08/13 - Mochi Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question for you non turk related but I know y'all will give valuable answers.

We had to hire a new employee. This Wednesday will be three weeks since she started. She is unable to call her boss (my mom) by the correct first name. She comes up with some *variation* of the name but rarely the actual correct first name. I have corrected her several times.

Is it wrong of me to think that by now she should be crystal clear on what her boss's name is? She uses it incorrectly when addressing my mom and also when talking to clients/tenants/vendors, etc.

I have other concerns with her that make me wonder if she is going to work out, but this one really bugs me. Am I overreacting?
I do not think you're overreacting. I'm awful remembering names, but I will 100% always remember the name of a boss or someone "Above" me. That's a big 'ol red flag IMHO.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
anyone have the panda for the Siddharth Suri hit?

jmr

Reaction score
Different hits with different quals. Requester search is best way to find yours
wow, i literally got in and was in the middle of filling out the attention check for the instructions when it popped up and told me it was full already. not bothering trying to get in again, waste of time especially since the "money paid for your time" was supposed to be $1 each and now is only 10cents

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question for you non turk related but I know y'all will give valuable answers.

We had to hire a new employee. This Wednesday will be three weeks since she started. She is unable to call her boss (my mom) by the correct first name. She comes up with some *variation* of the name but rarely the actual correct first name. I have corrected her several times.

Is it wrong of me to think that by now she should be crystal clear on what her boss's name is? She uses it incorrectly when addressing my mom and also when talking to clients/tenants/vendors, etc.

I have other concerns with her that make me wonder if she is going to work out, but this one really bugs me. Am I overreacting?
What's her name? Is it something other people have had trouble saying before?

I don't think you are overreacting. In my opinion, she's either not paying attention, doesn't care or is using it as a power play in some way. Particularly when said to customers, it's disrespectful. None of which are ideal things for a new employee to be doing.

I'd get her boss (your mom) not you. to give her a strict rule on it. And a definite time to be 100% error free by. If she doesn't see the seriousness of it by then, then bye bye.

Reactions: Despairagus

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
nothing coming up :(
I caught it for the second time. Waiting in lobby again... 1/3... not too hopeful. They've been in the chat a lot and PMíng about things so hopefully it gets ironed out but... who knows.

Reactions: themildone

jmr

Reaction score
I caught it for the second time. Waiting in lobby again... 1/3... not too hopeful. They've been in the chat a lot and PMíng about things so hopefully it gets ironed out but... who knows.
good luck! i was booted within 30 seconds trying to fill out the "quiz" and was told it was full

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
good luck! i was booted within 30 seconds trying to fill out the "quiz" and was told it was full
I've been waiting 8 minutes for 2 more players to show up. Not hopeful.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
They go fast when they come up. This was the best way to catch it for me anyway since I didn't know which hit I was qualled for.
i got one, thanks :)

Reactions: nana

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
oh no, can you DM me the link you have from the HIT?
No experiments available
There are currently no available experiement. Please wait until an experiment becomes available or come back at a later date.

so do I return the HIT or wait and keep trying to see if something opens up?

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
What's her name? Is it something other people have had trouble saying before?

I don't think you are overreacting. In my opinion, she's either not paying attention, doesn't care or is using it as a power play in some way. Particularly when said to customers, it's disrespectful. None of which are ideal things for a new employee to be doing.

I'd get her boss (your mom) not you. to give her a strict rule on it. And a definite time to be 100% error free by. If she doesn't see the seriousness of it by then, then bye bye.
It is one that isn't super common, and people can mess it up the first time or two, but no one has consistently messed it up for almost three weeks. She keeps using names like Lorraine and Eleanor, neither of which are the actual name.

To me it screams inattention to detail and flat out not caring enough about your job. as Despairagus @Despairagus said earlier, knowing the name of your boss is kind of crucial and is a red flag.

My heart is sinking as I don't want to go through another hiring process and she has some good points, but there are a few red flags that make me think we might soon be seeking another employee (e.g., we have told her several times to NOT take any actions on work orders or sending people out without checking with us first since she is new, still in training, and we don't do everything exactly the same every time and until she has been here a little longer please run things past us first so she can learn. She cannot seem to do that. I do admire her willingness to work independently, but honestly, she has to CHECK with us as every client could have a different scenario.)

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Annnnd no one showed up for mine again. :frustrated:

I think I'll go ahead and take my $7 PE and call it a day (or at least go play games for a few hours.)

Good luck everyone! See ya later... maybe.
I want to show up but unfortunately they post at a really bad time for me at work. I thought I might be able to but nope...ugh. Now I feel guilty doing that first hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.