08/15 - We'll miss ya Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightMashery

Reaction score
Yesterday was a disaster for me, I argued with the electric company for 2 hours about a bill (they won't admit that its kinda strange that $650 in gas charges when I have only lived here since May 1st and never turned the heat on, do no have a gas stove, or a dryer--- basically they told me to sue them, so I feel I am going to have to take this to my landlord. I already created a vent post on reddit, but this is crazy to me) --- So it kinda ruined my day and I didn't work at all... how was Tuesday? Happy Wednesday!

Reactions: cb456 and Minx2121

cassius

Reaction score
Yesterday was a disaster for me, I argued with the electric company for 2 hours about a bill (they won't admit that its kinda strange that $650 in gas charges when I have only lived here since May 1st and never turned the heat on, do no have a gas stove, or a dryer--- basically they told me to sue them, so I feel I am going to have to take this to my landlord. I already created a vent post on reddit, but this is crazy to me) --- So it kinda ruined my day and I didn't work at all... how was Tuesday? Happy Wednesday!
somebody maybe spliced into your electric line and stole it and now you are paying for it?

Reactions: TwilightMashery

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't know. the 2018 welcome letter posts the first day, the scheduled time, and mostly focuses on lunch/breakfast times.
kids are allowed to eat in their first class, which is kinda neat

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
somebody maybe spliced into your electric line and stole it and now you are paying for it?
some of these utility companies mix up which meter goes to which house/business.
they were talking about it all day on the radio yesterday, because some guy paid for his neighbors (family of four) and they paid for him (single retiree) for many years

Reactions: Minx2121

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I really don't know. the 2018 welcome letter posts the first day, the scheduled time, and mostly focuses on lunch/breakfast times.
kids are allowed to eat in their first class, which is kinda neat
That is wonderful!

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rate the quality of speech audio samples. Earn $0.95 in 9 minute | Accept
Requester: Michael Picheny [A3FAN7M50UVBU4] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.95
Duration: 900
Available: 2
Description: Listen to English speech samples and rate their quality following our detailed instructions
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your electric company does your gas?

If they changed anything recently like how they get their power that'd be why....here the power company just built a new million dollar solar field you can drive by and see just these massive panels in a field that is huge.

Shockingly it's been hot this year and everyone's bill has skyrocketed....it's simple math what really happened is they went "well because it's 100 everyday throw on some extra money to pay for this solar field".

Reactions: TwilightMashery

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
That is wonderful!
yea, and they say that "those who opt into eating at home can work on the teacher planned lessons during first period without eating at school"

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
yea, and they say that "those who opt into eating at home can work on the teacher planned lessons during first period without eating at school"
So, eating at home and watching videos all day it is!

Edit - I read this wrong, I thought you meant that the kids got to help plan the lesson, but I guess they just get to do work....

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
some of these utility companies mix up which meter goes to which house/business.
they were talking about it all day on the radio yesterday, because some guy paid for his neighbors (family of four) and they paid for him (single retiree) for many years
could be. i learned the lesson however when i moved in here 11 years ago and it was being stolen by the crack house across the street. funny thing is the neighborhood was heading toward gentrification where it's at now. but the diehards aren't leaving. the rent's just going up.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Your electric company does your gas?

If they changed anything recently like how they get their power that'd be why....here the power company just built a new million dollar solar field you can drive by and see just these massive panels in a field that is huge.

Shockingly it's been hot this year and everyone's bill has skyrocketed....it's simple math what really happened is they went "well because it's 100 everyday throw on some extra money to pay for this solar field".
and most solar stocks have been down this past month, probably due to relations with china, since most of our solar products are made there, and trades are becoming increasingly difficult.

two weeks ago one of my exports to CH was rejected because of a new department that hadn't existed when I shipped it; I didn't follow their policy becuase it hadn't existed when I shipped.

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 8 min Consumer Surveys | Accept
Requester: Daniel He [A3VZZQE99VE14D] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Please answer the questions described in the survey
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: 4ourfuture
Status
Not open for further replies.