08/13 - Mochi Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I am now up to 10 rejections from the Rose HITS and she has not replied to either of my two inquiries. :banghead: Really, I can't imagine what I did to merit these rejections.:cry:
Any decent requester will respond to an inquiry and explain what you did wrong to help you improve. This requester could be shit.

Last week I did 5 hits for Gideon Larionov and dude rejected everything I did with random reasons. Some requesters just absolutely suck and are out to scam you for free data.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
I am now up to 10 rejections from the Rose HITS and she has not replied to either of my two inquiries. :banghead: Really, I can't imagine what I did to merit these rejections.:cry:
Always sucks to get rejected and then radio silence but 10 rejections is nothing. When you get to a big number of hits completed, not even 500 rejections could put a dent in your approval rate.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
If it's for the same $5 juror HIT I did yesterday, it has a lot of reading.
I ended up not being able to do it, because some button it wanted me to hover over was not there. So, I hit the arrow and that took me to the decision. I did email them, seeing if they have a link that works. I like those juror hits.

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
I ended up not being able to do it, because some button it wanted me to hover over was not there. So, I hit the arrow and that took me to the decision. I did email them, seeing if they have a link that works. I like those juror hits.
The controls didn't appear for me until the whole pdf file completed loading very slowly.

Reactions: Kennedy

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Imho, I'm sure you aren't overreacting because, obviously, you are taking the time to think about what decision you'd make. I'm also sure that this is bothering you more than you'd think it should but, understandably. Names, be they our own or of the people we care about, are important to us personally, in a way other people don't feel because they have their own list of names that's important for them. That said, is it ground for firing?, probably not. Is it cause for concern?, absolutely. Because the name they are getting wrong is their boss, this can lead to inconsistency with customers and can also be seen as a disrespect issue, barring the possibility that the employee doesn't have a learning disability(dislexia springs to mind) or an anxiety issue that you are unaware of, or a name that is VERY difficult. My suggestion would be to treat it as if the employee were saying the name of a product wrong. This may help to remove the emotion from your decisions. They obviously couldn't sell a product if they can't pronounce it. Rather than correcting it on the fly as it happens, take the time to sit down with them and tell them that the boss' name is as important as any other part of the job, and it's correct pronunciation is a requisite. If, on the off chance that the name is unusual or hard to say for some people, maybe a more formal title for the boss, like Mrs. Smith, would be easier. That's what I would say if you'd like to make it work out. Of course, this is only an opinion and if the other red flags are worse than this, it may not be a great fit for either employee or employer.
This gives me food for thought. My biggest concern is using it wrong with our clients/tenants/owners. I mean, they KNOW the boss's name, and if she is using a different name they have no clue who she is talking about. It also does not inspire confidence if an employee cannot even get the name of the person who writes her paychecks correct. I know I'd be worried about someone who was handling one of my most important assets and she could not even remember her boss's name.

I may give it another week or so then ask my mom that it is important she gets the name correct to reduce confusion for our clients/tenants/owners/vendors.

There are other issues as you said, and maybe that is why this bugs me, as it is another indication of rushing and not taking a second tor two to think about something before taking action. We are handling some extremely valuable assets for other people, and they literally pay us to do that carefully, methodically, legally, and to their financial benefit.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Always sucks to get rejected and then radio silence but 10 rejections is nothing. When you get to a big number of hits completed, not even 500 rejections could put a dent in your approval rate.
I have only just cleared 10K so these are making a difference, worse, by my count, there are still potentially 50 more on the way!

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: University Slider Task Experiment - MUST READ PREVIEW BEFORE ACCEPTING! | Accept
Requester: Suvrat [A2XE10B29NALH6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$32.48] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.33] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 2700
Available: 1
Description: This experiment studies attention. Participants will play a slider task for 20 minutes to receive up to $8 based on their performance on the task.
Qualifications: Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: SCOTTM and MarkC

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
3:15 (brief writing section)

Title: Consumer Decision-Making Survey | Accept
Requester: Jessica Keech [AKRJFTUUSHGU3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=15.00] [Pen=0.13 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Description: This is a short survey on how long you choose to hold onto some of the possessions you own.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Chunking (~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Samuel Gershman [A1NLXULMPXG1OY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.05] [Pay=4.28] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.11] [Fast=4.86] [Comm=4.48] [Fair=4.98] [Reviews=102] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.24] [Pen=0.44 days] [Res=50%] [Rec=95%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 1800
Description: survey
Qualifications: Exc: [102620-102031] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

wascal wabbit

Drunken Spelunker
Contributor
Reaction score
I have only just cleared 10K so these are making a difference, worse, by my count, there are still potentially 50 more on the way!
You need to be more conservative in that case then. Work according to your stats. Risk when you can but never expose yourself. Its an unfortunate reality of MTurk. I have 480 that I can risk, after 46000 HITs with 16 rejections. Kinda low.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.