08/17 - Finally Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have 32GB RAM on this PC and Chrome is using over 6 GB of it right now! I also have over 30 tabs open but have not ran into the MTS issue being discussed.
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)
30 tabs, 6gb sounds about right, with chrome. But, the MTS instance isn't drawing significantly more than any other, right?

Reactions: KillMoles

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I really think it's a Chrome issue. Some people have been having issues since that update on the 8th. But, I'm no rocket surgeon.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It must be a hit or miss thing. Because I've only got 4gb of RAM and haven't noticed any significant changes. It runs as it always has, for the most part. But, I also am only running 3 chrome tabs and basically nothing else, on that pc. Has anyone let Kadauchi @Kadauchi know that there may be an issue?
I'm not even sure it's MTS causing it. It's definitely chrome, but the task manager in Chrome is only showing MTS using 44 megs. But I think it's only showing physical memory use and not virtual, and I'm not sure how much load it's adding onto each tab of mturk that's open

Committed is the page file. It drops back to around 4 gigs if I close Chrome

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Short survey, 3 questions, ~1 minute, 10 cent payment | Accept
Requester: Berkeley Social Psych Research [A3DH72TURNMNOX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.32] [Pay=3.36] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.06] [Fast=4.75] [Comm=4.20] [Fair=4.75] [Reviews=32] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 3600
Available: 48
Description: Short survey, 3 questions, ~1 minute, 10 cent payment
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: coffee.cup

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It must be a hit or miss thing. Because I've only got 4gb of RAM and haven't noticed any significant changes. It runs as it always has, for the most part. But, I also am only running 3 chrome tabs and basically nothing else, on that pc. Has anyone let Kadauchi @Kadauchi know that there may be an issue?
I know of 1 edge case that causes lag but most of you shouldn't be able to trigger it. MTS is pretty much in maintenance mode until I finish up learning some new stuff and practicing with it a bit. My best guess is mid Oct with the pace I've been progressing between work and such. But if anyone else want to contribute to MTS and fix it they are welcome to.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I really think it's a Chrome issue. Some people have been having issues since that update on the 8th. But, I'm no rocket surgeon.
chrome has become a true resource hog

Reactions: Jerami and Starslip

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm not even sure it's MTS causing it. It's definitely chrome, but the task manager in Chrome is only showing MTS using 44 megs. But I think it's only showing physical memory use and not virtual, and I'm not sure how much load it's adding onto each tab of mturk that's open

Committed is the page file. It drops back to around 4 gigs if I close Chrome
Probably Chrome, but is that the only MTS instance? There would be one for the background and then 1 for each HF/HC/HT open. MTurk tabs should be 100% unaffected by MTS even if its lagging since I think everything is async now. Though the MTS elements would lag.

Reactions: Starslip and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I know of 1 edge case that causes lag but most of you shouldn't be able to trigger it. MTS is pretty much in maintenance mode until I finish up learning some new stuff and practicing with it a bit. My best guess is mid Oct with the pace I've been progressing between work and such. But if anyone else want to contribute to MTS and fix it they are welcome to.
Thanks pal. I'm not having any issues and I'm honestly thinking it's because I run a lot less stuff on this pc. I also think there may be an issue with the most recent chrome update. I don't think it's MTS but, just wanted to make you aware that some others were having issues.:) Thanks for checking in. Yay learning!:)

Reactions: Kadauchi

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
30 tabs, 6gb sounds about right, with chrome. But, the MTS instance isn't drawing significantly more than any other, right?
No, whichever one is focused uses a little more CPU but I suppose that's normal. Nothing odd with memory at all.

Reactions: Jerami

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Probably Chrome, but is that the only MTS instance? There would be one for the background and then 1 for each HF/HC/HT open. MTurk tabs should be 100% unaffected by MTS even if its lagging since I think everything is async now. Though the MTS elements would lag.
Yeah, I'm mostly using it for the mturk ID paste features and HT, I don't have HF or HC open. If I open HT I get a second one but it doesn't really jump much

Reactions: Jerami and Kadauchi

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Don't need much more than that for a business pc. I don't lag at all. I also don't run 30 tabs for no reason, or game. I stream media on a different pc. I just got these 2 computers last month and they had 4gb. So that's what they still have, until I feel a real need or find a really good deal. i3 3.5ghz w/4gb ram and onboard video is all you need to turk. Even less and you can get by.

Why? Do you think more is necessary?

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry Kadauchi @Kadauchi
It's panda crazy that leaks on me.

I run a linux system, so my situation probably differs from most, no problems from MTS.

Last edited:
Reactions: cb456 and Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.