08/14 - Torturous Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
The Seymour/Columbus area.
I was going from VA - > WI with a friend and a horse trailer and our radial belts in the tire on the trailer blew out in seymour. lovely town to break down in. everyone was nice, it was easy to find a farm to overnight horses and ourselves and we had a fab breakfast in town while the tire was replaced quickly.

cassius

Reaction score
I was going from VA - > WI with a friend and a horse trailer and our radial belts in the tire on the trailer blew out in seymour. lovely town to break down in. everyone was nice, it was easy to find a farm to overnight horses and ourselves and we had a fab breakfast in town while the tire was replaced quickly.
Good to know people are still friendly around here. My parents years ago hired a farm worker who had just left his Amish home. Years after that , because they treated him relatively well, our home became the diversion for traveling Amish families. There were times in the morning when dad would go out to the barn in the summer and see he'd had visitors. The Amish would stop, water and feed their horses as they traveled wherever they were going. they brought their own feed and used his water troughs. He'd notice first the gate had been moved, cows are in pasture in summer, then saw the tracks and oats in the feed troughs. Then he knew what happened. I think he was quietly pleased that they trusted him so much to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.