a little. I was actually part of a mindfulness study through MTurk, which I genuinely enjoyed. Big fan of meditation in general. I've also looked into ASMR. I've never been officially diagnosed with OCD, but I don't need to be. I absolutely have it. Mild compared to a lot of people, but yeah.
Mindfulness is super important. Consider looking into it during downtime to see if it's something you want to explore even further. And no shame in OCD, doesn't make you any less of a good person. :)

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
It means you are not boring and don't like settling for one thing. That's an attractive trait. You should own up to it.
I like to think I'm a jack of all trades and want to get the most of out life and all it has to offer.

But people still look down on stuff and think some hobbies are weird. I used to care about that criticism but I don't now. Doesn't change that some things are "nerdy" but if I wanted to classify it better I'm just passionate about a lot of stuff.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Cosmic Tingles is pretty good, who's your favorite ASMR artist?
Oh boy. Ummm, I used to really like Heather Feather but she stopped posting videos for a while. Amalzd was pretty good but kind of the same thing. GwenGwiz, Cosmic Tingles, (fe) male ASMR, and mixed ASMR are my go-to's right now.

Reactions: Pleco

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Mindfulness is super important. Consider looking into it during downtime to see if it's something you want to explore even further. And no shame in OCD, doesn't make you any less of a good person. :)
Been dealing with my OCD for a long time. It really is pretty mild compared to a lot of people's, but mine is based on gory images. I have to avoid them at all costs. I also have something like a photographic memory, so literally every horrible thing (real) I've ever seen gets stuck in my head and plays in a slideshow of horror when something triggers me. Thankfully, I can mostly deal with it. My only obsession is counting syllables. Could be way, way worse.

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I grew up with these. They're superior to M&M's in every way, IMO, so it's difficult for me to say that M&M's are really any better than anything.

M&M's has better mascots.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
W @WalkingEmphasis , take a look at this and see if it relaxes you a little. :)
Can you explain this to me, please? Because I don't get it. I see these things all over the place now, and I seriously just do not know what the point is. All I know is that the sounds coming out of them are often like the most infuriating sounds ever, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.