07/30 - Magical Money Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
lmao gross! I've heard the best way to get something unstuck is to hold the other nostril closed and blow into their mouth. It'll come shooting out. I got to watch it happen yesterday, it was pretty funny.
sounds like a good way to burst someone's little lungs, but I'm not a doctor

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Just wait until they stuff something up their nose. It’s coming.
Semi-related story time.

When I ( and my little brothers) were little, Twin2 decided to stick a decent sized chunk of crayon in his nose. (teal) We went to the ER and they referred us to a doctor, who referred us to a doctor, who referred us to a third doctor because they had no idea how to get it out. They were recommending surgery and shit.

The third doctor pulled it out with tweezers and made fun of the other doctors.

mine ate half a cigarrete my mom left sitting out once...poison control said to watch if he started turning yellow or getting extremely fatigued. It was around his bedtime so that was kind of hard to determine. He was fine, but it scared the hell out of me.
Second semi related story time.

When willow was super little (I think she'd just learned to walk) we went to this shelter for a christmas dinner thing, they had poinsettia centerpiece things and gave them away when every thing was done. We set it in the back seat next to the monster and when we got home found that she'd eaten a handful of the leaves.

We freaked out and called poison control and the lady laughed and said it was only poisonous to animals.

I also ate more cigarettes than I'd like to admit at various times when I was a child.

Morning turkeys

Bokamo

Reaction score
Title: Consumer choices(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Laura Boman [AXK0K5S6YYUZ2] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.51] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 720
Available: 1
Description: survey
Qualifications: Exc: [-1425657010-99591] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Dutchy

Lion's Dimension
Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning! Some of you might remember me from a long time ago. Here's what I've been up to:
  • Working on really cool stuff with my union (including helping families with the current political miasma, i won't go into it further than that)
  • Got some money going, money mostly gone away, here I am
  • Am going back to school
  • Am going to be an english tutor in the fall
But here I am! Glad to be back to making cash with your lovely faces :)

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Good morning! Some of you might remember me from a long time ago. Here's what I've been up to:
  • Working on really cool stuff with my union (including helping families with the current political miasma, i won't go into it further than that)
  • Got some money going, money mostly gone away, here I am
  • Am going back to school
  • Am going to be an english tutor in the fall
But here I am! Glad to be back to making cash with your lovely faces :)
welcome back

Minx2121

Reaction score
mine ate half a cigarette my mom left sitting out once...poison control said to watch if he started turning yellow or getting extremely fatigued. It was around his bedtime so that was kind of hard to determine. He was fine, but it scared the hell out of me.
:jawdrop::jawdrop: Oh geez! I have worried about that with my one year old because half our family that comes to hang out at our house are smokers. We put ashtrays and such on the porch but some still throw the cigarettes on the ground, I end up yelling lol

Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
sounds like a good way to burst someone's little lungs, but I'm not a doctor
Idk? that's what I've heard from pediatricians too.
Semi-related story time.

When I ( and my little brothers) were little, Twin2 decided to stick a decent sized chunk of crayon in his nose. (teal) We went to the ER and they referred us to a doctor, who referred us to a doctor, who referred us to a third doctor because they had no idea how to get it out. They were recommending surgery and shit.

The third doctor pulled it out with tweezers and made fun of the other doctors.

Second semi related story time.

When willow was super little (I think she'd just learned to walk) we went to this shelter for a christmas dinner thing, they had poinsettia centerpiece things and gave them away when every thing was done. We set it in the back seat next to the monster and when we got home found that she'd eaten a handful of the leaves.

We freaked out and called poison control and the lady laughed and said it was only poisonous to animals.

I also ate more cigarettes than I'd like to admit at various times when I was a child.

Morning turkeys
why would the doctors not think of using tweezers first?? And I thought poinsettias were poisonous to humans too, so TIL.

Reactions: Jaded

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
lmao gross! I've heard the best way to get something unstuck is to hold the other nostril closed and blow into their mouth. It'll come shooting out. I got to watch it happen yesterday, it was pretty funny.
With my luck, I'd try that and his eyes would shoot out of his head. :confused:
Side note; I've seen an eye come out of a head(also saw a guy try and force it back in but, that's another story) when my buddy tazed another friend in the cheek while we were all drinking. The electricity arced through his cheek and caused his eye to jump from it's hole. Soooo funny! They said they could have saved the eye if the other dude hadn't tried to force it back in. Needless to say, I don't drink anymore. :)

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
With my luck, I'd try that and his eyes would shoot out of his head. :confused:
Side note; I've seen an eye come out of a head(also saw a guy try and force it back in but, that's another story) when my buddy tazed another friend in the cheek while we were all drinking. The electricity arced through his cheek and caused his eye to jump from it's hole. Soooo funny! They said they could have saved the eye if the other dude hadn't tried to force it back in. Needless to say, I don't drink anymore. :)
wtf

too early. too monday. lol

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Idk? that's what I've heard from pediatricians too.

why would the doctors not think of using tweezers first?? And I thought poinsettias were poisonous to humans too, so TIL.
I have no idea, it was ridiculous.

Reactions: themildone

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Fantastic news! I was griping about the two rejections last week yesterday. The one who mass rejected everyone apparently is just going to be a turd and leave it, but I emailed the other who felt I went too fast explained that I do speed read but make sure to give each survey 100% and they overturned it. Yay!

Reactions: Itsmee

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
wtf

too early. too monday. lol
lol Sorry. All the days are the same to me. I forget that people prefer it when I let them ease into the work week. I'm the guy you hate to see first, on Monday, when you haven't had your coffee yet.

Good Morning Sunshine!:p

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
lol Sorry. All the days are the same to me. I forget that people prefer it when I let them ease into the work week. I'm the guy you hate to see first, on Monday, when you haven't had your coffee yet.

Good Morning Sunshine!:p
I was mostly kidding :p it doesn't matter what time/day it is, I just have a good imagination and automatically picture stuff like that happening and it makes me squeamish lol

Reactions: Jerami

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.