08/02 - Torrential Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Torrential is right.
-Hail, and trees attacking me on my way home. Torrential rain, and mild panic attacks.
-Someone showed up before I got home, Husband was in the shower, the 14yo and the 9 yo couldn't think to ask why she was there with a clipboard and a camera. So I was teeming, because we've had ridiculous zoning complaints in the past. But the zoning guy, is well a guy. But as I was checking out my bucket garden, (plants in five gallon buckets on the side of my driveway, it's the Husband's thing, we have an acre and a half, I don't get why not just make a garden in the back other than it's easier to check on, but still labor intensive.) But I digress. While checking for damage, it occurs to me, that my tomato plants, in the buckets, the same plants the 9yo said this woman was taking pictures of, could be mistaken for pot plants.
I'd really hate to think this is the case, but, I live in the midwest. Two houses from a church. And I have a Pride flag hanging from my porch.....
I'm hoping this is the case. So this woman has to go back and tell them it's tomato plants.
But how boss does one have to be to actually grow weed in their driveway on a Class A truck route?

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of making the vegetarian version of the chili my son loves so much (which starts with dry beans!). All I need to do is leave out the ground beef! He'll never notice if I toss in some barley.

I don't like chili, so I won't eat it, but I know my son would love it.
If you toss in lentils, and cook them as long as the other dried beans, they break down and give an illusion of meat too :D

Reactions: tricker and Sybaris

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Be a (Mock) Juror on a Real Case and Get Paid for It-----------------(Rob-WD)(~ 50 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.76] [Pay=4.25] [Fast=3.33] [Comm=2.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.44] [Fast=3.05] [Comm=2.27] [Fair=3.10] [Reviews=65] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.16] [Pen=3.83 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=83%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 7.50
Duration: 7200
Available: 2
Description: You will read, watch video, answer questions about yourself, and render a verdict. Your work will inform a real case.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1495915926-100487] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Haven't seen them in a while

Reactions: Michele and Kennedy

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a quick survey, and then make a single decision involving a gamble | Accept
Requester: Emmanouil Konstantinidis [A42I2NRCWUHDS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.08] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=8] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 900
Available: 1
Description: You will first answer a quick demographic survey. You will then be asked to consider two gambles and answer a subsequent question.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your intention to adopt self-service technology in casual dining restaurant | Accept
Requester: Redha Widarsyah [A28E2ZNIC69Z82] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3600
Description: Give use your reasonings for and against self-service technology's adoption in casual dining restaurant
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
If you toss in lentils, and cook them as long as the other dried beans, they break down and give an illusion of meat too :D
That's RIGHT! You told me this once before!! Thank you for the reminder. I'm going to throw in lentils.

Now I'm stoked and need to check my bean stash to make sure I have enough :)

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
While they aren't always worth it just respect to time = money... I really do enjoy these.
I know, I don't think so either, but I could use the $7.50. It seems like they used to pay more in general for the same or less time.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
That's RIGHT! You told me this once before!! Thank you for the reminder. I'm going to throw in lentils.

I forget who all I've told, I get really excited and tell everyone b/c it's so yummy :ROFL:

Sybaris

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

lentils are kinda magic in that they're both a bit meaty and are one of the few beans you can cook right away rather than soak. As an aside, I've never had stomach issues using the water the beans are soaked in for my soaps and such and always find it's far better flavor than rinsing.

Sybaris

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
lentils are kinda magic in that they're both a bit meaty and are one of the few beans you can cook right away rather than soak. As an aside, I've never had stomach issues using the water the beans are soaked in for my soaps and such and always find it's far better flavor than rinsing.
*soups

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I use lentils a lot, but I forgot about the chili part.

And Hm. I've always tossed my bean soaking water. Maybe I won't this time?

Leatherass

Reaction score
Oh yes, when things are tight especially, nicely seasoned lentils( a small piece of hog jowl please) on a homemade baguette, especially if you are kinda hungry, so inexpensive and really yum
Oh and sorry for butting in :)

Reactions: tricker and Sybaris

Sybaris

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yes, when things are tight especially, nicely seasoned lentils( a small piece of hog jowl please) on a homemade baguette, especially if you are kinda hungry, so inexpensive and really yum
Not butting in at all I imagine. a good recipe or food idea is likely always welcome.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Brief survey on policies and values(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Michelle McCauley [A34PEC7TK6WDFC] Contact
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.17] [Pen=0.52 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 5400
Description: 15 minute survey on adults' opinions on current issues
Qualifications: TP Panel: 1989414341 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US; Exc: [100671-100082] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, you can't really butt in here. Especially when it's about food!!

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Identify ways in which people are treated (well/badly); NOT GRAPHIC | Accept
Requester: Sasha Winship [AKSN9VGOL3ANC] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 86400
Available: 712
Description: Read short sentences, and label the kinds of ways people are treated
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 49
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Scared Money?[/td][/tr]

Reactions: MarkC

Leatherass

Reaction score
Not butting in at all I imagine. a good recipe or food idea is likely always welcome.
Come to think of it, I have seen recipes online for lentil burgers, I have not ever ate them or tried to prepare them, but I'm writing it down on a to do list that I will almost certainly lose

Status
Not open for further replies.