08/15 - We'll miss ya Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and most solar stocks have been down this past month, probably due to relations with china, since most of our solar products are made there, and trades are becoming increasingly difficult.

two weeks ago one of my exports to CH was rejected because of a new department that hadn't existed when I shipped it; I didn't follow their policy becuase it hadn't existed when I shipped.
That'd be an issue too but this company is notorious for anytime they spend money on anything customers get these "bizarrely high bills that double from the same time the year before"

And their response is generally "pay it or we'll shut it off, don't like it? fuck you you have no options"

Reactions: TwilightMashery

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: COMPLETE A SURVEY ABOUT COMMUNICATION AND CURRENT ISSUES | Accept
Requester: Center for Media Engagement [A1GFR8HDSRKCK1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.32] [Pay=2.88] [Fast=null] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.27] [Fast=3.69] [Comm=1.80] [Fair=4.13] [Reviews=33] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about online communication, news, and current issues
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

TwilightMashery

Reaction score
somebody maybe spliced into your electric line and stole it and now you are paying for it?
I do live in the hood, but the electric is normal... its the 650$ in gas that I am worried about. Like the average usage for a home in July is 0 therms and apparently I used 22!! They are acting like its totally normal... I forgot to add that last month is was 550 and they said they hadn't read our meter in a year and they would fix it. Well, now they say, OH< WE FIXED IT< and YOU USED IT< TOO BAD. It makes no sense. I just moved in in MAY. This is crazy. its more than my rent. But, What about what they said last month? they won't even acknowledge that.

TwilightMashery

Reaction score
Your electric company does your gas?

If they changed anything recently like how they get their power that'd be why....here the power company just built a new million dollar solar field you can drive by and see just these massive panels in a field that is huge.

Shockingly it's been hot this year and everyone's bill has skyrocketed....it's simple math what really happened is they went "well because it's 100 everyday throw on some extra money to pay for this solar field".
Yeah its Rochester Gas and Electric... I guess thats all I have been used to most of my life living here - there is ZERO competition.

egryan1

Reaction score
Title: Consumer Choice Survey(~ 9 minutes) | Accept
Requester: D Dixon [A38UHGLNM3S1HN] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.50] [Pay=4.17] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.74] [Fast=4.89] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.20] [Reviews=28] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 1800
Available: 23
Description: A survey about consumer decision-making.
Qualifications: Exc: [1257029435-102296] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) LessThanOrEqualTo 99; TP Panel: 234912493 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: WowyGirl

TwilightMashery

Reaction score
Yeah its Rochester Gas and Electric... I guess thats all I have been used to most of my life living here - there is ZERO competition.
Furthermore, the only gas I have used is probably to heat hot water - and I don't use that much, and I am the only person in this house who has an unusual bill.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Furthermore, the only gas I have used is probably to heat hot water - and I don't use that much, and I am the only person in this house who has an unusual bill.
I have the same situation where the only thing in my house that uses gas is my hot water heater. I have 4 people and my last bill was 32 dollars, and about 24 dollars of that bill is the fee for being connected that you always get, keep that in mind.

cassius

Reaction score
I do live in the hood, but the electric is normal... its the 650$ in gas that I am worried about. Like the average usage for a home in July is 0 therms and apparently I used 22!! They are acting like its totally normal... I forgot to add that last month is was 550 and they said they hadn't read our meter in a year and they would fix it. Well, now they say, OH< WE FIXED IT< and YOU USED IT< TOO BAD. It makes no sense. I just moved in in MAY. This is crazy. its more than my rent. But, What about what they said last month? they won't even acknowledge that.
Bad neighborhood could equal gas leak. that is something they do constantly check here. Probably a law and most likely need to with all of the construction going on. I know one empty house where they found a leak and shut off the gas.

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Investment Study (url] | [url="https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3HHMCOI47D9TFLPE1SUV02ODIOSVSM/tasks/accept_random"]Accept

Requester: Nicole [A2M4Q3FWTNIPYQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.00] [Pay=4.75] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Description: Read some information about a company and provide judgments
Qualifications: CMW Investment Study Participant DoesNotExist ; CMW Study Participant (2) DoesNotExist ; CMW Study Participant (3) DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/url][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3HHMCOI47D9TFLPE1SUV02ODIOSVSM/tasks[/td][/tr]

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Classification of 45 political tweets(~ 12 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Rasmus Skytte [A3SPFFG0VZHMLG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.19] [Pay=4.20] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.76] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=29] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.65
Duration: 2400
Available: 67
Description: In this survey, you will first be asked a number of background questions about yourself. Afterwards, you will be presented to the actual task and asked to rate 45 tweets made by American members of Congress. The task takes approximately 12 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Exc: [-1206864262-102297] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

12:30

Last edited:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Mike Le Pelley for work related to 3OYHVNTV5TJ1T31XBW0OSFQWGD9KOS.
The value of your bonus is: $4.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus for completing second session of HIT 'Detecting targets in streams of images'. Please note there was an error in the website which meant that it showed 0 points at the end for all participants. However, we have recorded the actual number of points that you earned, and the additional bonuses of $3 will be awarded based on this correct number (in around one week, when all participants have finished the experiment). Thanks again for taking part, we appreciate it - Mike Le Pelley

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Gabriel Goldenberg for work related to 39XCQ6V3KYV95QLTRYR2JWQRZX7568.
The value of your bonus is: $1.30 USD

The Requester included this note:
Hello,
Thanks for suggesting good names for our ecom reviews website naming HIT.
Name suggestions - $1.04
Apology for delay with bonus - $0.26 .

Regards
Gabriel
p.s. If you do TurkOpticon reviews, a review would be appreciated.

This is awesome getting an extra bonus for a delay. I'll have to figure out the review thing.
Also, have you noticed we can do a survey for $2 and be like cool. Or a survey for $1 and get a $1 bonus and be like "Wahoooooo!"
Also, Good Morning!

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 20 minute academic survey with $2 completion award. | Accept
Requester: Labor Experiment20 [A1F9YCOYH0B6A4] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 4800
Description: You will be asked to complete an academic survey. Your eligibility to participate in this survey may depend on your participation in a prior HIT by this requester. You can check your eligibility by completing the first page of the survey. Thank you!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.