Title: mturk-plot-classification | Accept
Requester: richard traunmüller [A3ETICG11YFVYA] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.03
Duration: 86400
Available: 18
Description: A classification exercise to determine the type of a statistical plot
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
These have a low hourly but are approving instantly, in case anyone needs numbers.[/td][/tr]
that gives me a headache for some reason.

fragments

Reaction score
Grandma's car got stolen yesterday afternoon and has left me so distracted from turking the last two days. Sadly it was an old car worth nothing and we have no way to really help her. :( This week has been hard.

Reactions: Minx2121

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Grandma's car got stolen yesterday afternoon and has left me so distracted from turking the last two days. Sadly it was an old car worth nothing and we have no way to really help her. :( This week has been hard.
and insurance isn't doing anything?

fragments

Reaction score
and insurance isn't doing anything?
Her car wasn't worth more than $1500. She has a $500 deductible, so she would end up with $1000 in her pocket. She's disabled and can barely afford to survive, (thus the cheap old car) so another car is out of the question without a miracle.

egryan1

Reaction score
Her car wasn't worth more than $1500. She has a $500 deductible, so she would end up with $1000 in her pocket. She's disabled and can barely afford to survive, (thus the cheap old car) so another car is out of the question without a miracle.
Having never had to make a insurance claim I am curious do you have to pay the deductible before the cut you the check or will just deduct from the amount they give you

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to post an image on the site to save my F'ing life. I post the image link and it just gives me a broken image every time.
When you are posting a hit, use the direct link for the image stored in Imgur. At the top of the box you are typing in there is the little picture icon, you click on that and paste the link from imgur in there. I think it is the 3rd link down on imgur.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Having never had to make a insurance claim I am curious do you have to pay the deductible before the cut you the check or will just deduct from the amount they give you
you have to pay the first [deductible total] and they cover anything after

In the event of a loss, such as your car being totaled (repairs being more than kelley blue book value), or theft, they take the KBB value, and subtract your deductible, and send that to you. you then have to remove that car from your insurance policy, but most places should do that as a matter of policy, if you ask me

egryan1

Reaction score
you have to pay the first [deductible total] and they cover anything after

In the event of a loss, such as your car being totaled (repairs being more than kelley blue book value), or theft, they take the KBB value, and subtract your deductible, and send that to you. you then have to remove that car from your insurance policy, but most places should do that as a matter of policy, if you ask me
That sucks then if you don't have the money for the deductible :(

fragments

Reaction score
That is an option, but even with $1000, there won't be a car in the future for my grandmother.

egryan1

Reaction score
That is an option, but even with $1000, there won't be a car in the future for my grandmother.
Yea thats really a bummer, I was thinking depending on the area and who you know you might be able to get something usable for a little more then that. Not sure had my care for 10 years so haven't had to do the used car shopping thing in a long time

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
That sucks then if you don't have the money for the deductible :(
if you have to get a repair, yes.
people often get higher deductibles because their premium will be smaller.
in the case of a total loss, they take the value and subtract the deductible, so you don't pay anything out of pocket..

Reactions: DareAngel3

egryan1

Reaction score
if you have to get a repair, yes.
in the case of a total loss, they take the value and subtract the deductible, so you don't pay anything out of pocket..
Gotcha

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, hey, today I passed 100,000 HITs approved. :wine:
I feel like such a failure,lol

Also, my pc keeps updating constantly all day long, or rather, it keeps telling me it is going to update every few hours. I tell it to go ahead and again in a few hours, another pop up. I'm so sick of this, time to get another apple.

Reaction score
I think you need comprehensive though to cover theft, and I'm sure your insurance will take their sweet time investigating it. I worked with insurance companies in a body shop and you quickly learn which companies care about their customers.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I feel like such a failure,lol

Also, my pc keeps updating constantly all day long, or rather, it keeps telling me it is going to update every few hours. I tell it to go ahead and again in a few hours, another pop up. I'm so sick of this, time to get another apple.
Mine surprised me and updated when I walked back in the door from running errands. I watched it shut down and saw the blue screen of neverending configuration start. I just decided to start cooking dinner an hour early lol. Once it came back up, my Firefox had to update, too :facepalm:

Reactions: stuffalleysays

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Rate your personality (< 30 min) | Accept
Requester: Erin Buckels [A1OQ3WVL4FGQBF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.11] [Fast=4.56] [Comm=3.60] [Fair=4.50] [Reviews=21] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.00] [Pen=0.33 days] [Res=50%] [Rec=0%] [Rej=2] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 45
Description: In this 30 minute survey, you will rate your personality traits and be asked some personal questions about your relationships and leisure time activities.
Qualifications: Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
This was really bubbly, but around 8 minutes.[/td][/tr]

Minx2121

Reaction score
I've been doing Christmas shopping with my mturk money. Is that wrong to do in August? It will feel so right in December when I am done with that hated task.
Sounds like a good idea to me :p

Reactions: cb456
Status
Not open for further replies.