07/27 - Whisper of the Heart / When Marine Was There Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
well, as much as I disagree with PETAs methods and reasoning, especially their reactions concening seaworld,
I do agree that there are some aquamarine species that are just too big to be kept in an enclosure of any kind.
you, you're just trying to get out and have a familial activity, I understand that
I just feel like it's a shame that the bigger animals cannot possibly have the space they require
Obviously, this extends to zoos - I always feel like many of the animals are depressed, when they look listless
other animals, like snakes, I can't speak for - I don't know that they're feeling enclosed
but animals like tigers who should have a large range, larger even than most zoos are in scope, those are the ones that I think are suffering.
I grew up with horses and I know how miserable and ornery some of them get when they have to miss a day of turnout or get stuck with a rider who drills them to death. And they're a domesticated species. It's the same thing with dogs who don't get the stimulation that they need. Keeping some of the largest and/or most predatory animals in the world cooped up for entertainment purposes is just nuts to me. I even grew up going to Seaworld, but I have so few actual memories of it. It was such an empty experience even as a kid.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
First time seeing this on Ben Peterson hits this morning;
Duplicate
It looks like we already have your response for this photo.

This error occurs because Amazon no longer allows HITs under 10 assignments to be extended (because that would change its pricing tier). So when more opinions are needed than expected, a new HIT must be created which workers of the previous HIT can see again.

Kagura

Reaction score
What if you worked on a survey for an hour straight and then at the end it said... "Thank you for your participation! Please return the survey!" for some reason the image of this in my head cracks me up... :LOL:
Maybe because you imagine the cacophonous sound that many desks being flipped at once would make.

SG777

Reaction score
Is there an extension that can play all videos across Mturk for Firefox?

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
You have piqued my curiosity Gina...

Title: A study on typing accuracy, story telling, and word puzzles | PANDA
Requester: Gina [A1XYTQ9FHVQY6V] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.33 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.57 Generosity
★★★★ 4.64 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.92 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 29 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this study we are interested in typing accuracy, telling a story, and word puzzles. Completing the study should take about 15 minutes (we allow 40 minutes in case you need to think more about the story we will ask you to write).
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;CWB has not been granted;Location is US

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
What if you worked on a survey for an hour straight and then at the end it said... "Thank you for your participation! Please return the survey!" for some reason the image of this in my head cracks me up... :LOL:
You submit anyway because fuck it and then you come to the forum and :rage::rage::rage:

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
What if you get Masters and the very next day your account is banned, and when you type an e-mail asking how this could happen, your hands just fall off?

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You have piqued my curiosity Gina...

Title: A study on typing accuracy, story telling, and word puzzles | PANDA
Requester: Gina [A1XYTQ9FHVQY6V] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.33 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.57 Generosity
★★★★ 4.64 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.92 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 29 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this study we are interested in typing accuracy, telling a story, and word puzzles. Completing the study should take about 15 minutes (we allow 40 minutes in case you need to think more about the story we will ask you to write).
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;CWB has not been granted;Location is US
Did you post this just to taunt me?

Reactions: seventhaxis

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I grew up with horses and I know how miserable and ornery some of them get when they have to miss a day of turnout or get stuck with a rider who drills them to death. And they're a domesticated species. It's the same thing with dogs who don't get the stimulation that they need. Keeping some of the largest and/or most predatory animals in the world cooped up for entertainment purposes is just nuts to me. I even grew up going to Seaworld, but I have so few actual memories of it. It was such an empty experience even as a kid.
it's a shame. because the IDEA of the zoo is pretty cool. you know, get your kids to see real life animals. keeping species alive past the point that nature/we would have ended them. unfortunately, the application of the zoo isn't as friendly to the animals as many people would like. many people that work in zoos really try hard. they do. for example, getting people dressed as pandas to volunteer to bottle feed baby pandas. which I think is a great opportunity for people that are dressed as pandas.

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
Does anybody know the codes for Mike Tyson's Punch Out? I've been stuck on Bald Bull for years and it really grinds my gears :D

Reactions: j0e

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
What if you get Masters and the very next day your account is banned, and when you type an e-mail asking how this could happen, your hands just fall off?

Reactions: Kagura and Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.